Unpopular opinions.

Comments

• No no, you're fine.

Just ship Rhysha now. It won't interfere with your current ship.

LawmanZero posted: »

I ship August with Fiona. (runs away from Rhysa and Rhyiona Army.)

• Confident guy 'isn't as confident as he seems', dorky sidekick, femle friend is working behind the scenes to help them and appears on a computer screen.

Care to explain?

• edited March 2015

Don't listen to @InGen_Nate_Kenny join Rhyiona.

• My opinion bruh. Hence the title of the thread

zeke10 posted: »

Sasha is the worst character in the game Again NO

• True, but cheesy doesn't mean bad. Rhys is one of the most relatable characters in a game for me, I personally like him more than Fiona

Flog61 posted: »

Confident guy 'isn't as confident as he seems', dorky sidekick, femle friend is working behind the scenes to help them and appears on a computer screen.

• edited March 2015

I felt kinda bad for August. I mean, come on, the guy was conned and was pretty much in a loveless relationship with Sasha. I feel kind of bad, kinda

• I second this.

Rock114 posted: »

I don't like Sasha in the slightest. I also don't like all the shipping that's going on. This fandom has enough ships to make a goddamn armada.

• Agreed. I think he's a pretty decent dude as far as Pandorans go. I certainly don't see him as some creep or villain like some people do.

ISantCpell posted: »

I felt kinda bad for August. I mean, come on, the guy was conned and was pretty much in a loveless relationship with Sasha. I feel kind of bad, kinda

• If I actually shipped any characters in this game, I feel like it would definitely be this ship.

• [Brofist.]

I really like August too. He's such an interesting character. Something about his blunt honesty wins me over. And I have to agree with you on the last point, I don't trust anyone.

• Yeah, I was sorta hoping he would redeem himself in Episode 2. But, he might eventually.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Agreed. I think he's a pretty decent dude as far as Pandorans go. I certainly don't see him as some creep or villain like some people do.

• edited March 2015

A few add-ons:

I somewhat feel for Vasquez. Like other employees of Hyperion, he had a madman as his idol and such, was molded to be that way. I believe he really did want to help and assist Rhys -- just did an awful job at doing so. My other unpopular opinion is that I dislike these "ship wars" and I don't think they are funny or interesting to watch. Given, they are jokingly and aren't harming anyone, so I can't judge. It's just.. a bit crazy, I suppose.

• Sorry, but I'm overbooked and I don't have time to enlist in BOTH armies or one.

Now I have to go clear Lynchwood again.

• He's just very emotional. I'd like to see him calm down and join the heroes and stuff.

He would also be a great Mob Boss, but Valory's one already.

ISantCpell posted: »

Yeah, I was sorta hoping he would redeem himself in Episode 2. But, he might eventually.

• I agree with you about the ship wars. They're harmless, but they have the tendency to overtake everything and I think that's what can be so exhausting about them. That and by now I'm sure people have dug themselves so hard into a certain camp there's bound to be disappointment no matter what happens.

That being said, I agree with you about Vasquez. He's an egotist, but so is (seemingly) 90% of Hyperion. Rhys's "overflowing with assholes" line certainly rings true! I'd be curious to see if he's going to get any character development outside of just being a roadblock.

A few add-ons: I somewhat feel for Vasquez. Like other employees of Hyperion, he had a madman as his idol and such, was molded to be that

• I wish that We Love Fine Borderlands competition was still open when Ep 2 dropped because so many people would have entered the Hyperion sock and so many more people would have voted for them!

DeityD posted: »

I guess we just have to ask TTG for some official Hyperion socks. xD

• Many people try to claim Rhys has a crush or whatever on Sasha but I think that is bullcrap, and not just because I ship Rhyiona.

• I'm a little bit in love with Rudiger/Grease Face.

• I really dislike the ship wars/ship-related gang wars.

For now, it's just people in gangster outfits attacking each other with Super Soakers from the heavily fortified hotels they're in, but it's going to escalate into bomb throwing, arson and the sounds of Tommy Gun bullets striking flesh.

• Yeah. This is a forum where everyone has different perspectives and likes, but Rhysha and Rhyiona fights are eating up most of the board space. Respect each other's ships guys, and you don't have to make every other thread about shipping if one or two threads concerning it already exist.

I really dislike the ship wars/ship-related gang wars. For now, it's just people in gangster outfits attacking each other with Super Soak

• edited March 2015

Well, this is the unpopular opinions thread, and in my opinion cheesiness is bad.

True, but cheesy doesn't mean bad. Rhys is one of the most relatable characters in a game for me, I personally like him more than Fiona

• You know what? I'm going to make a thread about this. Right now.

Dapnee posted: »

Yeah. This is a forum where everyone has different perspectives and likes, but Rhysha and Rhyiona fights are eating up most of the board spa

• You're playing with fire Lawman, seriously you're just asking to be spammed with fanfic...

Just do what I do, let them have their fun, but the second you stumble into a shipping thread be like:

Alt text

You know what? I'm going to make a thread about this. Right now.

• edited March 2015

I'm just worried, Jack.

Also, here's what I was going to say:

Now, I understand that Rhyiona and Rhysa are the two most popular ships here. A lot of the shippers here are doing good-natured combat, but I'm worried.

You see, this is how I see it.

There are two 1920s gangster clans in a well populated part of the city, each in two well-fortified hotels turned into bases for them-with plenty of guns, too. Now, the people in one hotel ship Rhysa, and the ones on the other ship Rhyiona.

At the moment, it's harmless. They're throwing friendly verbal insults, chucking toilet paper, and petty stuff. But soon, it's going to turn ugly.

There'll be the sounds of a massive firefight breaking out in a street in Telltale Town's Borderlands District.. There will be the sound of shotguns firing, revolvers blasting, Tommy guns roaring, heavy machine guns spraying windows with bullets, and a heavy firefight going on. People will get knifed as well. Bombs will be detonated or thrown, and cars will burn with the occupants inside. This isn't any meme posting-it's a war.

And between the firefight, there will be people running for cover. Some will try to break up the fight, but they'll get stabbed and the bullets will keep flying. Soon, it'll spread to the whole of the district, and they'll be no more joking or talking about the latest plot points. Just lots of dying and fire.

Then the mods will have to come in. The police will break up the mobs, the firemen will put out the fires, the ambulances will get the wounded to hospital and the Mod Airships carpet-bomb the whole area. And the war will be over, but it'll soon start again thanks to another argument.

But, to be serious, Rhysa and Rhyiona are taking up lots of the board space, and people have begun to take sides. There's already 2 threads about shipping, but there's no need to make around a couple hundred more.

In fact, there should be at least a shipping megathread or something. People can post want they want there, but they need to be civil.

I mean, it's all good at the moment, and people are nice and joking.

Just don't try to kill each other, OK?

You're playing with fire Lawman, seriously you're just asking to be spammed with fanfic... Just do what I do, let them have their fun, but the second you stumble into a shipping thread be like:

• Shipping threads are like the youtube comments of this forum. You know you shouldn't look, but curiosity wins out and then you're scarred for life.

A few add-ons: I somewhat feel for Vasquez. Like other employees of Hyperion, he had a madman as his idol and such, was molded to be that

• Ahaha, I don't know why I doubted you - touché!

Alt text

I'm just worried, Jack. Also, here's what I was going to say: Now, I understand that Rhyiona and Rhysa are the two most popular ships

• Rudiger assumes direct control

I'm a little bit in love with Rudiger/Grease Face.

• edited March 2015

I don't look at them, I see just see them being spammed on the Forums.

Also, shipping topics are brought into unrelated topics, but it's generally all in good humor.

Shipping threads are like the youtube comments of this forum. You know you shouldn't look, but curiosity wins out and then you're scarred for life.

• Well, you got my support.

You know what? I'm going to make a thread about this. Right now.

• I only really ship Jack and Rhys. I like the other ships, but I'm not totally in love with them either x)

Not really an opinion, but I'm often in the minority for the choices (I didn't let Shade accompany me, I didn't trust Sasha, I shot Felix, I didn't tell anyone about Handsome Jack and I trusted Jack. Damn, I feel like a scumbag XD)

I LOVE Handsome Jack and want to be on his side like I was in Pre-Sequel (it was so awesome)

I think that's it :3

• I actually think Rhys is either gay or bi, and I ship him with Vaughn and Jack.

• Handsome Jack annoys the hell out of me.

• Alt text

Mariana238 posted: »

Handsome Jack annoys the hell out of me.

• Penguins...? why.....
    WHY penguins...?

Ahaha, I don't know why I doubted you - touché!

• I .... Trust Handsome Jack. ... that's probably an idiot move but.... y'know

• Because my first gif was also from Adventure Time - y'know, thematic links and stuff.

stevean2 posted: »

Penguins...? why..... WHY penguins...?

• edited March 2015

It'd be pretty ironic if Handsome Jack ends up being one of the more trustworthy characters (at least initially) in this series. Heck, we've already been betrayed by Felix, debatably Vaughn, and possibly Yvette? Who knows what could happen with Fiona, Sasha, Vallory, etc, etc...

I guess it'd be interesting to see him being the only one to hold his end of the bargain. We're all expecting him to backstab sooner rather than later, especially since he's so unrepentant about everything. At the very least it would make choosing to whether or not to side with him at certain points little more ambiguous.

I .... Trust Handsome Jack. ... that's probably an idiot move but.... y'know

• Unfortunately, it's closer to the truth than to shippers delusions. When guys from TTG played yesterday on twitch, they kinda hinted it.

fayescarlet posted: »

Many people try to claim Rhys has a crush or whatever on Sasha but I think that is bullcrap, and not just because I ship Rhyiona.

• Nah don't worry, you probably will be rewarded for that. Probably.

I .... Trust Handsome Jack. ... that's probably an idiot move but.... y'know

• I'm not sure if this is really considered an unpopular opinion.... but In My Opinion. Tales From The Borderlands is the best series telltale has ever done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.