Athena's Capture in Episode 3?

I'm just speculating here, but to those who are familiar with the Pre-Sequel, everyone knows that Athena was captured before-hand, and the story is just one big flashback. Essentially, it is being narrated from a time beyond Borderlands 2. Athena was supposedly captured by Brick and Mordecai (Lilith's two best men) and nearly killed them in the process.

Skip to the teaser for TFTB Ep. 3, Catch a Ride. In it, we see an assortment of characters, but two of them are Brick and Athena. Since it's indeterminate when Athena was being interrogated, I believe that in Episode 3, we will witness the clash between Athena, Brick, and Mordecai that led to Athena's capture. Our decisions regarding our interactions with her will change how the fight goes (like did we take the shield, or did Loader Bot get involved).

Just pointless speculation. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Any excuse for mordecai to appear

• He's a sniper, he doesn't want to be seen. ;)

Any excuse for mordecai to appear

• Any excuse for Brick to appear

• When you're built him, it's hard NOT to be seen.

DoubleJump posted: »

Any excuse for Brick to appear

• I kinda think you are right but at the same time....I don't wan't to be reminded of why Lilith fills me with rage that makes me want this to happen to her:
    Alt text

So i am holding out for hope that this is post-TPS ending :/

• She's just really over in her head, overreacting and feeling horribly guilty at the moment.

Still, I feel that was a terrible overreaction. It's one thing to feel guilty that you were responsible for the deaths of billions of people in a 3-year war. It's another thing to project it onto someone and order that person murdered.

I kinda think you are right but at the same time....I don't wan't to be reminded of why Lilith fills me with rage that makes me want this to happen to her: So i am holding out for hope that this is post-TPS ending

• Plus Athenas involvement with Jack begun and ended with a single mercenary contract that had nothing to do with Pandora. Other than saving the damn dustball that is >.<
    And yes, before someone calls me out on it, i realize my reaction is as much as overreaction and unfair as Liliths was. I'm a shameless Athena fanboy, if that hasn't become apparent in my posts :p

LawmanZero posted: »

She's just really over in her head, overreacting and feeling horribly guilty at the moment. Still, I feel that was a terrible overreactio

• I'm an Athena fanboy too, but I trust Lilith.

Jack is somewhere between a dick and a friendly enemy.

And then there's Piston.

Plus Athenas involvement with Jack begun and ended with a single mercenary contract that had nothing to do with Pandora. Other than saving t

• This game's events happen AFTER the flashbacks of Borderlands The Pre-sequel as far as i know

• Is that confirmed anywhere? Just curious.

This game's events happen AFTER the flashbacks of Borderlands The Pre-sequel as far as i know

• Thinking about it....While i distinctly heard Janey tell Athena 'we are supposed to be laying low', why would Athena show her face in front of Scooter who knows both her and the original vault hunters (and Athena would know this) if the purpose is to hide from them? Scooter was no fan of Jack either and would have far more loyalty towards the Crimson Raiders than just a customer. Plus, if i'd have to find someone on the run on Pandora, the guy who operates the biggest source of vehicles would be the first person i would ask. So much speculation! GIVE ME EPISODE 3 NOW DAMNIT! >.<

• Jack confirmed it in this trailer:

Is that confirmed anywhere? Just curious.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.