Telltale wouldn't be this cruel would they?

13»

Comments

• I like Rhys as of now, but that's only because of the option where you can tell Sasha how you hate Hyperion. Fiona hasn't had a deep moment like that, at least expressing it to another character, but I feel she'll get a heartfelt piece to tell what it's like being a not-a-gun-toting-badass. She's kinda touched on it but I really think there's more to her.

They're both pretty awesome depending on how you play them, so I don't know who I'll choose. When the time comes I'll see who I want to live. But depending on what happens which one will get off easy?

• Lee wasn't original either, and really what made him stand out was that the player had full control on what kind of character he could be, same thing with Rhys, he's nowhere near an original character, but that doesn't make him bad or really that stale to me.

While I like Fiona, her character is also stale when you think about it, in that she's kind of the typical, tough older sister trying to get by and get the big score. She's also an orphan who grew up on the streets and she was adopted by an older man who taught her skills that would help her get by and that's been done quite a few times.

Flog61 posted: »

compared to Lee and Bigby. Well, yeah, sure, that's because Telltale sort of had (well still have, really) a preferred type of prota

• WHAT?!

Alt text

LoaderBot's death would be worse than Clementine's death, even.

• Alt text

MichaelBP posted: »

Was there ever any doubt that Loader Bot was the best son a company man, and his con artist wife, could ever ask for?

• Rhys got a lot more screen-time and development in my opinion. He has a lot of major choices and plot-point. Like the ending of ep 2 and Handsome Jack inside his head (which makes him a very interesting character to explore)

Fiona on the other hand has backstory, struggles (imo) sometimes with her impulsive sister (hint at Felix's gift) and is slow to trust others.. Like Different above me said: She hasn't yet had a deep moment like that aside from perhaps killing off Felix, which wasn't that heavy imo because we didn't know him that very well and Fiona is a bit 'meh' about it. But I have a feeling she will do her part.

I wouldn't be able to choose. We go together, or not at all!

• Is there a third choice to let Sasha die?

RHYIONA4LYF

• Alt text

Is there a third choice to let Sasha die? RHYIONA4LYF

• Hope so. Rhysha needs to die.

Is there a third choice to let Sasha die? RHYIONA4LYF

• I swear, if they kill off Loaderbot I'll probably cry waterfalls. You see that stuff that happened to Wall-e in Wall-e? I was a weeping mess at the end! Even when he got injured I was just....okdjowjowjeowij! ;_;

DON'T DO IT! DON'T KILL LOADERBOT BROS!

No, don't remind me. Loaderbot's death would be way worse than Lee's, Luke's, and Kenny's death combined.

• Alt text

Hope so. Rhysha needs to die.

• That would such a difficult choice since by that time we be invested in both of those characters alot.

Not really.

Hate to say it, but if Fiona wasn't in the game, I'd hardly even noticed. I guess it's a backside of being grifter... and a female.

• Don't worry, by the end end of Tales, this will happen to the S.S Rhysha:

Alt text

Hope so. Rhysha needs to die.

• edited March 2015

Oops, you just sank your own ship mistaking it for Rhysha.

Rhysha is sailing just beyond.

Alt text

MichaelBP posted: »

Don't worry, by the end end of Tales, this will happen to the S.S Rhysha:

• Wait... what?!

Sees the S.S Rhyiona in flames

Alt text

Alt text

J-Master posted: »

Oops, you just sank your own ship mistaking it for Rhysha. Rhysha is sailing just beyond.

• That would be easy for me.Rhys all the way!

• And the post of the year goes to....bloop!

• edited March 2015

Sniff I would like to thank the Lord for honoring me with this award....

Tolispro posted: »

And the post of the year goes to....bloop!

• Alt text

bloop posted: »

Sniff I would like to thank the Lord for honoring me with this award....

• edited March 2015

Lee wasn't original, but telltale had more experience writing characters like him.

Young girl and her sister being adopted into a life of crime hasn't been done much has it? It's happened with boys a lot before.

Fiona's not trying to 'get by' she wants to make loads of money which makes her the exact same as Rhys there, so like I said, level pegging.

the 'tough older sister' thing doesnt really work when her younger sister is just as tough.

Lee wasn't original either, and really what made him stand out was that the player had full control on what kind of character he could be, s

• Okay so, Fiona and Sasha get a pass because they're female? Okay.

I didn't say Fiona was tougher than Sasha.

Rhys isn't really that different from Telltale's standards, in some ways he has some Guybrush Threepwood in him, at least from the way Telltale characterized him in their Monkey island game.

Lee wasn't original, but telltale had more experience writing characters like him. Young girl and her sister being adopted into a life of

• edited March 2015

We're talking about troped. Tropes often have a lot to do with gender, whether people like hearing that or not.

The 'tough older sister' trope implies that the younger one isn't as tough.

He's like guybrush in that he's a comical character. That's...pretty much it. And, even if they were very similar, them writing one character like this before doesn't mean that they wont look to outside help/preconceived notions to help write them - even if the characters were alike, it would still be almost comletely unchartered territory for their writing.

Okay so, Fiona and Sasha get a pass because they're female? Okay. I didn't say Fiona was tougher than Sasha. Rhys isn't really that di

• I'm not talking about tropes, I'm talking about originality.

Like I said, I didn't say Fiona was tougher.

We're talking about troped. Tropes often have a lot to do with gender, whether people like hearing that or not. The 'tough older sister'

• edited March 2015

Neither.... Unless TT makes me control a third person.

• What if there is no timer... Then you HAVE to choose. No, wait, if there is a timer, and you let it run out, TTG will just give you a game over, so you NEED to choose one if you want to end the episode.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

choose who lives between Reece and Fiona In all honesty, I´d let the timer run out. I won´t choose.

• There´s only one solution.

Alt text

AChicken posted: »

What if there is no timer... Then you HAVE to choose. No, wait, if there is a timer, and you let it run out, TTG will just give you a game over, so you NEED to choose one if you want to end the episode.

• Plot twiiiiisst!!!

pcharl01 posted: »

Neither.... Unless TT makes me control a third person.

• I thought someone would say that...

ABigBadWolf posted: »

There´s only one solution.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.