Does anyone else dislike Vaughn?

Even though he did get the 10 million I still saw him as a liability once we got to Pandora. He makes Rhys look like the fighting type. He gets pushed around by Rudiger, Vasquez and Fiona. I sold him out in less than half of a second with no regrets when Vasquez came calling so I didn't really care when he did the same and didn't buy into his bull shit about "not going through with it". If he's determinant it won't effect me.

Comments

• "You are a terrible friend and bro."

• Vaughn is definitely my favorite Npc.

• "He gets pushed around by Rudiger, Vasquez and Fiona"
    You say that like surviving on Pandora is easy

• I don't dislike Vaughn, he's pretty funny, but I don't think he can be trusted anymore. 8U

• Nope. He's my bro.

• I wrote a post detailing Vaughn's future if he lives TFTBL. I'm just going to copy and paste it here instead of writing it here:

Lets say Rhyona happens, and Sasha get back with August. What happens the Vaughn you may ask? He is alone while we are on this mission, sad hes got not body. After this is all over, he get married to a nice girl, has children. The wife turns out to be a complete a**hole, drains him of money and leaves with the kid and has a divorce. Cant make house payments, has to pay child support, loses his job, and then starts to grow bald because of stress. And then he marries again, to a Pandora redneck, they live in a double wide trailer, w with 13 kids, and hes to support them while making numerous other payments. It turns out the events of TFtBL is him remembering when things were good for him Then the camera pans across the trailer park, in to Vaughns home, he is in a stained recliner, with a stained work-out shirt on. It zooms in on his face an he says "f###k my life".The screen goes black and the credits roll.

So if you hate hate/dislike Vaughn, you now know his future. No need to make his life hell right now, he will get whats coming.

• It's hard to hate a guy with abs like these:

Alt text

But in all seriousness, I do like him, although not as much after I learned about the deal he made. I'd like to believe he wouldn't go through with it, considering how much he helped Rhys to try and get his promotion that he wouldn't just backstab his friend like that, but a part of me will be hesitant in the future about trusting him again. I won't make the same mistake I made with Bonnie happen here as well.

• I like Vaughn haha :)

• I don't dislike him it's just after the last episode I'm having a bit of trouble trusting him (why bro why) yeah he said he did it to protect us from Vasquez but can't really believe that was the only reason...or maybe it is I don't know. Still told him he was my bro and gave him another chance cause that's what bros do. Also these are money guys working for a corporation not vault hunters of course they're going to get their butts kicked on Pandora, not everyone is capable of fighting.

• Vaughns actually a really cool character for who he is and what he does (Go accountants whoo!). Besides the whole betraying you to get Vasquez off your back thing, he's actually trying, both in being a good friend and surviving on Pandora.

• He's my favorite NPC. Even after the deal with Vasquez.

• He's funny and I like him :)

• Don't worry, you aren't alone. I'm not fond of Vaughn either.

• How could you not like Vaughn? Hes hilarious.

• edited March 2015

I don't dislike him, but I didn't really trust him from the get go. I think he's a good character and he makes me laugh, but at the same time in the very beginning they establish that Rhys and his friends (Vaughn and Yvette) are the sort who will stab backs and all to save their own skins. So, while I do see him as Rhys's friend, I also don't see that friendship as one that's completely unshakable.

• I don't trust him at all after episode 2. I'd genuinely choose to save Loaderbot over him now. Heck I'd choose to save my stun baton over him.

• I still trust him. I don't believe he would sell out Rhys anymore than Sasha would sell out Fiona.

Flog61 posted: »

I don't trust him at all after episode 2. I'd genuinely choose to save Loaderbot over him now. Heck I'd choose to save my stun baton over him.

• I like him.. but I think he's kind of shifty (don't really trust him to have my back as before..)

• His annoyance when Vasquez doesn't stick to the deal is evidence enough for me tha I can't trust him.

And obviously he's more likely to betray you than Sasha. The game makes it clear that whether you can trust him isn't certain, whereas Sasha's loyalty is never once questioned.

KCohere posted: »

I still trust him. I don't believe he would sell out Rhys anymore than Sasha would sell out Fiona.

• edited March 2015

Ehh I do not not not like him.

• i dont trust people who dislike vaugn

• I know that the game is trying to cast doubt on him, but since they're all liars and thieves, I choose to not take that at face value and believe I can trust him until I have a solid reason not to.

His annoyance when Vasquez doesn't stick to the deal is evidence enough for me tha I can't trust him. And obviously he's more likely to b

• The game makes it clear that whether you can trust him isn't certain, whereas Sasha's loyalty is never once questioned.

Yet you mean.

His annoyance when Vasquez doesn't stick to the deal is evidence enough for me tha I can't trust him. And obviously he's more likely to b

• I trust and like him, Vaughn looks like he wont defent himself, so he makes Rhys and the others do it for him. Never thought of it strange whay he never fights even though he worked out a ton? Because if he gets in a fight, somebody is going to get f##ked up more than they imagined. Vaughn not only worked out, he also learned the most dangerous of fighting styles, ha practices everyday so he can protect himself only if he has to, all because of people who bullied him. He doesn't fight because if he does, he goes God-mode on all his enemies. Its Uncle Greasy's story time again.

Vaughn just finished working out. His muscles ached. He didnt want to work out, as he felt like he was leavig his old self behind, but if it meant Charles and his gang of douche-bags would leave him alone, then so be it. He left his office, keeping watch for them. He couldnt fight them now, he was weak from work out time. But as he turned the corner to meet up with Rhys and Yvette for lunch, he was met with a clothes-line. He fell, and saw the smirk on Charles face. Vaughn couldnt have been more mad.

Charles: Look who we have here, little baby Vaughn who works in accounting.....

Vaughn: Come on Charles, not today, i just want to have a peaceful day. I could drain your bank accout if you keep messing with me!

Charles and his group laugh. He and Vaughn exchange some words, and eventually leading to a fight. Charles proceeded to take shirt, revealing his 4 pack. Vaughn wasnt intimidated by it. He took it as a calling to show he was the alpha male here. He slowly took off his vest, then his button-up sweater. He just let it fall to the ground, revealing his six pack, so well defined it looked like they were sculpted from marble. The others gasped and Vaughn looked Charles in the eye. Charles did not like that. He threw a punch straight at Vaughns face. Vaughn did the only thing he knew to do.... He went god mode. He raised his palm and blocked the attack. While Charles was in shock, Vaughn hit back for the first time in his life. Charles's teeth flew out his face and he stumbled back with an angered face. He pulled out his hyperion shotgun from his back pocket. He tried to shoot Vaughn, but Vaughn dodged every shot. The bullets that did hit him bounced of his rock hard six pack- except for the one Vaughn caught in between them. Charles was messing with a power greater than him. He was scared. Vaughn spoke in a divine voice:

Vaughn: You messed with the wrong motherfucker.

What happened next? Find out next time on (insert awesome title here)!

And aslo he stole $10 million for us.

• I already did not like Vaughn and in episode two when he wanted to fist bump all I wanted to do was punch his face.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.