is Borderlands a romantic game?

just seeing all threads here compelled me to think that is it? cuz i dont think it suits the story that much and the nature of the game itself. Why are people so interested in shipping in this game? shouldnt you leave it to games like twau TWD or got?

Comments

• Roses are red

Violets are blue

People will ship anything that moves

• i dont think it suits the story that much and the nature of the game itself.

I think it could to some extent; we already see plenty of relationships in the regular Borderlands series, and the characters in this game seem to have some active chemistry.

Besides, August's attraction to Sasha means that we already have form of romantic drama going on.

• I don't know. I just love shipping people :3

• From what I've heard, no it's not, but people will always find a reason to ship. I personally choose not to ship people, it's fun watching people battle it out here on the sidelines.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It ain't.

I don't doubt someone shipped someone which led to more shipping of someones and then, well... here we are.

• No it is defs not but there is no harm in shipping :)

• edited March 2015

You would think so with all the shipping that's going on wouldn't you? :P
    I think it could work with a romance element added, but it wouldn't suit BL to have anything like that as a major plot point - it would have to be more of a background thing. It would also have to be a funny/cute/messy or maybe even slightly tragic romance I think, which is something I'd love to see in Tales. If it was something like that, I could definitely see it working.
    Also, Rhyiona4lyfe.

• I agree! Telltale, make it happen!

Alt text

You would think so with all the shipping that's going on wouldn't you? :P I think it could work with a romance element added, but it would

• edited March 2015

Does borderlands look like a romantic game? Shipping is just something people do for fun. I don't know why it upsets some fans. It's not like the game makers are going to make the game all about romance.

• No, it's not a romantic game. People are just having fun.

Telltale writes interesting characters, and it's always fun to see the way they play off of each other. So, I think that, especially with a story like this where you have a group of characters just thrown together it's inevitable that people will be all like:

Alt text

But the story itself? It definitely falls more into the sci-fi action/adventure genre than romance.

• edited March 2015

What are you guys talking about? This is the most heartwrenching, pure and well written love story ever. Not a romantic game? Pfftttttt.

Naw, but really, it´s fun.

• shouldnt you leave it to games like twau TWD or got?

Lol, you can't possibly be serious if you say things like this.

• People will ship anything moves

Alt text

Roses are red Violets are blue People will ship anything that moves

• I don't see anything romantic, but shipping's fuuuuun XD Honestly, I wouldn't be bothered if nobody hooked up by the end, if they all became best pals, heck yes I'd love that!

POWER TO THE BROTP SHIP BROOOO!

• if you count guts and blood as a romatic then yes borderlands is the most romantic game you will play

• edited March 2015

Nope.

And that's why its characters are so fun to ship :3

• Anything can be shipped with anything so TftB is no exception.

I don't ship people unless it's hinted that a pair like each other.

Pairs like Rhys and Fiona seem like they could have a romantic interest going on, but to me they really haven't shown it to an extent.

As for Rhys and Fiona, I feel like they're only partners in crime at this point who tie a closer bond (friendly, not romantically) but then go through a traumatic event where they both can't stand one another.

Not really a shipper

• edited March 2015

I see many forms of relationships

The Siren & soldier (broke up)
    Hunter and Fawkes
    Zero and his steel

Jack and his daughter

Crushes
    Claptrap and Angel

Scooter and Sasha

Rhyosha
    AugVougsha

• Rakk Hive X Hyperion Moonshot

Roses are red Violets are blue People will ship anything that moves

• Alt text

Rakk Hive X Hyperion Moonshot

• Of course it is! I mean.. have you SEEN Vaughn shirtless? Grade A romcom material there.

• You would think by just taking a quick glance at this place.

• I usually don't ship people. I just love the game and the characters so much that I make an exception this once. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.