Telltale REALLY needs to add a romance factor in this game

Just think about it. A lot of the Tales fanbase is getting into arguments over "Rhys and Fiona" or "Rhys and Sasha" or whatever other ship there is. Imagine how the forums are gonna explode if one of these become canon and the other doesn't...

Alt text

Basically, they should add one

Comments

• I wish Telltale would put romance in their games like mass effect. :3. I think they could do a good job of it.

• Obviously if there was going to be one canon ship we all know it would be Rhyiona, no doubt.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015

I want that also.

But I don't see that happening . Besides we don't need anything else to slow the release of the episodes.

• Basically, they should add one.

Alt text

Though if they made "Who is Rhys going to end up with" determinant, then this place would be worse than during Kenny vs Jane war, lol.

• I think they're trying to not put it into the story too soon. Maybe they'll make you choose a girl... I can see the fights now...

Alt text

• Telltale could be really evil with this...I like it.

• edited April 2015

Now that's a perfect way to ruin a game.

• No, they REALLY don't.

• Maybe in their future works, but not in TFTB. It is easy to get this game ruined.

• IF they leave the romance untouched, fine by me. I've got plenty roleplaying outlets to play out all my fantasies. :E

• Alt text

DeityD posted: »

Now that's a perfect way to ruin a game.

• More like obvious shipper is obvious.

Because I'm super cereal. Wrong game mate.

• At this point it feels like if they dont almost everyone will be sad

• I think it'd be even more cruel (and hilarious) if they just left it incredibly vague and up in the air, but with enough shipping bait to tease both parties.

Like, if every episode they have one thing that points towards Rhyiona and one thing that suggests Rhysha - but never make a confirmation either way - and then just sit back and watch the forum descend into chaos...

Alt text

• Not quite right. Everyone will be sad if we won't have cute interraction moments anymore, but many will be mad if we'll have one canon pair and it will be set in stone. Because obviously, whatever they'll choose can't please everyone. It's fine by me if we'll have TftB characters in BL3 and then we'll hear more about it, because this way things can work out like they naturally do in BL games.

Poogers555 posted: »

At this point it feels like if they dont almost everyone will be sad

• Telltale REALLY needs to add a romance factor in this game

Alt text

• edited April 2015

I think it'd be even more cruel (and hilarious) if they just left it incredibly vague and up in the air, but with enough shipping bait to tease both parties.

You know, there are more than two parties. Though yes, those two of course prevail and have more memorable moments.

I think it'd be even more cruel (and hilarious) if they just left it incredibly vague and up in the air, but with enough shipping bait to te

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Eh, it' not for me. Video game romances always make me feel uncomfortable if it's based off a choice.

• Or we could just have Rhyiona. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Yes. Rhysha is all we need.

But it be awesome to have determinant. Just don't kill Sasha TellTale, please.

• edited April 2015

Yeah, just imagine... we'll have a real romance for real for the first time in TT game... Rhysha. xD * trollface *

That's why it's better be none. At least this way people won't have to participate in something they loathe and won't have an urge to scoop their eyes with the sporks.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Or we could just have Rhyiona. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I will fight to eternity for Rhyiona. Don´t test my will. :P

Yeah, just imagine... we'll have a real romance for real for the first time in TT game... Rhysha. xD * trollface * That's why it's better

• We didn't have a chance to fight for Fate in TWAU, you know. And had to watch Bigby moping around Snow no matter what.

There's a very thin chance that they'll make another pc a love interest if they'll be making any.

I will fight to eternity for Rhyiona. Don´t test my will. :P

• But we know Snow and Bigby are canon in the comics regardless...since it was a prequel they couldn´t really have made it canon if they wanted to.

I´m still sore over Carley.

We didn't have a chance to fight for Fate in TWAU, you know. And had to watch Bigby moping around Snow no matter what. There's a very thin chance that they'll make another pc a love interest if they'll be making any.

• edited April 2015

That's not what I meant, it might've been canon but like... they could've made dialogues that don't sound so sappy and all when we're talking with her at least. I don't mean it like we had to have a chance to just forget about her (though even in canon there was that one time, I fogret the name of that mundy girl he lived with for a while) and hit on Fate but I still think it doesn't have to be like that. It's like we have no control over what the character's saying and doing when it comes to things like that. And since it's a touchy subject it should be handled more carefully by the devs.

And I mean it's not even I liked Fate that much or hated Snow. Though I know some people did hate her and were very sour about the whole situation.

I's been so long I don't even remember who's that even. xD

But we know Snow and Bigby are canon in the comics regardless...since it was a prequel they couldn´t really have made it canon if they wanted to. I´m still sore over Carley.

• Oh, I misunderstood, I´m sorry. I think it could be pulled off but I agree that it should be treated carefully, though. Then again, no matter what they do they´ll always have complaints...be it about how long the episode was, that it was "filler", etc. TT just can´t win, poor guys.

The girl that had problems with the batteries in TWD. I will never get over it. ;_;

That's not what I meant, it might've been canon but like... they could've made dialogues that don't sound so sappy and all when we're talkin

• edited April 2015

Then again, no matter what they do they´ll always have complaints...be it about how long the episode was, that it was "filler", etc. TT just can´t win, poor guys.

Exactly. People are saying they should do it like Bioware did in MS and DA but god what they have to put up with by doing their romances... Insults in social media and mails, death threats (to the point that one of their writers even left if I remember it right, because she was kinda fed up by this), endless shitstorms on forums... And now people demand romances, and they always need more and more each time, always need more variations of it and good luck trying to satisfy those who want to romance person x with males even though it can only by romanced by females, for example. Do it once and you'll never get out of this. BL fandom seems to be able to handle what gearbox did - I mean, we know some characters have relationships but we know it only through the dialogues in which we're not even involved directly and there's always a limit what characters will say. And it seems it's still good what TTG did so far in TftB.

Oh now I remember. Well... it's TWD after all.

Oh, I misunderstood, I´m sorry. I think it could be pulled off but I agree that it should be treated carefully, though. Then again, no matte

• Even outside romance options...people are just never happy. I´ve seen so many petty complaints about things in this place that it gets ridiculous. One way or another TT´s stories are pretty linear anyway so whatever they do isn´t going to change much (but cause complaints about it being linear...the usual).

Alt text

Then again, no matter what they do they´ll always have complaints...be it about how long the episode was, that it was "filler", etc. TT just

• I'm not sure. I happened to come across some of those complaints over romances and they're way worse then your usual complaints. I guess cause it's a very, very touchy subject and very... devoted (or more like emotionally unstable) shippers. I saw what people were saying during the announcemet of some characters not being avaible for romance or not being avaible to some races/genders and it was way worse than any complaint about the waiting time here so far.

But yeah, whatever TTG is planing to do I only hope it won't back-fire in the end. I'm kinda exited about all those cute moments we had so far but I'm also scared because it's easily can turn into something ugly very fast.

Even outside romance options...people are just never happy. I´ve seen so many petty complaints about things in this place that it gets ridic

• Huh, well, outside gaming itself shipping wars get absolutely terrifying a lot of the time (I hear ATLA was mind scarring in that aspect) so I really don´t doubt what you´re saying. But what are people expecting? You won´t be able to romance the whole cast of something in any game. It´s just unthinkable.

I think this fandom is mature enough to handle anything (these "shipping wars" are just good natured fun, afterall) but fingers crossed anyway.

I'm not sure. I happened to come across some of those complaints over romances and they're way worse then your usual complaints. I guess cau

• You won´t be able to romance the whole cast of something in any game. It´s just unthinkable.

No, it's not... Bioware just made one mistake making all 4 love interests in the previous game available for both males and femaless regardless and created a precedent. And like I said, give them something and they'll never shut up - like we already know that there are plenty of lgbt characters in BL universe, so many will be pissed if we'll have only hetero romance.

I also think so, and I really hope so.

Huh, well, outside gaming itself shipping wars get absolutely terrifying a lot of the time (I hear ATLA was mind scarring in that aspect) so

• edited April 2015

Though if they made "Who is Rhys going to end up with" determinant, then this place would be worse than during Kenny vs Jane war, lol.

Not only that, but if it's determinant and all characters live to show up in Borderlands 3, that's probably going to cause some continuity issues. Gearbox would have to choose a "canon" pairing which would piss people who chose the other one off. :P

So if Telltale is planning on putting a little romance into the game, they're gonna have to chose just one in order to make a clear canon, in my opinion.

Pipas posted: »

Basically, they should add one. Though if they made "Who is Rhys going to end up with" determinant, then this place would be worse than during Kenny vs Jane war, lol.

• I also think so, and I really hope so.

Alt text

You won´t be able to romance the whole cast of something in any game. It´s just unthinkable. No, it's not... Bioware just made one m

• Oh, totally! I hope they have bait for ALL the ships!

• Suggestive Rhack moments
    • Adorable Faughn interactions
    • Tender Rhoaderbot times
    • Sexually aggressive Augsquez action
    • Cute Krinch coupledom
    • etc. etc.

Just no confirmation, though - all implied!

Alt text

I think it'd be even more cruel (and hilarious) if they just left it incredibly vague and up in the air, but with enough shipping bait to te

• edited April 2015

Yep, this fandom has a lot of ships. xD And they're all awesome.

Also, slightly off-topic, it just recently hit me that Vasquez was going on and on about his obsession with Jack and as a proof saying that Jack punched him in the face every time he saw him. And why ot inly occured to me just now that it's exactly what he does to Rhys every single freaking time he sees him. Come to think of it, that's just adorable. xD And I'm such a slowpoke.

Oh, totally! I hope they have bait for ALL the ships! * Suggestive Rhack moments * Adorable Faughn interactions * Tender Rhoaderbot t

• Sasha isnt in the future because she ran away with Vaughn.

Vasha Confirmed

Yes. Rhysha is all we need. But it be awesome to have determinant. Just don't kill Sasha TellTale, please.

• They won't make it determinant as Rhyiona is clearly the canon choice.

• They really don't need to do that.

• Rhyiona is clearly the canon choice.

Alt text

They won't make it determinant as Rhyiona is clearly the canon choice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.