Telltale REALLY needs to add a romance factor in this game

13»

Comments

• When there are no romances:

Alt text

Rhyiona or riot

• Uhhh, can you please stop now? I've proved multiple times that I don't care, and part of the reason I don't is because you're acting like a complete jerk to me. The #1 rule of this forum is respect, don't give me shit about making 1 ship thread (KEEP IN MIND that is all I did, I didn't expect it to get out of control) if you can't even follow the rules yourself.

• Y'know it's funny to think if Telltale ever did make a dating simulator it would probably be pretty good. But they seem to be doing just fine with the stories we got. I remember that Kotaku did an article about TWAU saying that "you're playing a dating simulator and not realizing it". I think they are wrong on this, but made some valid points about impressing Snow White as Bigby.

• edited April 2015

They can keep their romance to themselves, unless it's Rhysha.

Edit: Fixed to avoid misunderstandings.

• My friend, what is your quarrel with the ship of Rhysha?

They can keep their romance to themselves, unless it's Rhysha. Edit: Fixed to avoid misunderstandings.

• edited April 2015

quarrel? I have no quarrel with the glory that is Rhysha. 'tis a fine ship, I recon. I said I want it in. If it's not Rhysha then Telltale can keep their shipyards closed. I ain't needin' no Rhyiona. Nope.

I see why you would have thought that before, good sir. My awkwardly phrased sentence could be interpreted in both ways. Worry not, I have now fixed it.

My friend, what is your quarrel with the ship of Rhysha?

• Ah comrade, I misunderstood your original post. My friend, let us drink to the success of the glory of Rhysha and let the petty fools of Rhyiona bask in their mistakes.

quarrel? I have no quarrel with the glory that is Rhysha. 'tis a fine ship, I recon. I said I want it in. If it's not Rhysha then Telltale c

• Amen to that, brother. Let us drink. To Rhysha!

Alt text

Ah comrade, I misunderstood your original post. My friend, let us drink to the success of the glory of Rhysha and let the petty fools of Rhyiona bask in their mistakes.

• edited April 2015

god forbid people to have fun here.

Agreed. The forum should return to it's old state where 99% of threads were all just complaining about waiting and how people don't like the episodes. We shouldn't be able to make fun threads without being called annoying 12 year olds either.

DeityD posted: »

Also all the shipping that goes on in this forum is annoying as shit at this point... Right, god forbid people to have fun here.

• edited April 2015

Oh yeah, cause I totally said "nobody in this forum is allowed to have fun".

I don't have a problem with people having their fun with ships and what not. I have a problem with the colossal amount of ship threads go on here. I'd rather have some intellectual conversation about the story or character development then have the exact same fantasy for a ship get spammed over and over. That's not "fun" to me.

Again, zero problems with you folks having fun with your ships. Just please for the love of god learn some moderation.

DeityD posted: »

Also all the shipping that goes on in this forum is annoying as shit at this point... Right, god forbid people to have fun here.

• You have a problem, obviously, because you're bothered by the fact there are special separated threads for that. That's how forums work, everyone can discuss anything they want. Also, you can't discuss only the plot of a 1,5 hour piece for months. You'll just run out of topics. We already kinda ran out of them and it's only been what, 3,5 weeks? You may not like it, but this is what keeps people's interest in the waiting time. As long as no one really hating on each other there's no harm in it.

Oh yeah, cause I totally said "nobody in this forum is allowed to have fun". I don't have a problem with people having their fun with shi

• Alt text

Amen to that, brother. Let us drink. To Rhysha!

• edited April 2015

Oooohh pretty :D

But seriously: Rhyiona is Love, Rhyiona is Life

When there are no romances:

• Judging from all that you've typed, you're the one acting seven years old here, buddo.

• I don't care who Rhys likes depending on my choices. I want Borderlands, and even though Borderlands 2/1.5 mentions many, MANY relationships like those wanted by "shippers," I don't want it. Will I care if it's there? Yes because I would have rather had a funny plot point, or dialogue, or action scene, but hell they're telltale, if they can touch on their intimate relationships while not wasting so much on it I would be fine with it. May make the story even more engaging, how can I know I don't where it's headed.

Have you're opinions of whether or not, but I just don't care. I don't want it, but I don't exactly know what I want so I'd be open if they touched on the topic. Still really wouldn't care who Rhys ends up with, but if it leads to some funny dialogue and scenes I'd be peachy.

• Please don't. I really hope Telltale doesn't give those idiots what they want

• I think one of the best aspects of Telltale's games is that they avoid unnecessary romances unlike other games. Telltale's games are concise and to the point of the plot. They don't need any tacked on romance like in Mass Effect and Dragon Age. If anything I think unnnecessary romances can become burdensome e.g. increasing production time for an epsode just to appease the shipper's demands etc.

The only time I want to see Telltale do romance is when they write a story that actually is a romantic love story. Sorry but Tales from the Borderlands' story has nothing to do with romance so I hope that Telltale doesn't add any either.

• We have actual material from game pointing towards it, you just have a fan made stuff and lots of hopes but little facts

bloop posted: »

What about Rhys and Fiona being Loaderbot's parents, hmmm? So desperate lol. Have to steal others ideas. Us Rhiona's have 50 Shades, memes, videos, and even trailers. What do you have? NOTHING

• The only one that is really alive right now is Rhys X Fiona Confirmed SPOILER the rest is rather minor so it's not like there are that many of them any more, you should join to it's fun

Oh yeah, cause I totally said "nobody in this forum is allowed to have fun". I don't have a problem with people having their fun with shi

• Alt text

Amen to that, brother. Let us drink. To Rhysha!

• Who noticed that in nearly, if not all, TT games this forum seeks romance?

gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

• Isn't it what people do in every game? Literally? xD

Free_Dead posted: »

Who noticed that in nearly, if not all, TT games this forum seeks romance? gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

• I can't help it, I ship Green613 and Stevean2 and I don't care! I ship it! I think that they would make such a good pair. I got a feeling that this would be great fanfic.

Tombstoke posted: »

Judging from all that you've typed, you're the one acting seven years old here, buddo.

• Telltale has been discussing romance in games lately:

• Just an excitable boy.

Jesus please don't, I don't mind shippers that much but seriously, it should not be like Mass Effect where just interacting means romance (G

• Jesus please don't, I don't mind shippers that much but seriously, it should not be like Mass Effect where just interacting means romance (GODDAMMIT LIARA I'M STICKING WITH ASHLEY IVE ONLY TALKED TO YOU ONE DAMN BECAUSE YOU KEEP TRYING TO MIND RAPE ME WITH YOUR EMBRACE ETERNITY BS AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH)

• edited April 2015

Rhyiona and Rysha Confirmed ?

JetLee posted: »

Telltale has been discussing romance in games lately:

• Romance isn't exactly Gearbox's/Borderlands' OR Telltale's forte; I don't expect it and I don't really find it necessary. I came here for memes and guns.

• I agree. Caving into to fanshps( Rhyiona) would not do these characters justice and would also just be cliche.

JetLee posted: »

I think one of the best aspects of Telltale's games is that they avoid unnecessary romances unlike other games. Telltale's games are concise

• I came here to see the shippers fighting with each other.

Alt text

Romance isn't exactly Gearbox's/Borderlands' OR Telltale's forte; I don't expect it and I don't really find it necessary. I came here for memes and guns.

• I'd love it if it were a choice. Then you could have Rhys with Fiona or Sasha, or on his own, depending on your preferences.

Shippers and non-shipppers would mostly be happy! I think...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.