Borderlands Guns in TFTB Masterpost [NEEDS EP 3]

I've noticed that TFTB has really gone a long way to get as many details accurate as possible. After completing Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, I finally got the legendary Conference Call for the first time, but something about it looked familiar. Then I realized that the nomad kidnapper is actually holding the same gun in TFTB. I went through the episodes again and put together a list of all the weapons and their BL counterparts. There's bound to be errors or something missing, so comment if you see something. There were also a few guns that I couldn't recognize for the life of me, but this list is a decent place to start. I'll update as more episodes come out.

Episode 1: Zer0 Sum

• The nomad kidnapper is holding a legendary shotgun, the Conference Call, arguably the best gun in the game. (Also, small error: in BL2, the gun fires 5 bullets for every one shot, while when the kidnapper fires his weapon in TFTB, it seems to fire only one.)
  • Vaughn references buying a Reaver's Edge if he gets a promotion, a Dahl sniper rifle.
  • In the opening sequence, the sniper is holding the legendary Jakobs Skullmasher.
  • Loaderbot uses the legendary Hyperion Quasar grenade mod.
  • The nomad bandit that hides behind the port-a-potty door wields a Mashine Gun.
  • During the fight, a bandit is duel-wielding two Unkempt Harolds.
  • Sasha's gun is a Maliwan SubMalevolent Grace SMG.
  • August's pistol is a Jakobs Widow Maker.
  • In the chariot race, Zer0 appears to use a Hyperion sniper rifle, Jericho.
  • Vaughn uses the Bandit shotgun Oberkil! to shoot the truck-driving bandit.
  • Felix uses an Iron Jakobs pistol, possibly the Unforgiven. (Fitting, huh?)
  • After the race, Rhys picks up a common Tediore shield.

Unconfirmed Guns

• Several guns in the Loaderbot/Bandit fight; I saw some assault rifles and maybe a Vladof rocket launcher.
  • Tector Hodunk's gun; looks like a Dahl pistol?
  • The bandit that talks to Fiona and Vaughn is holding a red assault rifle. (Probably the same gun that a bandit is holding in Rhys' dream plan.)

Episode 2: Atlas Mugged

• Vasquez's 'most advanced gun ever made' resembles Development, a common Hyperion shotgun.
  • Kroger seems to be using a variant of the Hornet, a legendary Dahl pistol.
  • Finch uses the Unkempt Harold, a legendary Torgue pistol.
  • In Old Haven, a bandit is holding a Longarm Jakobs pistol.
  • Another bandit holds a Scarab Jakobs assault rifle.
  • Later, Vasquez is seen with a Hyperion pistol, either a Vision or a Leverage.

Comments

• Cool list! As you said, I think the attention to detail is a nice touch on this series.

• I find it funny that in this entire post the Atlas Silver wasn't mentioned once XD.

I want Kroger's pistol. It was so funny seeing him get hit by Sasha with the pan and just start shooting everywhere.

• As far as I know, there are no unique/legendary Atlas SMGs in BL1; there aren't even any Atlas weapons in BL2 or TPS. When/if Borderlands 3 comes out, I expect a reference to the Atlas Silver!

I find it funny that in this entire post the Atlas Silver wasn't mentioned once XD. I want Kroger's pistol. It was so funny seeing him get hit by Sasha with the pan and just start shooting everywhere.

• Most advanced Hyperion weapon ever designed.

Uses Torgue barrel.

• Awesome post! I caught a few of those, but missed some. It's really cool that you took the time to make such a detailed list. I'll be following this for sure. :)

• If I had to guess, I'd say that Kroger's gun is a Vladof pistol. Fully automatic bullet hose. Like I said though, just a guess.

• Yeah, it looks similiar to the TMP and some variants of the Assassin, but I've yet to find something that really clicks. Kroger's pistol also has these weird orange dots and I can't find any guns with similar markings. The worst part is, I swear I recognize the gun from one of my old BL2 playthroughs, I just can't put my finger on it.

Rock114 posted: »

If I had to guess, I'd say that Kroger's gun is a Vladof pistol. Fully automatic bullet hose. Like I said though, just a guess.

• What if it is actually a Hyperion made barrel but just modeled after the Tourgue barrel because Hyperion doesn't really care about stealing? Would it be a Torgue barrel then?

ActionHank posted: »

Most advanced Hyperion weapon ever designed. Uses Torgue barrel.

• LlyannLlyann Telltale Alumni

I've never made a forum post before, but a coworker pointed me to this thread. I'm a concept artist on TFTB, and it makes me so happy to see that people notice stuff like this - the team works really hard to be faithful to BL with our guns. Thank you for your sharp eyes!

• I should be thanking you for making such a great game! The little things really do make the game, it's like a treasure hunt!

Llyann posted: »

I've never made a forum post before, but a coworker pointed me to this thread. I'm a concept artist on TFTB, and it makes me so happy to see

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited April 2015

kroger pistol seems to be some modified dahl pistol
    it seems to have similar barrel to the legendary hornet http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Hornet_(Borderlands_2) with a common repeater pistol skin http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Repeater_(Borderlands_2) and a bandit mag

• I want the Bane to show up at some point.

• Alt text

I want the Bane to show up at some point.

• You outta go to @puzzlebox and get your TellTale staff thing.

Llyann posted: »

I've never made a forum post before, but a coworker pointed me to this thread. I'm a concept artist on TFTB, and it makes me so happy to see

• It even has those weird dots on it! I'll add Hornet to the list. It makes me think how Finch and Kroger both got their hands on legendary weapons.

clap-tp posted: »

kroger pistol seems to be some modified dahl pistol it seems to have similar barrel to the legendary hornet http://borderlands.wikia.com/wi

• BUMP! It might be a day or two before I can comb through a playthrough and find all the guns from Episode 3, but if anyone spotted any, post a comment. I definitely saw a fair share of legendaries.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.