Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited April 2015

Well I'm in to gothic/punk girls so I find the tattoos and blue hair hella hot :3

Mat_Den96 posted: »

You know, if Chloe didn't get that tat and dye her hair blue, I could, COULD like her. But what the hell, she's hella awesome with it.

• Despite what some might say, I think Chloe is a good character with flaws and positives. Her flaws are very understandable. Her best friend moved away and just when she moved away, she lost her beloved father. No one is going to come out of that without experiencing some heavy changes. She then meet Rachel who become her new best friend and one she is very close with. And then she disappear too. She has some serious issue with abandonment. It is kinda understandable she would be jealous when/if Max took the phone call from Kate. She is desperately craving love and attention.

Also despite her flaws, you can see behind her flaws, she is still the same happy girl that Max remembers before she moved away. Evident by her rather positive and funny attitude when she and Max have breakfast, her panda keychain and this rather happy look. (Pic from MichaelBP)

Alt text

I also find myself relating to Chloe. In my childhood and still now at times, everyone I consider my best friend suddenly moved away one day. I understand abandonment really well. I can also at times feel jealous when someone have my friends attention.

• Is episode 2 worth a buy or is it the same stuff from the first episode. I'm wondering because I haven't finished EP1 due to being bored by the lack of anything going on. Is Episode 2 a bit more eventful or is it just more of the blandness again

• Hey, take it from me. It is very much worth to buy. Oh, and you'll need some tissues to go along with it.

Talimancer posted: »

Is episode 2 worth a buy or is it the same stuff from the first episode. I'm wondering because I haven't finished EP1 due to being bored by the lack of anything going on. Is Episode 2 a bit more eventful or is it just more of the blandness again

• You'll need some tissues to go along with it.

He'll take that the wrong way.

Hey, take it from me. It is very much worth to buy. Oh, and you'll need some tissues to go along with it.

• edited April 2015

Real talk (look at me using outdated slang, I'd fit right in at Arcadia Bay).

It's an improvement from the sub-par first episode for sure. Not to say it doesn't have it's issues (there's a segment where you're tasked to walk around slowly looking for five fucking beer bottles that are all elaborately hidden and it's pretty egregious). But, it does show signs of improvement for sure. The characters feel a bit more interesting and show congenial traits that help you relate to them somewhat.

Warning, however. Jesus on a cross the dialogue is still wavering to be "hella, cool beans, sad face" 2003 Myspace slang for regressive middle schoolers and at time really squander the experience. But it has great sections (example would be the climax of the episode) that feel very emotionally competent and impactful that the first episode didn't have.

I just hope they continue to try to improve the episodes, because although still a shaky experience, I guess I enjoyed it.

Is episode 2 worth a buy or is it the same stuff from the first episode. I'm wondering because I haven't finished EP1 due to being bored by the lack of anything going on. Is Episode 2 a bit more eventful or is it just more of the blandness again

• Well said, Dave.

Despite what some might say, I think Chloe is a good character with flaws and positives. Her flaws are very understandable. Her best friend

• I hope he doesnt turn out to be a bad guy, I really like Mr Jefferson ;-;

Gary-Oak posted: »

Another theory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnKbkI8RVvU

• It's possible the whole "nice teacher" thing is a facade.

Poogers555 posted: »

I hope he doesnt turn out to be a bad guy, I really like Mr Jefferson ;-;

• I got Donnie Darko vibe from it as well.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out; I have this theory, that Life is Strange is strangely tied to Donnie Darko in some way. Now

• Episode 1 made this series a meh in my book. Episode 2 made this one of my favorite games of the year so far.

I'll let that speak for itself :P

• edited April 2015

hell ya episode 2 is worth to buy./

it gives off TWDG Season 1 vibes, due to it's length and puzzles and stuff.

EDIT: Plus, this game knows how to question your choices.

• quick render of chloe.

Alt text

• Too soon man.

Rule 34?

• Thank god that they didn't put in random action sequences...

MichaelBP posted: »

Here's an article from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-18-publishers-wanted-life-is-stranges-main-character-to-be-a-guy

• Alt text

(image is by yours truly :D )

Alt text

• ...clever?

ClemRanger posted: »

This is my new favorite dialogue from Life Is Strange:

• Fuck no she is not.

So.......... ...... ...... ...... ....... Chloe........is.......hotttttttt.

• Even if it isn't those exact dates, I'm almost positive it will be around them.

(image is by yours truly )

• I sayed the face more bigger.Damn so hard to look on otwdf. xDD

(image is by yours truly )

• In the leaked Episode 2, when you talk with Mr. Jefferson about Mr. Madsen -- the camera will switch to Mr. Madsen frowning when you're talking about him.

This is taken out in the final.

• Just how much was changed in total, Meg?

Just minor graphical things? Or were separate areas, conversations etc added

In the leaked Episode 2, when you talk with Mr. Jefferson about Mr. Madsen -- the camera will switch to Mr. Madsen frowning when you're talking about him. This is taken out in the final.

• A few lines were taken out.

But overall, it's the same.

Flog61 posted: »

Just how much was changed in total, Meg? Just minor graphical things? Or were separate areas, conversations etc added

• a lotta from my opinion,they added ike 2-3 new choice that weren't in the leak,and kate hospital thingy was diferent too and ending.

Flog61 posted: »

Just how much was changed in total, Meg? Just minor graphical things? Or were separate areas, conversations etc added

• What's the removed 2-3 choices? Does it seems important to the future plot or not?

a lotta from my opinion,they added ike 2-3 new choice that weren't in the leak,and kate hospital thingy was diferent too and ending.

• So, I've decided after two episodes that I don't particularly like Chloe. But I can forgive that, if her flaws are actually played straight and acknowledged before the end.

If not, her and Max's relationship just feels self-destructive. Freaking out over Max answering her phone, treating guns like toys, perpetuating drug deals, etc. They're all fine and potentially redeemable character traits, but only if they aren't immediately glossed over.

• Hear, hear. I feel exactly the same, because of those reasons. Chloe really doesn't sit well with me right now and it's hurting me liking this game, but if she can calm down and apologize or just act a little bit reckless in the future episodes, then it will be water under the bridge. I really do want to like her, but it's just too hard with the way she acts. Maybe I'm just too damn old to understand.

Mikejames posted: »

So, I've decided after two episodes that I don't particularly like Chloe. But I can forgive that, if her flaws are actually played straight

• edited April 2015

but only if they aren't immediately glossed over.

So far its not looking good.

{chole shoots self}

Max: "Ugh stupid gun hold on chole"

{Rewinds and doesnt say a word to chloe about it}

...Right its the guns fault max not the poser wielding it

So, I've decided after two episodes that I don't particularly like Chloe. But I can forgive that, if her flaws are actually played straight

• Well, if you don't say anything for a long time, the game defaults to Chloe shooting the bumper, so....

I think Max is also responsible for that since she directed Chloe to shoot that object in the first place. :P

• I think Max is also responsible for that since she directed Chloe to shoot that object in the first place. :P

but only if they aren't immediately glossed over. So far its not looking good. {chole shoots self} Max: "Ugh stupid gun hold o

• edited April 2015

[removed]

• Yeeaah, I was pretty miffed that there wasn't an option to Not go along with intentionally trying to ricochet bullets off metal... But on top of that, Max watches Chloe potentially shoot herself and doesn't immediately call for an end to the gun play? They're both twits in that scenario.

but only if they aren't immediately glossed over. So far its not looking good. {chole shoots self} Max: "Ugh stupid gun hold o

• In a second when it shows the computer screen, you can see a small counter/table with a fully-stocked shelf with those red books.

And fuq, to whom could that room belong to?

• Oh. Well I was being the demanding one during the practice part so she doesn't mess up. Luckily I made no mistakes on my first try.

Well, if you don't say anything for a long time, the game defaults to Chloe shooting the bumper, so....

• I'm hoping that in the next episode, Chloe will push Max's friendship to the limits where Max (and the player) gets the opportunity to call her out on how unfair Chloe is being, giving her a wake up call and improve their relationship in the future.

I'm not really sold on Max and Chloe's relationship either, it's too one-sided and enabling Chloe's childish behaviour. Hopefully it's all deliberate writing choices and will be explored later on.

• I'm starting to think our final antagonist is some doctor. Or at least a doctor that has connections.

In a second when it shows the computer screen, you can see a small counter/table with a fully-stocked shelf with those red books. And fuq, to whom could that room belong to?

• I'm sorta pissed with people choosing the "Proverbs" verse.

I mean, about 95% of people that I have watched had failed to let Kate come down.

The most common reason was "Proverbs is saying about justice -- bla bla bla", and even though they are FULLY AWARE that Kate crossed it out of her bookmarks.

Like, people! Kate crossed out the passage for a reason.

(I saved Kate on my first try, I chose the Matthew option -- and I didn't even check her bible.)

• Funny thing is: I don't have this game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.