Wii guy huh?

edited February 2007 in General Chat
http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs#wiiguy

If I could somehow replace my Sam n max PC license to the coming Wii one :)
Great to see youre allready starting something!

edit - didnt see this thread
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    We haven't made any announcements about why we're hiring a Wii developer, and we really really haven't said that we're working on a Sam & Max game for the Wii.

If we do such a thing, you guys will be the first to hear about it, surrounded by 800 gigantic trumpets and probably some cherubs or something, but as of right now, you're talking crazy talk if you're saying things about "replacing your license with the coming Wii one."

As cool as that is to think about, don't get too far ahead of real life :)
  • edited January 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    We haven't made any announcements about why we're hiring a Wii developer, and we really really haven't said that we're working on a Sam & Max game for the Wii.

If we do such a thing, you guys will be the first to hear about it, surrounded by 800 gigantic trumpets and probably some cherubs or something, but as of right now, you're talking crazy talk if you're saying things about "replacing your license with the coming Wii one."

As cool as that is to think about, don't get too far ahead of real life :)

Well, it's obvious that you're doing something for the Wii. Can you at least confirm whether or not you've finalized your plans as to what exactly you're doing for the Wii, or if it's still up in the air?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    We really can't talk about it right now. When there's something to announce, we'll announce it.

Small companies generally don't hire people without a good reason, though. ;)
  • edited January 2007
    I got it. You're hiring a Wii programmer so you can make sure you don't ACCIDENTLY program a game that's playable on the Wii, thus reassuring your faithful PC adventure gamers that they won't be abandoned. Somehow or other. That's pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

Of course, I have a Wii now, too, so I guess it doesn't matter for me. But if the games are the same, I'll be sticking with the PC version, I think. Personally, pointing with a Wii remote isn't as comfortable and accurate for me as with a mouse. You offer up an entirely new game with a new story exclusive to the Wii, then I'll snatch it up.
  • edited January 2007
    I think the Telltale people are creative enough to come up with something original for the Wii, instead of just porting over their PC games. But we'll see. I'll be eagerly looking forward to anything Telltale might put out on the Wii. :)
  • edited January 2007
    Telltale is hiring! Yes, it's hiring time, and we have four positions available. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer, a Character Rigger/Animator, a QA/Game Tester, and (gasp!) a Wii Systems Programmer. If any of those sound like you, please drop us an email, or check out our jobs page for more information.

Pwetty, pwetty please.....
  • edited January 2007
    Oohhh. Be cool to be a Game tester.
  • edited January 2007
    Would it ever :)
  • edited January 2007
    doom saber wrote: »

Play a videogame until every ounce of fun has been sucked from the game, and every last bit of your soul has been shaken from your body? No thanks.

Err, which is to say, go for it. >_>
  • edited January 2007
    abdallah wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs#wiiguy

If I could somehow replace my Sam n max PC license to the coming Wii one :)
    Great to see youre allready starting something!

edit - didnt see this thread
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970

I don't know for sure, but I would suspect it would involve giving TellTale your credit card number?
  • edited January 2007
    doom saber wrote: »

While we're on the subject: Is TMAP a known and used testing method in the USA? The company made me take a course a few days ago. (Even though I'm not a tester) It's not my cup of tea, I tell you. I'd rather continue developing business applications :)

--Erwin
    edited January 2007
    Is TMAP a known and used testing method in the USA?

What's TMAP?
  • edited January 2007
    That should answer my question :P

--Erwin
    edited January 2007
    Well, I'm not a tester. ;) But I've still never heard of it.

I guess you're talking about this? Looks boring...
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    I worked in QA two years ago, and I haven't heard of TMAP either.
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, well, I failed the exam and told my manager I'm not going to take it again. Normally we discuss what certificates I'm going to do, which he didn't this time. I never had the desire to test applications, and after this course I'm even more certain about it.

(Emily: That's the one, yes. And it IS boring.)

--Erwin
  • edited February 2007
    Looks like my paranoid ramblings reached eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72382

My fifteen minutes of fame has finally arrived. They never mentioned my name, but I can almost sense Paris Hilton trying to track me down.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.