Fickle Fans

This is not specifically for Tales from the Borderlands but just something that has been bugging since the Pre-Sequel. How the fans really turned on several popular characters (you all know who) because of the framing and point of view of the Pre-Sequel. So it got me thinking:

What would it take, without being OOC, for you to change your opinion of both your most beloved and hated characters?

Comments

• pre sequel didnt change my opinion on jack, or the vault hunters. i never consider someone to be a good guy just jack being a lunatic who wants to kill everyone and everything on pandora and make it a gaint city where everyone worshiping him. and the vault hunters (the ones you play) seek revenge/challenge other then save their own life

• Hmm, to change my opinion of my favourite characters really dramatically, I think they'd have to become a complete dick, or cross the 'Moral Event Horizon' somehow. I know my opinion of Bonnie in TWD completely changed after she turned into an arsehole. I doubt that would happen with Rhys or Fiona, since they're player-controlled. But say if they found a vault key and Sasha stole it, leaving her sister for dead at the same time... I don't think I'd forgive her for that.

As for someone I dislike, it would depend on why I dislike them. Assquez would need a personality transplant! :D

• While we are playing through the eyes of Rhys and Fiona, and can affect the outcome through our actions, you have to remember that they're both unreliable narrators. Something significant must've happened to make them hate each other in the present timeline.

That being said, we can probably (I hope) control what that particular incident is, and it likely won't change my judgement of either character that much, if at all. We'll see.

HeartOfGold posted: »

Hmm, to change my opinion of my favourite characters really dramatically, I think they'd have to become a complete dick, or cross the 'Moral

• I don't think this has changed my views on any characters at all. I always thought Shade was extremely creepy, but in a charming way. TFTB made him a bit more annoying and in your face (literally), but I was friendly with the guy no matter what. I knew Jack was dick, but he earned it so there I give him some respect. Scooter was always cool in my book as well and treated him kindly. Come to think of it I like pretty much all the characters in Borderlands and if Telltale does something to ruin the personalities that I've come to know then I would start hating, but so far they've been doing a pretty good job.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.