Request to Telltale: Please remove the "4-6 weeks" line from your FAQs

1235»

Comments

• Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude?

And no, I refer to the OFFICIAL FAQ which is prepared by Telltale staff members.

It's not just this thread, it's just that practically everywhere on these forums I see Telltale being judged for something they shouldn't ju

• This is the FAQ that TT runs.

http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/faq

It says 4-6 weeks there also.

It's not just this thread, it's just that practically everywhere on these forums I see Telltale being judged for something they shouldn't ju

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2015

Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude?

So then judging them on the wait times more than the actual content is the better choice than? Because that's the vibe you've been giving me.

himmatsj posted: »

Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude? And no, I refer to the OFFICIAL FAQ which is prepared by Telltale staff members.

• No, they shouldn't. Other than the long wait between Wolf Among Us Ep1 and Ep2 as well as Tales Ep1 and 2, the wait times have been pretty consistent for all their games, 2 - 2.5 months.

And what difference does it make if its an official FAQ? It honestly doesn't matter, FAQs aren't always reliable on most sites.

Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude? And no, I refer to the OFFICIAL FAQ which is prepared by Telltale staff members.

• Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude?

oh no the actual quality of the content does not matter only how long it takes to release!... seriously get over yourself nothing is gonna change

• Guess that explains my post dissapearing.

Fair enough.

Just as himmatsj feels it is that time of the month again to bring up his "4-6 weeks" argument, I feel like it's also my time of the month a

• edited May 2015

honestly you should just close this thread especially if he is just gonna keep bumping it up as soon as he feels the need to come back to complain.... it has already run it's course

Just as himmatsj feels it is that time of the month again to bring up his "4-6 weeks" argument, I feel like it's also my time of the month a

• Well, they wait till the episode is released then work on the next. That way, they can take community input and see what to improve or what to add to their new episode. EP2 took so long (too long), they were saying they wanted it to be PERFECT. Was it? Yeah, pretty much. The episode was a blast! Having a predetermined story is cool but having it evolve with the fans is much better. Maybe they'll hint on the status of the ships here on the forums. If they do, every shipper would love it that THEY helped put that in the episode. With their support, the devs noticed it and put it in. So, knowing exactly how long to wait is good, but what if something goes wrong before they release it or they need to edit something. It's better the way it is. Even though the wait is unbearable.

Revec posted: »

So you think a roughly 2 hour product where most of the character models, animation are done and coding not having to deal with Navmesh, col

• Now THAT is just making it sound like they're keeping it hostage. lol

Poogers555 posted: »

They should change it to "Whenever we fucking feel like it."

• Your argument is only valid if we were talking about the game as a whole. We are only talking about release date.

Jewfreeus posted: »

Telltale shouldn't be judged on the wait times? Are you kidding me dude? oh no the actual quality of the content does not matter only how long it takes to release!... seriously get over yourself nothing is gonna change

• no it is valid when we are talking about judging telltale as a whole

Your argument is only valid if we were talking about the game as a whole. We are only talking about release date.

• edited May 2015

Wow, lol, so many people up in arms. So, forgive me if I am wrong, but whenever discussions like these come up, some people are just really jonesing for new episodes and other people are just trying to defend Telltale. I personally believe that jonesing for new episodes is perfectly acceptable and can be made more bearable by sharing your pain with others who are feeling the same way, and I think that there's really no need to defend Telltale from "impatient" comments that do not directly attack Telltale. If I was Telltale, I'd honestly take it as a massive compliment that so many people are jonesing for my product, because that must mean it's pretty good. And I know impatient comments might put undue pressure on Telltale, but impatient comments could also serve to motivate Telltale to get the games out as quickly as possible. And that would be my advice to Telltale: take the monumental impatience of your audience as a compliment and let it motivate you to keep creating content and getting it out there as quickly as possible, but don't let it stress you out. And so, yes, it's true that people will complain about the wait no matter how long it is, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Like I said, it might motivate Telltale. So let the impatient people like myself complain (as long as we're not being mean) and we'll let Telltale take as long as they need (obviously, 'cause what choice do we have?). And hopefully, our complaining will lessen our discomfort and motivate Telltale to keep up the good work...and faster.

And I do agree they should delete the "4-6 weeks" comment (change it to something like "a minimum of 5 weeks") because it IS misleading to new costumers. It was misleading to me when I first discovered Telltale games. And perhaps even more importantly, the fact that Telltale leaves the "4-6 weeks" tidbit up after all this time is like rubbing salt in the wounds of us impatient people who have already discovered that Telltale never takes only 4 weeks. I mean, here's my thought process after every new episode comes out and I start jonesing for the next one: "Maybe this will be the time that Telltale gets a new episode out in 4-6 weeks. I know they didn't last time, but they still say 4-6 weeks on their website, so maybe they finally will this time. This time. This time. This time."

Alt text

LOL

• But we aren't. we are judging them on the wait times. We are just saying that its their responsibility to keep the FAQ updated with factual information.

no it is valid when we are talking about judging telltale as a whole

• And no, I refer to the OFFICIAL FAQ which is prepared by Telltale staff members.

The estimate is based off of their pre-choice driven titles which did abide by that release schedule. Yes, it's something they should change and is at this point probably more of an ideal schedule that they aim to recreate for their newer games. However, claiming to "be patient" while simultaneously waiting with overzealous anticipation to post your latest rant against Telltale right on the spot when they miss the "6 week" point for their newest episode release isn't really going to help anyone.

• Which is why you or another mod should lock this thread. He bumped it because he got impatient and this guy brings nothing but trouble to these forums with his constant complaining. You've locked threads that were bumped before.

And no, I refer to the OFFICIAL FAQ which is prepared by Telltale staff members. The estimate is based off of their pre-choice drive

• Alt text

TWDGFTW posted: »

Wow, lol, so many people up in arms. So, forgive me if I am wrong, but whenever discussions like these come up, some people are just really

• no you are he isn't he judges telltale based on the wait times alone if you knew his past posts both on here and steam you wouldn't be sticking up for him

But we aren't. we are judging them on the wait times. We are just saying that its their responsibility to keep the FAQ updated with factual information.

• A mod seriously needs to lock this thread already. Anybody that knows himmatsj and has seen what he posted on the Steam forums knows that he did not bump this thread to have civil conversations. He bumped it knowing there would be arguments, which is what he loves to cause and partake in and then play victim.

• can i have a link to the steam? Just for research purposes of course.

no you are he isn't he judges telltale based on the wait times alone if you knew his past posts both on here and steam you wouldn't be sticking up for him

• [Gosh darnit. I'm trying to insert a gif here. Can anyone tell me how to do that?]

On the internet, copy the URL of a link to an image. Then, here on the forums when you are making a new post, click on the "Image" Icon and paste the URL of the image that you copied from another website.

Wow, lol, so many people up in arms. So, forgive me if I am wrong, but whenever discussions like these come up, some people are just really

• edited May 2015

if you knew his past posts both on here and steam you wouldn't be sticking up for him

Listen to this guy. What he speaks is the truth. himmatsj has been banned on every single Steam forum for TellTale's games. He's a troll that loves starting arguments.

no you are he isn't he judges telltale based on the wait times alone if you knew his past posts both on here and steam you wouldn't be sticking up for him

• edited May 2015

They're not available anymore because he got perma-banned on there. How convenient for him, right?

Is it possible to get me a link the the steam post?

• Is it possible to get me a link the the steam post?

A mod seriously needs to lock this thread already. Anybody that knows himmatsj and has seen what he posted on the Steam forums knows that he

• this right here the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem (the thread) which at this point has run it's course and serves no purpose at this point they should know that his posts cause this stuff

A mod seriously needs to lock this thread already. Anybody that knows himmatsj and has seen what he posted on the Steam forums knows that he

• the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem

I've been seeing more and more of this lately.

this right here the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem (the thread) which at this point has run it's course and serves no purpose at this point they should know that his posts cause this stuff

• i would love to but im not at a computer atm so that is a problem but if you really need to see it go onto one of the community hubs for twd,twau,borderlands or got and just search his name most of it should come up

can i have a link to the steam? Just for research purposes of course.

• They're not available anymore because he got perma-banned on there. How convenient for him, right?

• Thanks, but it's still not showing up.

[Gosh darnit. I'm trying to insert a gif here. Can anyone tell me how to do that?] On the internet, copy the URL of a link to an ima

• I went to the link; I think the problem is you are using a shortened YouTube video and not an image. Try using the "Link" tool (the Globe icon) and copy/paste it there instead of using the image tool.

Thanks, but it's still not showing up.

• the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem

Only if such comments are detrimental to civil discussion and/or if they break the forum guidelines. We obviously don't enjoy threads like these and what they entail, but we also try not scrutinize against criticism of Telltale unless it breaks the forum guidelines itself. I agree this thread isn't really helping matters, but I don't think it's to the point of needing to be locked - not yet anyways.

I agree that he is a bit overzealous in his scrutiny of Telltale at times, but as I was saying in my previous post, it's better to ignore posts that you don't like and to not give people an audience or a motivation to keep the discussion going.

this right here the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem (the thread) which at this point has run it's course and serves no purpose at this point they should know that his posts cause this stuff

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Searching for himmatsj in TFTB:

Himmatsj results (TFTB)

Searching for himmatsj in TWAU:

Himmatsj results (TWAU)

Searching for himmatsj in GOT:

Himmatsj results (GOT)

Searching for himmatsj in TWD S2:

Himmatsj results (TWD S2)

can i have a link to the steam? Just for research purposes of course.

• Hmm. It's just showing the link now. Well, close enough I guess. Thanks for your help. =)

I went to the link; I think the problem is you are using a shortened YouTube video and not an image. Try using the "Link" tool (the Globe icon) and copy/paste it there instead of using the image tool.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

There's your problem, you have to get the gif by itself, right click on in it in your link and click on "Gif Link", then copy paste it on the landscape.

Alt text

Hmm. It's just showing the link now. Well, close enough I guess. Thanks for your help.

• Is it possible to get me a link the the steam post?

• edited May 2015

fair enough i understand you are just doing what you have to and i know that it was not you who flagged my comment but seriously i can't see how it was offensive when all i did was point out how he came back just to complain instead of actually contributing to the forum i just don't understand especially when others have done the exact same thing

imho if we are all gonna just keep doing this back and forth stuff then this thread should just be locked

the mods flag our stuff instead of getting rid of the source of the problem Only if such comments are detrimental to civil discussio

• Who even reads it?

This is the FAQ that TT runs. http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/faq It says 4-6 weeks there also.

• Oh, awesome, thanks!

dojo32161 posted: »

There's your problem, you have to get the gif by itself, right click on in it in your link and click on "Gif Link", then copy paste it on the landscape.

• Dude, I love you so much.

dojo32161 posted: »

Searching for himmatsj in TFTB: Himmatsj results (TFTB) Searching for himmatsj in TWAU: Himmatsj results (TWAU) Searching for himmatsj in GOT: Himmatsj results (GOT) Searching for himmatsj in TWD S2: Himmatsj results (TWD S2)

This discussion has been closed.