Was Mad Max Fury Road inspired by this game? Lol

I was watching the new Mad Max movie trailer and noticed it had similar scenes and enemies as Borderlands.

1. The grey guys remind me of the psychos in this game

2. Watch carefully and compare the death race scene in Tales from the borderlands with the death race in Mad Max. It has very similar scenes lol.

I don't know. Just thought it was pretty cool finds.

1. The vehicles are similar too XD

Click here

Click here

Comments

• I'm not sure, but I think it's the other way around, where Borderlands was inspired by the Mad Max films. Hence Mad Moxxi and her "Underdome" compared to Mad Max's "Thunderdome"

• What's your opinions on this?

• Sweet I didn't know that but now I do. That's a great find

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm not sure, but I think it's the other way around, where Borderlands was inspired by the Mad Max films. Hence Mad Moxxi and her "Underdome" compared to Mad Max's "Thunderdome"

• Well, I know for certain that I won't be watching Mad Max. It looks rather gritty and almost too dark. It is like Borderlands without the humor and all the scary parts and nightmare fuels maximized.

What's your opinions on this?

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Yep, Mad Max is a huge influence on the Borderlands series. It's actually interesting to think of the idea that George Miller (director of the original film and Fury Road) could possibly be influenced by certain things that were directly influenced by his works.

It's not likely but certainly possible!

• Mad Max has been around way longer than Borderlands.

• mad max has been around since the 70s

borderlands has been around since 2009

k then

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2015

Mad Max inspired Borderlands:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf-HCCZYOg

Damnit, why do mobile devices not put the thumbnail of the video? Could someone get that thumbnail in? I can't currently.

• edited May 2015

For YouTube videos, just write tap on the button that turns normal text into a link, or the Earth icon, like this:

This is a video

EDIT: Fuck

It doesn't work anymore

Mad Max inspired Borderlands: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf-HCCZYOg Damnit, why do mobile devices not put the thumbnail of the video? Could someone get that thumbnail in? I can't currently.

• I did that, just for my phone it doesn't post the watchable thumbnail.

For YouTube videos, just write tap on the button that turns normal text into a link, or the Earth icon, like this: This is a video EDIT: Fuck It doesn't work anymore

• If I had to guess, it's the mobile part of the link, or the M at the front that's messing it up.

I did that, just for my phone it doesn't post the watchable thumbnail.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You need to delete the "m." from the mobile youtube link for it to work, i fixed it for you :)

Mad Max inspired Borderlands: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf-HCCZYOg Damnit, why do mobile devices not put the thumbnail of the video? Could someone get that thumbnail in? I can't currently.

• And magically my thing fixed itself.

Coincidence? I think not.

If I had to guess, it's the mobile part of the link, or the M at the front that's messing it up.

• Everyday is a school day huh?

Gracias.

OzzyUK posted: »

You need to delete the "m." from the mobile youtube link for it to work, i fixed it for you

• You're joking right, Mad Max franchise is decades older than Borderlands. Yes I think Borderlands is the better franchise but it was clear from the first game that where they were inspired by the whole dystopian, arid wasteland world from.

• Borderlands is a Mad Max rip-off.

This tends to happen when young people are introduced to works that are inspired by older works. Reminds me of when people thought the Tripods from Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds were inspired by Half-Life 2's Striders, rather than the Striders being inspired by the HG Wells novel.

• Tripods from Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds were inspired by Half-Life 2's Striders,

I think I just lost a couple of brain cells.

Bokor posted: »

Borderlands is a Mad Max rip-off. This tends to happen when young people are introduced to works that are inspired by older works. Remin

• Don't blame me, blame illiteracy.

Tripods from Stephen Spielberg's War of the Worlds were inspired by Half-Life 2's Striders, I think I just lost a couple of brain cells.

• edited May 2015

I thought so but watched it regardless and... IT WAS F***ING AWESOME. Sure it's different but it's not too dark (as I also was afraid I won't like it because of that). It's "just" dark I suppose. But the movie is more like that part from ep1 - that chariot race thing where everyone dies, just longer and a bit bloodier. It's worth watching imo, especially in waiting for ep3. It also makes me want to play BL2 again. In short, good stuff.

Well, I know for certain that I won't be watching Mad Max. It looks rather gritty and almost too dark. It is like Borderlands without the humor and all the scary parts and nightmare fuels maximized.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

There's a difference between homage and plagiarism, though. Borderlands is heavily influenced by Mad Max, but does it's own thing with the core concepts, and created its own identity.

Bokor posted: »

Borderlands is a Mad Max rip-off. This tends to happen when young people are introduced to works that are inspired by older works. Remin

• edited September 2015

I'm not sure, but I think it's the other way around, where Borderlands was inspired by the Mad Max films. Hence Mad Moxxi and her "Underdome" compared to Mad Max's "Thunderdome"

True, Borderlands was inspired or Mad Max could be one of inspirations, but,

Borderlands - 2009

Mad Max Fury Road - 2015

Nuff said.

LoseMyHome posted: »

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2015

Borderlands - 2009 Mad Max Fury Road - 2015

Nuff said

The original Mad Max came out in 1979.

Jeftire posted: »

I'm not sure, but I think it's the other way around, where Borderlands was inspired by the Mad Max films. Hence Mad Moxxi and her "Underdome

• This needed to be revived.

Jeftire posted: »

I'm not sure, but I think it's the other way around, where Borderlands was inspired by the Mad Max films. Hence Mad Moxxi and her "Underdome

• Why did this thread come up again?

• @Jeftire bumped it.

ZapThroat posted: »

Why did this thread come up again?

• enter image description here

dojo32161 posted: »

Borderlands - 2009 Mad Max Fury Road - 2015 Nuff said The original Mad Max came out in 1979.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.