Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• You plant killer >:(

No!!!! Damnit I drowned the plant. I'm sorry Lisa

• The poll we all need in our lives.

http://strawpoll.me/4397014

• edited May 2015

NO FUCKING WAY! That did not just fucking happen! No no no no NO! What the fuck happened to Chloe! What the fuck happened to Max! What the fuck happened in general! It was a pretty decent episode overall, but that cliffhanger! Are you kidding me!!! I am definitely replaying that last scene and letting William get into that crash to see what happens. A little too slow of an episode for me but that ending was great.

Edit There's no way you can let william die...That kinda sucks

• My review for Episode 3 "Chaos Theory"

Chaos Theory brought a very different approach then the two previous episodes, for one it was a night time and with Max using her phone as the source of light was awesome.. it gave me that sort of eerie DreadOut feel. I found Episode 3 an episode thats more about setting up, setting up for the future episodes. Compared to Episode 2 I found the ending more weak, which makes sense since an ending like Episode 2's wouldnt have worked with the plot. I also found the music weak this time around especially compared to Episode 1 the music was fine just seemed more mediocre then the previous episodes. I also found some of puzzles hard to figure out because the instructions weren't explained as well as they could have been (ex. photo focusing)

But when it comes to pros Chaos Theory had a longer length, it felt a lot longer then Episode 2 and I really enjoyed that factor. Plus a lot more happened, it felt like we saw more characters and went to more places. I personally thought the kissing scene was awesome, it was appropriate and in a good spot.. if it were in the pool that would've been too obvious in my opinion. I also enjoyed the interactions with characters and the large amount of puzzles that easy triumphs an average Telltale episode. I thought this episode's character development was amazing, especially when it came to Chloe and her breakdown. The whole breakdown really showed Chloe's wall that's she's built up finally break and she says how she truly feeling, how Max reacts to this is up to you. The scene with Frank was also a positive because you can do the meanest crap to him and then just rewind.. spilling juice on him is something dreams are made of. The tense feeling throughout the episode especially at the beginning was something that was well pulled off, it made the player scared especially in shower room.. god I nearly peed myself playing that. Theres also these choices like stealing things that put the player in a tough decision.. you know that you need that stuff to have an easier life for you and the characters around you but at the same time you feel so guilty about doing it. Another thing I must point out is how realistic Kate's aftermath was, The Walking Dead made the mistake of the characters almost instantly moving on when someone dies.. in the entire episode wether Kate died or not Max does feel guilty and think about her plenty. It gave the characters that general realistic feeling, I also found that if Kate died it shook everyone around Max.. even her bullies.

Summary

Chaos Theory is a well pulled off solid episode that ranks in the middle for me between No Time Left which I praise, and Chrysalis which I found mediocre and a big set up episode.

Cons

• Confusing instructions

• Weaker Music

• Less climatic ending

Positive

• Tense moments

• Character development

• Guilty decisions

• Max wearing different clothes

• Kate after math

• Evil choices

• Character interactions

• Kissing scene

• Felt longer

Total rating for me 8.7/10

• edited May 2015

That ending was superb. I love me a good cliffhanger unlike the last 2 episodes that had blatantly obvious endings.

• Wait, you can actually NOT save william?

That ending was superb. I love me a good cliffhanger unlike the last 2 episodes that had blatantly obvious endings.

• edited May 2015

I wanted to see what happened if the time ran out and it looked like the scene was about to end and I couldn't rewind so I had a panic attack and restarted the checkpoint.

Edit - Just replayed the scene to see if it was possible to not save William. He can't die. I'm sad now.

Wait, you can actually NOT save william?

• Still too slow for my taste but that ending was superb. 8.5/10

Poogers555 posted: »

So, what did you all think? I thought that was great, like 10/10 quality

• edited May 2015

Here I am to write up my own review for episode 3 just to get all this leftover hype pff my chest.

To start it off, I feel like this is the "slow part" persay in this 5 part game. Everything we uncover is (what I feel) a build-up to the events that will occur in Episode 4.

1: Ways of a Ninja

• Sneaking up into Blackwell was… a little predictable since we obviously saw the duo breaking in on the teaser. Getting inside the principal's office was a little unclear of what to do once the alarm was set off—that is if you think alot faster than you do in adrenaline-rushed situations.

2: Daredevil Duo

• Max seems to have a little change in character, being more tough and brave than being quiet and shy. During the pool scene, they talked about what they're gonna do to find Rachel and did their usual playing around thing with the splashing of water.

3: Walls from Within

• So we go to the Two Whales Diner to get Frank's car keys; once we get there, we get to speak simultaneously with the police officer, Nathan and Frank himself. Though my friend and I are confused, we both did learn alot more between the drugs situation involving Nathan. Do you know how hard it is to alternately speak to three different people over and over just to get info.? Getting the keys was okay, though I had to tolerate Nathan's rude ass just to passively make Frank give his keys. His dog seemed to be hostile though, but on my way to his RV, i saw a truck running past with great speed so I knew that we could throw it to the road for his dog to die somehow. Searching through, and finding out that Rachel and Frank had a relationship was mind blowing—just half, really. Then we see Chloe breaking down after putting in on weight of things she couldn't handle.

4: Photo of Manipulation

• I felt kinda nostalgic when Max was holding the picture that Joyce gave her, since I have alot of friends who I miss that are gone or very far away. But then the picture twitched and then we hear laughing—to the point of being surprised. At first I thought we could re-live memories from the past without really having the ability to manipulate that certain past—but then I found out we can actually rewind back to that time to change the past, and that sure did have me shocked to the highest level.

6: Alternative Reality

• After William walking into the light, I expect Chloe and everything to be pretty much the same, with just few alterations of the clothing and reactions to things. But we "wake up" to a friendly Victoria (which means we're in the vortex club) and everything has drastically changed than what I expected. Who knew saving the life of a man could greatly alter the present!

7: Bittersweet Meeting

• I think by this time I was saddened due to the feeling that the episode was about to end, but what shocked me was Chloe being on a wheelchair. What disease could she be in? I feel like it's a respiratory disease or possibly a blood disease. And she still has her original brown blonde hair.

Disliked

1. Lack of direct instructions.
    2. Poor lip-sync animations.
    3. Poor facial animations.

Liked

1. Calming and fitting music.
    2. Broadening of plot.
    3. Better dialogues.
    4. Graphically beautiful.
    5. Realistic/ Realism of characters.
    6. Choices matter.
    7. Non-cliché shocking moments.

Recommendation rating: 9.8/10

• Nah I loved David being owned my Max, Chloe, and even Joyce lol

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2015

What kind of bastard would even throw the bone into the street

Frank might be a dick, but there's no need to bring his dog into the middle of it

That's just wrong, bro

• I tell you one thing if you threw the bone in the street and didn't rewind you are heartless. Poor doggie :(

• edited May 2015

Wow. This was the best episode yet. And what the hell happened to Chloe? Maybe she had the accident, instead of her Dad? I have no idea. Have to wait till the next episode. Sigh.

I thought the choice to kiss Chloe was awesome. Of course, I chose to kiss her. That was so cute. And in the pool? What a great scene that was.

Didn't see Kate. I hope we do next episode but now that Max has changed the past, what has happened to Kate, I wonder?

Anyway, it was a really great episode. Well done DontNod! I give it a 9/10.

• I did at first, but, I didnt know that the dog would get run over, so, I rewound and threw it in the parking lot instead.

• The idea of Chloe being the one having the accident instead of William didn't cross my mind.

Since I assume she was ill.

• Things will get better,since Max in preview for ep4 was wearing ep2 T-shirt,maybe she fix things up?

• I should have known. There are always consequences. Every action has an equal reaction.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This is only going to be a quick review.

This episode was slightly slower paced compared to the other two and i am on the fence as to whether i liked it or not as i felt slightly bored at times.

The end (being able to go "into" a photograph) was almost exactly like the movie "The Butterfly Effect" even down to the photo shaking similar to the diary pages in the movie, i could see there where going to be some consequences from saving Chloe's dad and i was surprised to see her in a wheelchair but i wasn't completely shocked as messing around with the past can be a bad thing due to the butterfly effect.

Overall i rate this 8/10

Also RIP Lisa :'(

• Alt text

#TeamSarah posted: »

The poll we all need in our lives. http://strawpoll.me/4397014

• Alt text

No!!!! Damnit I drowned the plant. I'm sorry Lisa

• Well basically getting into the photograph was like getting into the someones memories like in their other game Remember me.

• edited May 2015

But then there's Chloe and her goddamn "SpiderMax" comment...

(¬‿¬) Hmm....

SpiderMax, SpiderMax

Does whatever a hipster can

Can she shoot a web,

No she can't, she's a photographer

Look Out!

Here comes the SpiderMax.

Sorry, couldn't resist. lol

Not gonna lie here... I'm a little excited. For the first time since I purchased the game I actually have hopes for where the game will take

• Can't play this freaking episode until I finish everything I have to do at the mall. Today will be difficult to hold out on the need to play.

Alt text

Must. Avoid. SPOILAHS! O_O

• WTF was that episode? Man, fuck this.

• You didn't like it?

WTF was that episode? Man, fuck this.

• Anybody here with Ps4 able to play yet?

• edited May 2015

I thought episode 3 was pretty .... eh.

Literally the approach to the episodes seems to be 3 hours of very little happening and then the last 10 minutes has some actual big moment that teases the next episode. They've done it each time now.

Episode 3 is really just being with chole and investigating three places. It got a bit repetitive. It looks like choice really wont matter for a while at least, not that I really mind.

Choices were kind of non existent too in terms of challenge there was the one with the family maybe but apart from that. Even one of the final major choices comes from a previous episode

• They said there wont be any fixes for lip-sync.

I hope once this game is done, they add patches that fixes the lip-sync because it breaks the charm sometimes...

• No I just got mindfucked. I hate that shit.

You didn't like it?

• (SPOILERS)

I found the choices very difficult like Bacon or Pancakes? That's an impossible win. See I honestly find some users on here hypocritical (not you) they will complain that an episode is too short in TWD. For some reason though when it's this episode and it's literally 3 hours (which is amazing) users are saying it was too boring.

Also the choices did have an effect? When Kate died it was a big deal and when she didn't die it was still a big deal. Also the tiniest choices you made in episode 2 and 1 effected 3.. Like the bird. I didn't find it repetitive because they were on a huge ass mission and had to break into a couple places (which all felt different to me).

Literally the approach to the episodes seems to be 3 hours of very little happening

So breaking into a school, nearly getting caught by David, kissing Chloe, breaking into an rv, killing a dog (optional), Stealing shit, Chloe having a breakdown, Going back in time, saving a mans life. Is that really sound like very little happening?

I thought episode 3 was pretty .... eh. Literally the approach to the episodes seems to be 3 hours of very little happening and then the

• edited May 2015

You're investigating three areas and then the ending. As someone who doesnt really like chloe it wasnt that great to be stuck with just her again for the whole episode.

The length of the episodes never really bother me however everyone will be talking about the end scene twist and little else much like last episode.

Dialogue changes certainly but besides that very little and the point is now nothing we have done in the entire game matters anyway as we are in another timeline.

Also the twist I kind of saw coming , maybe not the chloe change exactly but something of that nature

#TeamSarah posted: »

(SPOILERS) I found the choices very difficult like Bacon or Pancakes? That's an impossible win. See I honestly find some users on here h

• Chloe doesn't have a disease. SHE was in the car accident.

• People talk about Chloe having a disease, and that being the reason she's in the wheelchair.

Am I the only one who thinks that she's actually paralyzed? The photo of "happy" Chloe getting her car keys on her 16th Birthday is one of the final ones we see of her before we fade back into the story if I recall correctly. Seems like foreshadowing to me.

tl;dr Car crash w/ Chloe = Paralyzed Chloe = Wheelchair

• edited May 2015

While everyone is having a fun time, I'm still waiting...

Alt text

Fucking Playstation Network taking forever man.

• I'm.. I'm speechless. That ending is making me feel depressed :( I wish there was a choice to just let William die. I'd rather have Chloe not in a wheelchair in my opinion :(

• First rule in time travel, do not go and try change the past, its Sport Almanac all over again. Im sure in Ep.4 we will go back to our original timeline cause otherwise everything we did in past episodes did not matter.

Still, it was a shock, im still sweating pinballs

• Fucking finally!

While everyone is having a fun time, I'm still waiting... Fucking Playstation Network taking forever man.

• Agreed. IMO that was pretty meh episode.

I thought episode 3 was pretty .... eh. Literally the approach to the episodes seems to be 3 hours of very little happening and then the

• But she could have those clothes in this fucked up timeline too?

Things will get better,since Max in preview for ep4 was wearing ep2 T-shirt,maybe she fix things up?

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

My god, that was some ending...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.