Should I name my puppy Rhys?

Pic related. It's a girl, but the name Rhys is pretty gender neutral. Plus, it's, uh, fitting.

Alt text

Comments

• If it was a guy, I'd choose Rhys. But if it's a girl, I dunno.

• Rhysie is more girl-ish, in my opinion.

If it was a guy, I'd choose Rhys. But if it's a girl, I dunno.

• I have a name that is VERY similar to Rhys. 4 letters, two of the are the same, both begin with R's....I take offense. Et tu Brute?

Rhysie is more girl-ish, in my opinion.

• hmmm, maybe like what Intell said, Rhysie

• edited May 2015

I was actually considering Sasha as well. One of the only female names that sits well with me. Dogs respond better to two-syllable names, too.

If it was a guy, I'd choose Rhys. But if it's a girl, I dunno.

• I would vote Sasha. I actually have a husky named Sasha so I´m biased, though, oops.

Piggs posted: »

I was actually considering Sasha as well. One of the only female names that sits well with me. Dogs respond better to two-syllable names, too.

• My English cocker spaniel is named Snickers but I call her, damn dog.

Btw, in France:

http://www.behindthename.com/top/name/sasha/france

• EHHH, that's the problem. A little generic for a husky, I guess.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

I would vote Sasha. I actually have a husky named Sasha so I´m biased, though, oops.

• Then by all means go for Rhys. I don´t think it sounds overly masculine or anything and it´s a nice sounding name.

EHHH, that's the problem. A little generic for a husky, I guess.

• Woops! What I meant was that Rhysie is the girl version of Rhys.

I have a name that is VERY similar to Rhys. 4 letters, two of the are the same, both begin with R's....I take offense. Et tu Brute?

• Name her Loaderbot, duh! First-born, first-bred, same difference...

Also, is it just the photo or does she have heterochromia? Because if that's the case you HAVE to call her Jack(ie)! Or Rhysie fits too - just say she's firing up her ECHOeye.

Also, also, she is so freakin' adorable! ^_^

• Name her Fiona then.

EHHH, that's the problem. A little generic for a husky, I guess.

• No. You are going to name the dog Bob if it is a male, and Bob if it is a female. You are going to empty a whole bag of dog food in to a tiny bowl so it overflows and spills everywhere. And then you are going to love him, and pet him and whatever people do good to dogs. Remember. The dog isn't living with you. You are living with the dog. He runs the house now. And your dog who you already named Bob when you read the first sentence of this, has my contact.

• Yep, she has heterochromia. That's why I wanted to name it Rhys. Jackie's pretty good too, though.

Name her Loaderbot, duh! First-born, first-bred, same difference... Also, is it just the photo or does she have heterochromia? Because if

• Name it Buttstallion

• You should call her Bigby!

...I'm sorry, I'll leave your thread now.

• I was thinking of naming a male dog Rigby in honor of good ol' Biggs, but I ended up with a girl.

Still haven't decided, btw. Girl names are hard.

RuffPuff posted: »

You should call her Bigby! ...I'm sorry, I'll leave your thread now.

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

hmmm, maybe like what Intell said, Rhysie

• This made me laugh really hard.

Name it Buttstallion

• I've always liked Kukeil or Saesuo, they're quite gender neutral. Unrelated to ttg, but oh well.

I was thinking of naming a male dog Rigby in honor of good ol' Biggs, but I ended up with a girl. Still haven't decided, btw. Girl names are hard.

• Rhys is a girl's name, too, it's just that this particular spelling is usually used for dudes (girls are usually Reece or Reese but I don't really like the way those are spelled). So it's totally an awesome, gender-neutral name.

• yes, you should. Rhys is a great name.

• Rhys sounds like it'd be a good dog name.

But what do i know, i literally named my dog "dog".

• Ahaha, that made me smile. Nice :P

Aaira posted: »

Rhys sounds like it'd be a good dog name. But what do i know, i literally named my dog "dog".

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Regardless of what you call her... she looks freakin' adorable!

• omg thx puzzpuzz, here's another pic for you.

Alt text

puzzlebox posted: »

Regardless of what you call her... she looks freakin' adorable!

• ...Why not name it Fiona? :P

You still get the Tales from the Borderlands reference in, and the gender fits.

• Sounds good, literally. It's a short, unique, and catchy name. Doesn't seem like a name that should be gender specific either.

• Oh, Rhys is a name used by actual people? I thought TTG just respelled Reese to make it seem futuristic or something. (No offense meant if someone named Rhys is reading this, I thought Reese was the only spelling.)

nursethalia posted: »

Rhys is a girl's name, too, it's just that this particular spelling is usually used for dudes (girls are usually Reece or Reese but I don't really like the way those are spelled). So it's totally an awesome, gender-neutral name.

• It's a Welsh name, it's not very popular in the U.S. (if that's where you're from that may explain why you've never seen it) but it's been around for awhile with that spelling.

Bluebirdo posted: »

Oh, Rhys is a name used by actual people? I thought TTG just respelled Reese to make it seem futuristic or something. (No offense meant if someone named Rhys is reading this, I thought Reese was the only spelling.)

• People will just compare it to Adventure Time or whatever, and it doesn't fit the heterochromia as well. Also:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/95472/i-really-don-t-like-fiona-do-you-poll

...Why not name it Fiona? :P You still get the Tales from the Borderlands reference in, and the gender fits.

• My dog's name is Here-Boy. :B

Ahaha, that made me smile. Nice :P

• These dog names are amazing. If I ever get a dog I'll know where to come! However, atm we have a cat. :)

RuffPuff posted: »

My dog's name is Here-Boy. :B

• Yes. Rhys is cute, and your puppy is cute... so YES! :)

• Okay, now that I've seen this picture of her I don't think any other name but Rhys (or Rhysie) would be suitable - it's perfect!

She actually reminds me a lot of Rhys' design in that first trailer - I think it's because of her (adorably) 'angry' looking puppy eyebrows - she looks like she's acting tough even though she's adorable (just like Rhys)!

Alt text

Oh my God, she even has the little lines next to her nose - she looks like she's been cell-shaded in real life!

omg thx puzzpuzz, here's another pic for you.

• Name it Loader Bot

• I decided on Rhys. Told my mom about it during a phone call later.

"Why are you spelling it R-H-Y-S? 'Reeze'?"

My mom is August in disguise.

• edited May 2015

I think Reese is one of those first names that was derived from a common last name (I hate those) like Anderson, Madison, Carson, Tucker, Cassidy, Chandler, ect.

Rhys was always a first name.

It's a Welsh name, it's not very popular in the U.S. (if that's where you're from that may explain why you've never seen it) but it's been around for awhile with that spelling.

• ErykaEryka Banned

Alt text Reese?

Rhys is a girl's name, too, it's just that this particular spelling is usually used for dudes (girls are usually Reece or Reese but I don't really like the way those are spelled). So it's totally an awesome, gender-neutral name.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.