Fiona's money mechanic

When playing as Fiona you often get the choice to spend any of the money you have acquired throughout the game to bribe people or customize things. I'm usually a sucker for customization but I haven't spent a dime on things like masks or caravans and have done all that I can to get the max amount of cash because I believe that there is something at the end only available if you have almost all of the money in the game. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Yeah, in my canon playthrough I'm keeping the money for exactly that reason. I could just as easily see it massively backfiring on me though, because when the game first launched they talked about the fact that because it's the Bordelands universe you'll be rewarded for being greedy etc.

We'll probably save it all up only to have someone pick our pocket or a skag pup steal our wallet!

• A Rat Thief from The Fridge knocks us down and runs away with our thousands of dollars just before the final choice of the game.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Yeah, in my canon playthrough I'm keeping the money for exactly that reason. I could just as easily see it massively backfiring on me though

• Eh, I don't think that we'll use it on something more important than customizations. Maybe in a dialogue choice like in Episode 1 where you could bribe Tector.

• Not being funny - I legitimately hate those things more than anything. Nobody touches my money. It's mine. I stole it from bandits who probably would've used it to buy guns. So don't take my money.

Rock114 posted: »

A Rat Thief from The Fridge knocks us down and runs away with our thousands of dollars just before the final choice of the game. FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

• Oooh, that should happen, but you can totally get all your money back if you saved a bullet (like a 2nd chance)

Not being funny - I legitimately hate those things more than anything. Nobody touches my money. It's mine. I stole it from bandits who probably would've used it to buy guns. So don't take my money.

• The fact that Fiona has quite a lot of stuff in her inventory from episode 2 makes me think it's possible we might get the opportunity at some point to sell some items and make some money that way. Like if you chose to go to Old Haven and you took Athena's shield you could have the opportunity to keep it in case it's possible to use it later, or sell it for a ridiculous amount of cash.

• I wonder how much money a single skag skin shoe would fetch?

The fact that Fiona has quite a lot of stuff in her inventory from episode 2 makes me think it's possible we might get the opportunity at so

• Because of my multiple playthroughs of the game, I managed to conjure up over $3,000.

Either I'm very smart, or a very cheap bastard.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.