Okay so how about Vasquez/August?

I just recently got into this ship and fell pretty hard for it? I mean they're both basically trash but at least together they make a dumpster.

Also here's some art by chordati because her art of the ship is perfect.

Alt text

Comments

• Jeez sometimes I'm ashamed to be apart of this part of the forums lol. Too many ships.

• tbh so far all I've seen here is Rhyiona and Rhysha. How many more have been cropping up?

Jeez sometimes I'm ashamed to be apart of this part of the forums lol. Too many ships.

• They've met a bunch of times before and Vasquez is on good terms with August's mom (and vice versa) so yes. They're dating. Or will be, soon, hopefully. Plus August seems to genuinely like Vasquez, and not many people do (evidently).

• hello, yes I am so here for this

• I'm not a shipper (and have a heart of stone), but there's no denying these two would be adorable together.

A Pandoran thug and a Hyperion suit - it's like a modern-day Romeo and Juliet.

(With Vallory and Jack representing the warring faction's leaders/parents.)

• August is obsessed with Sasha. Also I dont think Vasquez knows about August's mom.

Say hi to your mom / wife / etc is just a manner of speaking for I had sex with them especially in this case. Notice in Fiona's version of story August is exasperated when he hears it & says 'Say hi to your mom too.'
    It was just a way of putting each other down.

• So?

Saveus posted: »

August is obsessed with Sasha. Also I dont think Vasquez knows about August's mom. Say hi to your mom / wife / etc is just a manner of sp

• August is obsessed with Sasha.

Which is unhealthy because she doesn't like him back? Really the dude has gotta get over her and move on.

Also I dont think Vasquez knows about August's mom

Quite a bit of the dialogue hints to Vallory actually being August's mother? And we know that Vasquez knows Vallory because he's one of her Hyperion contacts (plus as I said before Vasquez and August have met many times before so why wouldn't he know Vallory?).

Saveus posted: »

August is obsessed with Sasha. Also I dont think Vasquez knows about August's mom. Say hi to your mom / wife / etc is just a manner of sp

• Oh gosh let's hope they don't wind up dead like Romeo and Juliet did though.

I'm not a shipper (and have a heart of stone), but there's no denying these two would be adorable together. A Pandoran thug and a Hyperio

• I'd rate it high tier.

• Vasquez is number 2 on August's speed-dial, number 1 is his mother.

jambandit posted: »

This is an important addition to the thread.

• im out

clap-tp posted: »

• Those two just have their own threads, everything else is not that popular. But yeah, there's also August/Sasha (obviously), Jack/Rhys, Rhys/Vaughn, and Rhys and zer0... and I probably forgot something too.

tbh so far all I've seen here is Rhyiona and Rhysha. How many more have been cropping up?

• edited June 2015

Which is unhealthy because she doesn't like him back?

So... how unhealthy is it for Krieg to be obsessed with Maya or Rhys to be obsessed with Jack? How unhealthy is it for almost everyone to be drooling over Moxxi? At least they've been together and we don't even know if she likes him or not. All things considering, she might. It's also noteworthy it's been just 1-2 days for christ's sake, people usually need much more time to "get over" someone and move on.

And no, I don't ship them at all and don't really even like August either cause dude have some serious issues it seems.

chordati posted: »

August is obsessed with Sasha. Which is unhealthy because she doesn't like him back? Really the dude has gotta get over her and mov

• Rhys being obsessed with Jack is. Very unhealthy lol. Hero worship that strong is always unhealthy especially when the person being worshiped is someone like Handsome Jack.

And honestly I have a nagging feeling that Sasha doesn't really like him back but we'll see I could be wrong. Anyways, I never said August has to grow up and get over Sasha immediately or anything like of course it takes a while to get over somebody and with a guy like August it will probably take. A very long while but after that? Don't see why him and Vasquez couldn't be a thing. Everyone hates both of them but at least they like each other.

DeityD posted: »

Which is unhealthy because she doesn't like him back? So... how unhealthy is it for Krieg to be obsessed with Maya or Rhys to be obs

• edited June 2015

I dunno about that, there's still zero indication it's really unhealthy. If someone here has an issue, it should be Vasquez imo. And Rhys being a pc... we can't say for sure what he thinks of Jack because all the things he said about him so far aside from that one thing from the beginning was our choice. It could be simply a strong desire to be successful and on top of everyone rather than being exactly like him in every way.

So far, Sasha hersef said nothing about August. At all. Nothing negative and nothing positive - and she mentioned/adressed him 3 times if I remember it right. 1 - she said he has trust ussues 2 - said sorry when they tried to con him 3 - when Fiona said "I used my last (or the only one) bullet trying to kill your boyfriend" she only neutrally/playfully replied "shut up". No reason to think she doesn't like him. I mean, I won't be surprised if she doesn't - by I won't be surprised if she does either.

chordati posted: »

Rhys being obsessed with Jack is. Very unhealthy lol. Hero worship that strong is always unhealthy especially when the person being worshi

• So far, Sasha hersef said nothing about August. Al all. Nothing negative and nothing positive

I think since telltale has gone into good detail with how the figures move with their dialogue, body language is pretty important when she's around August? She obviously very uncomfortable around him. (And who wouldn't be really)

2 - said sorry when they tried to con him

Also do you mean when she was running away? Because I'm 100% sure she said that as a sort of filler before she started running like hell to get out of these because she knows how trigger happy he is.

DeityD posted: »

I dunno about that, there's still zero indication it's really unhealthy. If someone here has an issue, it should be Vasquez imo. And Rhys be

• What in the seven hells of Pandora is this? jfc.

• (And who wouldn't be really)

Exactly. It also doesn't help that she's trying her best to decieve him at the moment.

Also do you mean when she was running away? Because I'm 100% sure she said that as a sort of filler before she started running like hell to get out of these because she knows how trigger happy he is.

Yep, that moment. I didn't mean that she apologized because she genuinely felt sorry, just that she didn't really said anything bad about him yet, and that she barely mentioned him at all. So it's too soon for us to specualte what she thinks of him.

So far, Sasha hersef said nothing about August. Al all. Nothing negative and nothing positive I think since telltale has gone into g

• So, I'm not the only one who ships this? ;__;

• Basically if it exists, someone has paired it with Rhys.

At least that's my understanding.

tbh so far all I've seen here is Rhyiona and Rhysha. How many more have been cropping up?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.