Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• Loaderbooooooot our lord and savior!

....seriously though how did they NOT get shot by those other robots? Is this going to be one of those things where bullets are flying everywhere and nobody gets hit? Kinda like Season 2 XD

CarL_J posted: »

Why is Sasha holding August's gun?! Where's the Atlas Chicken!?

• And love is in the air

(?) Lilac did not giggle to that. She swears it on the life of her dead hamster.

...so, who wants to bet Telltale took longer on this episode because they wanted to sneak in shipping references?

Ooooooh yeaaaaaah! Alt text Rhys is finally getting da kitty.

Alt text

Seriously a man like him needs a feline companion other than fine socks in his life.

After a dizzying escape from a very-near-almost-certain-death scenario (involving statuesque buttocks), Rhys and Fiona find themselves looki

• Barely. Last episode at this rate could end up skirting early Jan.

We're on track to finish this series by 2016. yaaaaaaaay

• Why does it need to be released on a tuesday, anyway?

Woah, woah. They're just trying to keep us informed. Also, it wasn't going to come out on the 16th because of E3

• Please refrain from insulting Telltale staff members, as it goes against the forum guideline about respect.

1.1 R-E-S-P-E-C-T! We're all here to have fun, so be cool to each other. Always behave respectfully towards other community members, moderators and Telltale team members. Insults, hate speech, platform wars… leave it out. Constructive criticism of another user's opinions or actions is OK, but refrain from insulting users/volunteer moderators/Telltale staff members themselves - whether directly or in passing. If you feel especially slighted by another forum member, use the "Flag" button to report their comments to moderators instead of shooting back!

why announce it 2 weeks away? why not have it out next week? [Mod edit: Redacted]

• I'm not 100% sure, so you'd be better off asking a mod or something, but as far as I know:

Other companies (eg. Steam [?]) usually set the day on which it is released, and it just seems to be a trend for Tuesdays. There have been Friday releases in the past, though only once or twice. There's nothing physically binding it to Tuesdays, but that seems to be the chosen day or episode/game release.

Blind Sniper has commented below so it might be worth checking with them :)

Tevix posted: »

Why does it need to be released on a tuesday, anyway?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2015

If Telltale includes a #LoaderBros reference in Episode 3 (or any future episode), all will be forgiven for them taking a little longer on this episode (presumably) to include the inevitable shipping jokes.

• #LoaderBros > Shipping

Green613 posted: »

If there are no inevitable shipping jokes yet there's #LoaderBros jokes I'm going to uninstall TFTBL.

• edited June 2015

#LoaderBros is trash tier.

THERE I SAID I-

Get's banned *

#LoaderBros > Shipping

• If there are no inevitable shipping jokes yet there's #LoaderBros jokes I'm going to uninstall TFTBL.

If Telltale includes a #LoaderBros reference in Episode 3 (or any future episode), all will be forgiven for them taking a little longer on this episode (presumably) to include the inevitable shipping jokes.

• I was ready a f for that permaban

I knew you'd chicken out :^]

Alt text

Don't test me son!

edited June 2015

Alt text

Don't test me son!

#LoaderBros is trash tier. THERE I SAID I- Get's banned *

• So, does this mean that episode 3 will be presented on E3?

• They might show a timed demo portion of the Episode, yeah. Unfortunately, Telltale doesn't usually allow people to record episode gameplay on the show floor so the best we can do for now is just to watch out for written impressions of the episode on news sites like GameSpot, IGN, etc.

AwkwardAlex posted: »

So, does this mean that episode 3 will be presented on E3?

• And it only took 14 weeks. ;3; Hyped and hopeful that the next episode will come out sooner though!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Speaking of Loader Bot, I love how the screenshot of him carrying everyone is called "Loader Bot Bus".

• The screenshot with Rhys holding his arm out is also called "Rhys Ironman," which is pretty great. :P

dojo32161 posted: »

Speaking of Loader Bot, I love how the screenshot of him carrying everyone is called "Loader Bot Bus".

edited June 2015

I was ready a f for that permaban

I knew you'd chicken out :^]

Laugh all you want now, but if you slip up and do something that makes me consider banning you, you best watch your back as I'll think back on this moment when you took the name of #LoaderBros in vain. Muhahah!

P.S.

I'm not a Chicken! You're a Turkey!

I was ready a f for that permaban I knew you'd chicken out :^]

• ;___;

I was ready a f for that permaban I knew you'd chicken out :^] Laugh all you want now, but if you slip up and do something th

• You all knew this was coming but...I CALLED IT!!!!!!!

Alt text

• I leave for a two week trip on the 22nd...dammit.

• First thing I saw when I woke up today, NEW SCREENS AND A RELEASE DATE! What a wonderful way to start the day!

• Thank you :D gonna buy it now

derrickd95 posted: »

If anyone doesn't have the game yet, wants a Steam version, knows someone who wants it, etc., it's 50% off on Steam right now in the monster summer sale!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Tell us if you like it or not.

Thank you gonna buy it now

• Wish it could have been sooner, but I'm still hyped for it, I wonder what kind of song for the opening intro we'll hear in episode 3, I'm sure it will be awesome like the songs from the previous two episodes.

• NONONONONONONONONO

WHAT WILL I DO!

A choice must always be made... and in this case the question is... which to do first, Tales From The Borderlands or Batman Arkham Knight

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2015

We won't actually be demoing anything (even behind closed doors) at E3 this year. It's hard to demo episodes beyond a season premiere, because by then folks are attached to their own save file and choices! We do have a secluded little space at the expo hall, but it's really just for recruiters and business meetings.

The ACTUAL fun stuff we're doing at E3 all happens on Monday morning at 9am PT / 12pm ET - we'll be on the YouTube Live @ E3 stream with a substantial announcement related to The Walking Dead.

AwkwardAlex posted: »

So, does this mean that episode 3 will be presented on E3?

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Tough choices is what Telltale is all about!

Well, 24 hours in a day, right? So I would suggest playing 'Catch a Ride' first, which takes about 2 hours... leaving you with a whole 22 hours afterwards for Arkham Knight. ;)

NONONONONONONONONO WHAT WILL I DO! A choice must always be made... and in this case the question is... which to do first, Tales From The Borderlands or Batman Arkham Knight

• Psst you guys should announce a Wolf Among Us Season 2 as well :P

puzzlebox posted: »

We won't actually be demoing anything (even behind closed doors) at E3 this year. It's hard to demo episodes beyond a season premiere, becau

• Tales from the borderlands first. It will download alot faster than Arkham Knight and TFTB is shorter in length so it would make more sense to play the shorter game first :3

NONONONONONONONONO WHAT WILL I DO! A choice must always be made... and in this case the question is... which to do first, Tales From The Borderlands or Batman Arkham Knight

• I've been waiting for episode 3 for 3 months. Ive been waiting for Arkham Knight for 3 years... So Batman wins for me.

• Freakin finally! A date. I can wait. It's not too late. Im taking the bait. Gonna get ready mate.

• You are wise puzzlebox sensei

Tough choices is what Telltale is all about! Well, 24 hours in a day, right? So I would suggest playing 'Catch a Ride' first, which takes about 2 hours... leaving you with a whole 22 hours afterwards for Arkham Knight.

• For games like that I only buy disks.

ALL HAIL PS4

BTW that other comment is my first comment on this website and by extension this thread... HI EVERYONE!!!

Tales from the borderlands first. It will download alot faster than Arkham Knight and TFTB is shorter in length so it would make more sense to play the shorter game first

• what choices? from the looks of the first screenshot, the outcome is going to be the same regardless, right?

We won't actually be demoing anything (even behind closed doors) at E3 this year. It's hard to demo episodes beyond a season premiere, becau

• Sp judging on that one Athena and Fiona screenshot... that looks like Brick and Mordecai!

I predict this game takes place RIIIIGHT before Athena is captured in the Pre-Sequel!

• I leave for a two week trip on the 22nd...dammit.

• This picture...

I'm starting to question things.

S_O28046 posted: »

Vaughn. Bae.

• Well I didn't need to sleep tonight anyways. (Creepy gif.)

okay then! outside I'm all.. but on the inside..

• edited June 2015

okay then!

outside I'm all..

Alt text

but on the inside..

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.