The Tediore Shield

I'm willing to bet that the shield we could've picked up after Bossanova's death in Episode 1 will come into play during the start of Episode 3. Any theories on how it could go down if we did/didn't have the shield?

Comments

• edited June 2015

Well, it might not have an effect. I didn't check in future episodes, but in the first one, if you pick it up, it never officially says it is added to your inventory.

If it does have an effect though, I forgot to pick it up so Rhys may die

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

Maybe it'll be used as an actual shield. Or Rhys will bargain and beg some guy to take it in exchange for not killing him, instead of just using it as a shield like a smart person would do. Or beat someone up with it.

• Maybe he'll have the option of giving it to someone else (like Vaughn or Sasha) and if he chooses to be selfish they get hurt.

• edited June 2015

Alright, well, here's my theory.

Back in TWD S2, you had the option to steal painkillers from Arvo. If you did so, you could give it to one of three people; The Pregnant/In Labor Rebecca, the freshly beaten Kenny, or the beaten/shot up/emotional wreck that was Luke. I can imagine that there will be a similar situation here; You can give it to Vaughn, Sasha, Possibly Fiona, or keep it for yourself. Maybe you even find a second shield, and have the option to choose two people to get it.

• Did any of those choices drastically change anything?

• Nothing more than whichever character you give it to thanking you. It didn't really change how they acted.

Did any of those choices drastically change anything?

• You can steal captain Athena's mighty shield in ep2.

• It showed up in my inventory in ep.2.

I don't think you get the option to use your inventory after the point in ep.1 where Rhys picks it up.

AChicken posted: »

Well, it might not have an effect. I didn't check in future episodes, but in the first one, if you pick it up, it never officially says it is added to your inventory. If it does have an effect though, I forgot to pick it up so Rhys may die

• But she said it wasnt hers ;)

Aaira posted: »

You can steal captain Athena's mighty shield in ep2.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

we do see fiona point a gun at him in the final chapter picture. maybe the bullets\sheild will have effect on some final fight

AChicken posted: »

Well, it might not have an effect. I didn't check in future episodes, but in the first one, if you pick it up, it never officially says it is added to your inventory. If it does have an effect though, I forgot to pick it up so Rhys may die

• I was thinking along the lines of it being used to save Vaughn or Sasha during the shoot off that goes down at the beginning of Episode 3, but who knows?

clap-tp posted: »

we do see fiona point a gun at him in the final chapter picture. maybe the bullets\sheild will have effect on some final fight

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

rhys obviously wont die in the story he is alive to tell, maybe they will break the 4th wall in some "i just know il be fine, dont worry about it" way because i dont see a point using it as rhys because he dosent wear in the present time from the looks of it

Maybe he'll have the option of giving it to someone else (like Vaughn or Sasha) and if he chooses to be selfish they get hurt.

• Finders Keepers! :)

Kenny4ever posted: »

But she said it wasnt hers

• Oooh, what if you have both shields ready for the bot onslaught at the start of episode 3?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Finders Keepers!

• Somehow i don't think that there will be a 'Bot Onslaught' (Great phrasing BTW, Mr. Poultry) at the beginning of Ep.3. I just have this feeling that our gang is going to save themselves pretty quickly.

I'm not sure about the Teidore sheild, but i think Athena's shield (whether or not you have it) will effect us in how Athena will help us later on. I really think that alot of Fiona's story, when Athena comes into it, is not quite right. The red eyes, the jumping off the roof onto a moving motorcycle (that even Rhys calls her on). It just doesn't quite add up to me.

Oooh, what if you have both shields ready for the bot onslaught at the start of episode 3?

• edited June 2015

Um, I meant he'd die as a joke. Sorry that wasn't clear.

EDIT: Thank you.

• I picked up the Tediore Shield,but it wasn't in Rhys inventory in episode.Soooo I wonder if they fixed that cause I would like to use it in episode 3 if we can I hope

• That damn shield! I walked one inch over it and it causes a cutscene, I rewinded 2 times to pick it up... Don't kno if it'l do anything in the end but it was glowing and shiny so I had to have it.

• I remember you can give it 2 times to Rebecca in ep4 and to Luke in ep5, but when can you give it to Kenny? Got footage?

• I might be imagining things, but from what I remember, you could give them to Kenny before putting his bandage on.

I'm probably wrong, though, seeing as I can't find any footage or anything. Jane mentioned giving them to Kenny, but you might not actually be able to.

I remember you can give it 2 times to Rebecca in ep4 and to Luke in ep5, but when can you give it to Kenny? Got footage?

• Oh yeah, that's a really good point - it would be kind of stupid for a player to choose for Rhys to keep it knowing he's alive and well in the present day scenes.

rhys obviously wont die in the story he is alive to tell, maybe they will break the 4th wall in some "i just know il be fine, dont worry abo

• Hhahahahahha you think it'll be different, hahahahahahaha. Loaderbot says Hi.

• Ya, a sign of poor programming on the developers part in not interpreting that the player would go for the purple loot

That damn shield! I walked one inch over it and it causes a cutscene, I rewinded 2 times to pick it up... Don't kno if it'l do anything in the end but it was glowing and shiny so I had to have it.

• I thought it was on purpose - classic Trolltale (I fell for it hook, line and sinker).

Doughnuts posted: »

Ya, a sign of poor programming on the developers part in not interpreting that the player would go for the purple loot

• Guys.......
    Alt text

• There was orange loot in the distance, and I immediately went for it. BAM! Cutscene.

Frickin' Teltale.

I thought it was on purpose - classic Trolltale (I fell for it hook, line and sinker).

• Not knowing the Borderlands loot system, I just went 'Whatever loot comes, I get!'

J_E_K posted: »

There was orange loot in the distance, and I immediately went for it. BAM! Cutscene. Frickin' Teltale.

• edited June 2015

Bossanova dropped a legendary?!?! I thought it was money so it didn't bother me that much...

J_E_K posted: »

There was orange loot in the distance, and I immediately went for it. BAM! Cutscene. Frickin' Teltale.

• Knowing my luck, it probably was just cash. But I saw it, thought "LEGENDARY!!!!" and did the Telltale approximate of sprinting for it. Which is, you know, walking towards it at slightly faster than your normal pace.

Maybe I'll play the first ep again later on, see if I can screenshot my stupidity?

Bossanova dropped a legendary?!?! I thought it was money so it didn't bother me that much...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.