Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• Someone has been counting. Holy God, have we really been waiting that long!?

SoMuchSass posted: »

I don't want to see a trailer (before the episode). We've waited exactly 95 days, +3 days is nothing. And also I remember episode 2's trailer spoiled a lot of things for me.

• That's what I think, too. Plus if this episode is truly as tailored as Damon Clarke says, maybe a trailer would be impossible because of branching paths.

mirashade posted: »

Maybe they're holding off on the trailer because the episode is just so greatly written that any peek at it could potentially ruin some aspect of its story through spoilage. Wednesday trailer for sure.

• They wouldn't need to do this if they didn't decide to release the episode on the same day as batman...

Green613 posted: »

I'll just paste here what I said on another thread :P "Actually if you think about it that would be a great decision. Trailers build up l

• Batman has nothing to do with it though, like at all :P

tumnus555 posted: »

They wouldn't need to do this if they didn't decide to release the episode on the same day as batman...

• I've heard several people say they weren't going to play TftB until after they played the new batman game. I'd assume TTG would want people to be more hyped about their game when they both release.

Batman has nothing to do with it though, like at all :P

• I'd assume TTG would want people to be more hyped about their game when they both release.

Well yes they do want more people to be hyped about their game, but if it bothered them that much they would have just pushed the release date to some other time :P

An example of them not really caring about other games releasing on the same day would be, TWD: A House Divided when they released that and South Park The Stick of Truth was released on the same day, or when GoT episode 3 and Life Is Strange episode 2 came out on the same day.

tumnus555 posted: »

I've heard several people say they weren't going to play TftB until after they played the new batman game. I'd assume TTG would want people to be more hyped about their game when they both release.

• edited June 2015

There is definitely no way they aren't releasing a trailer for the episode, that would probably be the dumbest decision anyone's ever made.

Though they did decide to make a Minecraft game.

Kappa

Piggs posted: »

God, lol. They definitely didn't forget, but it's possible that they didn't want to invest, or had some sort of unusual time constraints that prevented them from making it.

• But they DID release screenshots that spoiled that our side survived the Atlas Facility, unless its determinant

Maybe they're holding off on the trailer because the episode is just so greatly written that any peek at it could potentially ruin some aspect of its story through spoilage. Wednesday trailer for sure.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2015

To all whom are freaking about the lack a trailer:

The Sword In The Darkness got its trailer on Monday, one day before it was released. If we apply this logic to this situation, being the third episode, we can assume if there is going to be a trailer it will come out then.

• edited June 2015

Screenshots are open to interpretation, clips from actual scenes are a bit less so.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

But they DID release screenshots that spoiled that our side survived the Atlas Facility, unless its determinant

• You have it all wrong, the trailer is coming out F17. Get with it people!

To all whom are freaking about the lack a trailer: The Sword In The Darkness got its trailer on Monday, one day before it was released. I

• Noooooooooo!!!

Poogers555 posted: »

You have it all wrong, the trailer is coming out F17. Get with it people!

• True.

Screenshots are open to interpretation, clips from actual scenes are a bit less so.

• Ha, first we complained about getting the third episode, then we wanted ships in the episode and now we're all demanding the trailer. Telltale can't catch a break, can they? xD

• Really? Just from one episode? There aren't many choices he talks about in the "previously" segment. It's the same for basically everybody. But, considering episode 2 had some major choices, It'd be cool to hear him narrate those big choices.

I love how marcus narrates your choices

• You know, I was going to say: "well, they might not release a trailer because of cliffhanger, bla-bla bla..."

But, TWAU actually had a trailer for Episode 5. So, I don't know what I was thinking...

Deadpoolian posted: »

Sure is odd that they aren't even mentioning a trailer. Normally they'll tell us when a trailer will go live, or in the very least someone w

• I think Telltale didn't release the trailer as their PR team was busy at E3.

• Full satisfaction is hard to achieve

Ha, first we complained about getting the third episode, then we wanted ships in the episode and now we're all demanding the trailer. Telltale can't catch a break, can they? xD

• Though they did decide to make a Minecraft game.

Alt text

There is definitely no way they aren't releasing a trailer for the episode, that would probably be the dumbest decision anyone's ever made. Though they did decide to make a Minecraft game. Kappa

• Yes, it's been that long. But only 2 more days to go!

Someone has been counting. Holy God, have we really been waiting that long!?

• No, but soon they can catch a riiiiide

Ha, first we complained about getting the third episode, then we wanted ships in the episode and now we're all demanding the trailer. Telltale can't catch a break, can they? xD

• Ayyyy

No, but soon they can catch a riiiiide

• Perhaps. Personally, I think trailer is unnecessary as far as we'll get episode 3 very, very soon.

I think Telltale didn't release the trailer as their PR team was busy at E3.

• We have never been closer to soon. :)

Tewudin posted: »

Perhaps. Personally, I think trailer is unnecessary as far as we'll get episode 3 very, very soon.

• It's sooner than you think, my friend.

We have never been closer to soon.

• Nah all the screenshots are the trailer we just have to put them together in order to solve the mystery of the missing episode 3 trailer.

Alt text

I think Telltale didn't release the trailer as their PR team was busy at E3.

• I like the way you see it, Sir Holmes. :)

Drladders posted: »

Nah all the screenshots are the trailer we just have to put them together in order to solve the mystery of the missing episode 3 trailer.

• Well, on one hand, I agree that it's unnecessary for those of us who already know that the episode is coming. At this point, I think most of us would just prefer to go into the episode blind, and maybe check out the trailer afterwards.

But isn't a trailer still kinda necessary for marketing reasons? I mean, Telltale's youtube isn't the only one uploading it. Borderlands/Gearbox, Playstation, Xbox, etc.. all upload it individually to their own channels. That's a crapload of people they'd be missing out on reaching, if they didn't have a trailer.

But I'm sure there will be one on Monday, like others have been saying. :D

Tewudin posted: »

Perhaps. Personally, I think trailer is unnecessary as far as we'll get episode 3 very, very soon.

• Lol, what if the "Intro" has another inside joke, like:
    "And Rhys decided to trust Handsome Jack. The Rapscallian took control of Rhys servos and well... Fiona threw her grenade anyway. This disabled the robots around them and short circurited Rhy's robotics and thus Jacks control.

Just Kidding. Did you really believe this was a story without consequence? ... No.. the real outcome... was much worse..."

• I just like his narration in general, like from the previous games and their dlc

AChicken posted: »

Really? Just from one episode? There aren't many choices he talks about in the "previously" segment. It's the same for basically everybody. But, considering episode 2 had some major choices, It'd be cool to hear him narrate those big choices.

• she kicked rhys in the nuts for not trusting her, and then threw the grenade

stevean2 posted: »

Lol, what if the "Intro" has another inside joke, like: "And Rhys decided to trust Handsome Jack. The Rapscallian took control of Rhys serv

• Like I said, in my opinion trailer is unnecessary because episode itself is more important. At least for me but I think that there will be trailer. Probably on Monday, yes.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Well, on one hand, I agree that it's unnecessary for those of us who already know that the episode is coming. At this point, I think most of

• It would be funny if they have another Marcus intro that says something along the lines of "we all know it's been a while... again..you're a patient one. Feel good about that. You tuned in to continue the story, so here it goes"

• edited June 2015

I was thinking the "waiting joke" maybe something like Marcus simply forgot and was like watching "space football" or whatever the have on padora and trying to excuse it like "who knew spending three months watching space football would make you all whiney brats"

bigdogg0821 posted: »

It would be funny if they have another Marcus intro that says something along the lines of "we all know it's been a while... again..you're a patient one. Feel good about that. You tuned in to continue the story, so here it goes"

• I know this is a bit forward, but in the FAQ it says: "There are five episodes in this first season". Does that mean there will likely be a second season?:))

• *Three months

stevean2 posted: »

I was thinking the "waiting joke" maybe something like Marcus simply forgot and was like watching "space football" or whatever the have on p

• They're always putting it like that, but who knows.

Although, seeing as TFTB is a set-up for Borderlands 3...I'm not sure.

Caoline posted: »

I know this is a bit forward, but in the FAQ it says: "There are five episodes in this first season". Does that mean there will likely be a second season?:))

• Hey, does anyone know at what time (and which timezone) the episode will be released? Cause if I come on here and people have already played, I'm not going to be able to stop myself from peeking and spoiling everything.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Depends, did you get it from the Telltale store, Steam, an Xbox 360/ONE, a PS3/4 or an Android/IOS?

JumpyJoey posted: »

Hey, does anyone know at what time (and which timezone) the episode will be released? Cause if I come on here and people have already played, I'm not going to be able to stop myself from peeking and spoiling everything.

• Steam.

dojo32161 posted: »

Depends, did you get it from the Telltale store, Steam, an Xbox 360/ONE, a PS3/4 or an Android/IOS?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.