Ep2 Intro song vs. Ep3 intro song?

I'll start by saying that episode 2's intro was probably the best intro i've seen in a TTG.

That being said episode 3's intro song/intro credits weren't as cool as episode 2's.

Thoughts? I get that some people will like the new song but I liked episode 2's a lot more!

Comments

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

I love The Rapture and I love montages so ep 3's intro was a delight. They're all pretty great though!

• Nice to get a reply from the TT Staff! Episode 3s intro was in no way bad! ;) Keep em coming :D

• Epsiode 2's intro was cooler and had a better song. Episode 3's made me enjoy the characters more, though.

• I think ep 3's opening had a very different tone to the previous ones so it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges.

Ep 3's was a lot more light-hearted, and was used to convey the passage of time, whereas ep 2's was one (badass) moment in time, slowed down for dramatic effect that was hyper stylised/cinematic.

I think it was nice to have a bit of levity, and it really fit in with Gortys infectious positivity! There were also heaps of great little visual gags and referential moments (so great to see Athena playing Bunkers and Badasses) - I also love, love, love that there were fairly significant changes based on who you chose at the end of ep 2 (just one of the many reasons everyone needs to replay with the opposite choice to their original)!

Overall, I personally probably prefer ep 2's opening (which I think is complete and utter perfection which would have been virtually impossible to top) - but I still thoroughly enjoyed ep 3's, and think it did a phenomenal job of what it set out to do.

• I liked the intro, but the song didn't make me sway in my chair the way the previous two did. It may still grow on me though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.