My absolute favourite part of Catch a Ride (Jack choice spoilers)

I was already in awe of the dome, and then I fired up my ECHOeye and saw this:

Alt text

It made me audibly gasp - it was just so unexpected, so whimsical - I felt like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole. It was just so, so beautiful...

...aaannnddd then I started scanning things and whimsy gave way to hilarity:

Alt text
Alt text
Alt text
Alt text
Alt text

And if right now you're thinking to yourself "Damn, Jack why'd you have to spoil so many? Now I don't want to do a second playthrough." - this is just the tip of the iceberg, Kiddos!

So once I got finished scanning all available Jack-Apedia entries, I noticed Jack doing inappropriate things to Vaughn. I will let you discover that majesty yourself, as it looks far better in motion - but this is what I was greeted with when I stared at him for too long:

Alt text

Yep, that's Handsome Jack giving me the (double) finger. From whimsy to douchebaggery in a few short minutes.

I love him. I love this game. I love Telltale.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

I love him. I love this game. I love Telltale.

Aww, we love you too! <3

• Wow, so you only get this if you trusted Jack? Well, that's reason enough to have a Jack save right there, if you don't already!

Also, for some reason, I couldn't scan Vaughn or Fiona in my game, so thanks for the screenshots!

• OMFG this is hilarious hahaha don't regret my choice not to trust him tho :)

• I know buddy... I don't think I can have a non-Jack playthrough now... Too awesome to forget.

• Alt text

Oh, stop it you...

But seriously, every single member of Telltale should be really proud of this (including the TT pets) - thank you so much for all your hard work - it is genuinely appreciated, even when we come across as ravenous, insatiable, soon-hating beasts!

puzzlebox posted: »

I love him. I love this game. I love Telltale. Aww, we love you too!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I loved the "Jack-Apedia", i'm looking forward to seeing more in the next episode :D

• I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT

LMAO

• Jack dating service.

• I've already done my non-Jack playthrough and it was tough, man.

I don't know if I'm so blinded by my love for him - but I found him surprisingly reasonable even when I was pretty damn horrible to him. He came across as almost, rational - and even - fair? There was a definite method to his madness...

I know I sound like a crazy person right now, and the (almost) 70% of people who didn't pick him are reading this and thinking:

Alt text

But it's true!

I know buddy... I don't think I can have a non-Jack playthrough now... Too awesome to forget.

• I can't do that dude... I just can't. I'll maybe force myself to watch a let's play, but no more... I'll stick by Handsome Jack to the inevitable bitter end..

I've already done my non-Jack playthrough and it was tough, man. I don't know if I'm so blinded by my love for him - but I found him surp

• Alt text

Your loyalty is appreciated, Pumpkin.

I can't do that dude... I just can't. I'll maybe force myself to watch a let's play, but no more... I'll stick by Handsome Jack to the inevitable bitter end..

• edited June 2015

Did Jack show up a lot for you? I only got like, two scenes with him (if I remember right) the scene he said not to tell Athena of him and him telling me I should of picked him ("peace!"). Telltale did the Jack editing files thing I wanted, but I didn't get it o(╥﹏╥)o

Edit: Oh, and did Jack break the fourth wall on your side during the alliance thing?

• He's kinda reasonable but will betray you, because why not? The moment he's out of your head, it can blow up for all he cares! It's only self-preservation.

...but I do have 'trust Jack" save.

I've already done my non-Jack playthrough and it was tough, man. I don't know if I'm so blinded by my love for him - but I found him surp

• Thank You, Sir... ;_;

Your loyalty is appreciated, Pumpkin.

• Jack is very funny, I am very glad that I ve trusted him. This episode was a masterpiece Telltale you are real MVP. I love this game I was constantly laughing that is how funny it was.

• Yeah, it felt like Jack was barely in this episode. But fingers crossed that we'll get a lot of Jack scenes next episode since we're headed to Helios!

Dapnee posted: »

Did Jack show up a lot for you? I only got like, two scenes with him (if I remember right) the scene he said not to tell Athena of him and h

• Jack pointing things out to Rhys "And that's where I hit a guy, and that's where I spit in some guys face, oh wait, that was you."

I can see why they toned it down a bit, Jack was basically in every scene Rhys was in Ep. 2, so maybe they were worried it felt like too much? I was supposing he was just being avoiding Rhys cause I turned him down before.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Yeah, it felt like Jack was barely in this episode. But fingers crossed that we'll get a lot of Jack scenes next episode since we're headed to Helios!

• Wait, what? I trusted Jack, and it felt like he was in this episode a lot... Idk about trusting Fiona, but Jack definitely took the reigns if you followed Him, as you should have...

Yeah, it felt like Jack was barely in this episode. But fingers crossed that we'll get a lot of Jack scenes next episode since we're headed to Helios!

• We definitely do get more scenes with Jack - two more, I think. The first is the file one you're talking about - but it's not just written, we can see him too. And then there's another scene that's pretty much the most quintessential Jack thing in the world and which could only come from the decision we made (forgive the vagueness I'm trying not to be too spoilery!)

But no - we don't get the fourth wall gag which is freakin' hilarious, so I'm glad I did a Fiona playthrough too.

Dapnee posted: »

Did Jack show up a lot for you? I only got like, two scenes with him (if I remember right) the scene he said not to tell Athena of him and h

• I swear to god, that scene when Jack took over Rhys' (dead) body was incredible xD

• Yeah, also he's pretty pissed if you didn't trust him...

Wow, so you only get this if you trusted Jack? Well, that's reason enough to have a Jack save right there, if you don't already! Also, for some reason, I couldn't scan Vaughn or Fiona in my game, so thanks for the screenshots!

• edited June 2015

I dunno I did my "trusted FIona" letsplay first and he seemed reasonable and rational when he scolded us. But then I chose him and uh he's still an asshole. It was better in my head... and Rhys' head I'm sure.

• Everything with Jack this episode was amazing.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

So glad you liked all the Jack-a-pedia entries!! We had the inimitable Anthony Burch (lead writer of BL2) do all of the Jack-a-pedia by basically sending him my EchoEye stuff so he could make fun of it and dammit he knocked it out of the freaking park.

• After those Jack-Apedia entries, I feel bad for anyone who trusted Fiona in episode 2. It really takes you back to the hilarity of Borderlands 2!

• I laughed so hard because my first thought was, "Sooooo many fanfic writers are going to be pleased about this".

Crips posted: »

I swear to god, that scene when Jack took over Rhys' (dead) body was incredible xD

• I need to stop trying to be smart in this game and just do whatever seems like it would be the funniest option. I would have enjoyed the episode a lot more if I'd gone with Jack it looks like. There still would have been framerate/temporary freezing issues and writing that annoyed me a little but at least I would be laughing.

• I looked up a video of what happens if you say you don't trust him during the caravan ride and... Dang, sometimes I forget how freaking scary he can be. I don't think I'll be brave enough in any of my playthroughs to pick that option. O_O

DeityD posted: »

Yeah, also he's pretty pissed if you didn't trust him...

• Huh, so he can be even more pissed at us? xD I didn't even pick that option (cause yeah, I'm scared of him as it is). Gonna try that tomorrow.

I looked up a video of what happens if you say you don't trust him during the caravan ride and... Dang, sometimes I forget how freaking scary he can be. I don't think I'll be brave enough in any of my playthroughs to pick that option. O_O

• Jack is always scary. He just hides his nature to fool around that's all. So he'll kill you but well at least you smiled !

DeityD posted: »

Huh, so he can be even more pissed at us? xD I didn't even pick that option (cause yeah, I'm scared of him as it is). Gonna try that tomorrow.

• Agreed! Totally worth Rhys maybe losing his body for a while, just to get the Jack 'o Pedia!

• Thanks for sharing this. LOVE IT.

• Does Jack ships it too? Telltale, I need a clear answer on this one!

• Awww but seriously TT that wait was so totaly woth it! Epic episode I really love your company and I really hope that it's taking so long because you re wrote it so there will be a second season because by now it's a must have! I think it's the best game you made to this point! (Yes it declassed TWD S1)

puzzlebox posted: »

I love him. I love this game. I love Telltale. Aww, we love you too!

• Me too... I think that there will be more to Jack...actually I'm starting to kind off feel pity for him.

• Oooh, so Mr. Anthony wrote those? That's...good to know :D

stirpicus posted: »

So glad you liked all the Jack-a-pedia entries!! We had the inimitable Anthony Burch (lead writer of BL2) do all of the Jack-a-pedia by basi

• Jack-Apedia the only information source, we need. :)

• "I like hats..."

I wonder if Jack played the Borderlands version of TF2?

WE COULD GO CRAZY ON SHOPPING FOR VIRTUAL HATS THAT ARE ALSO ON FIRE AND HAVE A HEFTY PRICE TAG TOO.

• This was so frigging hilarious. Both Jack-apedia and Jacks antics in Echo Eye. He's such a grade-A douche xD

That said if you screwed up Rhys's chances with Sasha with your antics, Jackie-boy, the rewind button is under my thumb and a portion of Rhys's brain dedicated to his love of 'my little ponies' has a Jack-sized space in it. Just saying.....

• I really hope that it's taking so long because you re wrote it so there will be a second season

God, I hope you're right - I'm not ready to let these characters go yet! I know that given their popularity they'll very likely play a fairly large role in BL3 but that is a long way off yet, and as much as I love the main games we need more purely narrative time with the gang. The Borderlands universe is so, so expansive - there are just so many more things they can explore in-depth.

Here's hoping it gets a whole heap of (totally deserved) GOTY awards/nominations and hopefully snags a whole new bunch of devoted fans!

Leluch123 posted: »

Awww but seriously TT that wait was so totaly woth it! Epic episode I really love your company and I really hope that it's taking so long be

Sign in to comment in this discussion.