Some thoughts + I can't be the only one...

...That thinks that the telltale Borderlands setting is like.. 5x better than the actual games, right?
I mean, geez, Telltale. Kuddos for that. Coming from a big time Borderlands fan, you guys really did nail this.** I love you guys, like.. seriously. All of you, sick minded, eyeball-carrying crazy nutcases ;)**

On a few different sidenotes..

1. I am not one of them 'Shipper's normally, But the Rhys/Sasha moments this episode really melted my heart. I loved the two of them from the start, and really hoped their relationship would step it up a nudge. The moment the group split, and these two stuck together, I was squealing in my chair out of sheer happiness. And my God, did you guys make it turn out perfectly. That 'Romantic' option :Q_

A bunch of people on the forums seem to be a bit let down by the scenes, but I sincerely hope that Telltale keeps this path up. Not just for the sake of the storyline/relationships being consistent, but also to prevent my heart from being crushed.

1. Killing off Vasquez was a bit meh. He was a good character, I agree. But I can totally see where Telltale got the idea from. Gives you a good idea of what Queenpin Valory is all about. So I am on-board for an Assquez free game from this point on.

2. Could Gortys be any cuter? This whole episode is just filled with action and cuteness, and I love it. That mixture, added with the gore-y and comedic nature of the game feels so perfect to me.

3. The setting. The whole Dome atmosphere was great. It really felt fresh and new, but it totally fell like you were still in the same universe. Big kuddos for the people who shaped the enviroment because it was downright astounding.

4. The Jack. Can't finish a post without mentioning him. As always great. You cannot not love him. The second playthrough I just finished, in which I sided with him, felt awesome. Really new compaired to my 'Sticking with my friends' playthrough, giving me the feeling as if my choices really did matter. Which, come to think of it, really seemed to be a reoccuring feeling in this episode, thanks to the decision of Ep2's ending.

So there you have it! My thoughts on this masterpiece!
Take your time Telltale! Sure, we all complain a bunch about the time, but it sure is worth the wait!

**And please, don't change the whole Rhys/Sasha thing, no matter what other people might spam the forums with. My little teensy heart would break~ **

Comments

• A bunch of people on the forums seem to be a bit let down by the scenes, but I sincerely hope that Telltale keeps this path up. Not just for the sake of the storyline/relationships being consistent, but also to prevent my heart from being crushed.

I would love for them to give us a choice, I rather not be forced into romance or be forced to be an ass just because I don't find Sasha attractive at all.

• ...That thinks that the telltale Borderlands setting is like.. 5x better than the actual games, right? I mean, geez, Telltale. Kuddos for that. Coming from a big time Borderlands fan, you guys really did nail this.** I love you guys, like.. seriously. All of you, sick minded, eyeball-carrying crazy nutcases ;)**

Definitely agreed, the one thing I especially love is how beautiful so many of the settings look, not only the Gortys Facility caught my eye well but also the Atlas place where we look for the upgrade for Gortys. The game looks so gorgeous ;__;

• Pretty much this. I don't wanna have to be forced to be mean to a character I like. Choices please.

A bunch of people on the forums seem to be a bit let down by the scenes, but I sincerely hope that Telltale keeps this path up. Not just for

• I love how they bring up all kinds of creatures. As I remember, those little flying rock jellyfish things that we see in the terraformation facility are in Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. Plus we see Varkids (I think) after the bridge scene too.

Green613 posted: »

...That thinks that the telltale Borderlands setting is like.. 5x better than the actual games, right? I mean, geez, Telltale. Kuddos for th

• Bleeeeh~
    You have an opinion I do not agree with! bleeeh~

No, I totally agree. I can see how you guys could not like such scenes, but I am sure you can wiggle your way out of that with the 'Jungley' comment and such, turning an otherwise romantic scene into something more awkwardy-we-are-just-friends scene. At that point you'd just interpet it in any way you want, right? :o

A bunch of people on the forums seem to be a bit let down by the scenes, but I sincerely hope that Telltale keeps this path up. Not just for

• That's what I did try to go for...But still, it keeps getting forced with the flower scene and everything. Even with the choices I did go, it seemed like they still looked like they gave each other the googley eyes.

Cyanistic posted: »

Bleeeeh~ You have an opinion I do not agree with! bleeeh~ No, I totally agree. I can see how you guys could not like such scenes, but I

• Because they are totes adorable characters that, I'd think, would react like that with almost any decent looking person from the other sex in a magical, bio-luminescent forest xP

It may be forced, but I feel it adds to the story of how these people from different backgrounds seem to be totally compatible with eachother. Who knows? Maybe next episode we get some Fiona/Vaughn action that would be forced, and I'd be fine with that too.
    God forbid they bring back Athena, cause I totes felt like Fiona was sending her fibes in my playthrough o.o;

That's what I did try to go for...But still, it keeps getting forced with the flower scene and everything. Even with the choices I did go, it seemed like they still looked like they gave each other the googley eyes.

• I actually don't like Sasha, there are rare times I do. She usually is pretty rude and abrasive toward Rhys for little to no reason, I just don't seem them having any connection than "Sasha is cute".

So, sorry but I would rather be able to choose which person I hook up with because honestly, my Rhys has more going on with Fiona. She shares the same background but there's no option to choose her, which like I said, bugs me. If we happen to have Fiona/Vaughn then I wouldn't hate it because I like both of those characters but I could understand how someone wouldn't like that as much as I don't like this.

To add in, I don't think you'll have to worry about Athena if you watch or play a bit of the Pre-Sequel modern story.

Because they are totes adorable characters that, I'd think, would react like that with almost any decent looking person from the other sex i

• Haha, I appreciate your opinion. But like I said, ever since I started, I felt like those two hit it off pretty adorabely underneath the arena with his little 'Aw Shucks' comment. That's why I've been dying to see this stuff happen. Their sarcastic attitude to eachother is something I admire. That's exactly why I'd think that Fiona/Rhys could also be a thing, if it wasn't for them both being playable, and therefor kinda drawing away from the story and all.

Plus, I just prefer Sasha's unpredictability over Fiona's 'I-CAN-DECIDE-WHAT-TO-DO' mechanics :P

And yeah, I played the Pre-Sequel, so I know what's in store. But given most of the TftB's story is also set in the past, you never know what time the 'present' is set in, right? And wasn't Athena released at the end of the pre-sequel, if I remember correctly..? :O

I actually don't like Sasha, there are rare times I do. She usually is pretty rude and abrasive toward Rhys for little to no reason, I just

• I appreciate your opinion.

I appreciate yours too.

Still, I don't think they hit off well at all. I don't like Sasha so I don't find her sarcastically funny as I do more annoyingly bitchy...She shot dumpy. :(

Plus, I just prefer Sasha's unpredictability over Fiona's 'I-CAN-DECIDE-WHAT-TO-DO' mechanics

I mean...Fiona's playable so of course she has that mechanic.

But given most of the TftB's story is also set in the past, you never know what time the 'present' is set in, right? And wasn't Athena released at the end of the pre-sequel, if I remember correctly..?

Now, I know for a fact that Tales is set right before or during the interrogation at Sanctuary. It's pretty obvious too once you think about it. Mordy and Brick were sent to hunt Athena down, during the fight they say things like "Lillth will want to see this assassin" meaning Lillth hasn't seen her yet. As well that Lillth says in TPS that she almost killed her two best men (Mordy and Brick) and they are injured in the same way that Athena and Fiona does to them (Shot in the toe, injured in the stomach).

Athena is also technically released at the end of TPS but if you played the Claptrap DLC of TPS then you would notice that Athena is telling another story but she is free and hanging out with the rest of the gang at Sanctuary and she seems calm and happy. It wouldn't make sense for Mordy and Brick to insult her and say Lillth wants to see her if they already got all the info and everyone seemed fine with her.

Haha, I appreciate your opinion. But like I said, ever since I started, I felt like those two hit it off pretty adorabely underneath the are

• She shot dumpy

I'd have shot him too! He looked like any other hostile robot, just smaller :P

I mean...Fiona's playable so of course she has that mechanic.

But then you understand how it would feel to play two characters and already knowing how the other would respond to the advances :P

And about the whole Athena part. Surely once she is freed, she would be able to check up on the gang during the TftB present timeline, giving this timeline could be set way further in the future than her being released for all the developers want?
    My initial comment was more of a joke, so I am aware she will most likely not return. But it would not be completely impossible.

I appreciate your opinion. I appreciate yours too. Still, I don't think they hit off well at all. I don't like Sasha so I don't f

• I'd have shot him too! He looked like any other hostile robot, just smaller

But he saved her.

But then you understand how it would feel to play two characters and already knowing how the other would respond to the advances

But that adds to your characters. You could allow them to fall in love OR deny the other and have a funny little drama.

Well, I believe she could check on the gang but I believe we won't see her in the past story telling as she was brought in Episode 3 and probably kept locked up for the next 2. She could possibly be in the modern story telling but who knows except Telltale.

She shot dumpy I'd have shot him too! He looked like any other hostile robot, just smaller :P I mean...Fiona's playable so of

• @Athena, that is exactly what I meant. She could come back, but probably not. And if she does, then surely only in the present timeline.

But that adds to your characters. You could allow them to fall in love OR deny the other and have a funny little drama.

Bleh. I don't see the need to create a relationship between Rhys and Fiona purely as I see them as the two cornerstones keeping the group together. Having them become more would feel like the rest of the group gets left out or something.

Sure, it would be cool if the option exists, but as of now, I am happy we got some Sasha action happening so I can totally swoon over that idea ^~^

I'd have shot him too! He looked like any other hostile robot, just smaller But he saved her. But then you understand how it w

• Bleh. I don't see the need to create a relationship between Rhys and Fiona purely as I see them as the two cornerstones keeping the group together. Having them become more would feel like the rest of the group gets left out or something.

Well, you're starting to see how I feel about this Sasha romance. Also, not really, you could have Sasha and Vaughn get together, it still has the "Two people from different backgrounds getting together" vibe.

@Athena, that is exactly what I meant. She could come back, but probably not. And if she does, then surely only in the present timeline.

• But you'd have very little control over that situation, kinda like how Gortys and Loaderbot seem to be 'fusing their data' ifyouknowwhatimean ^.~

Plus, if you'd get it on with Sasha as Rhys, You still have Fiona to uphold the whole 'group' vibe. I certainly didn't feel like the group fell apart this episode at all :O

Bleh. I don't see the need to create a relationship between Rhys and Fiona purely as I see them as the two cornerstones keeping the group to

• But you'd have very little control over that situation, kinda like how Gortys and Loaderbot seem to be 'fusing their data' ifyouknowwhatimean ^.~

I loved that little romance, it felt so natural and sweet.

But you'd have very little control over that situation, kinda like how Gortys and Loaderbot seem to be 'fusing their data' ifyouknowwhatimea

• And that is how I felt with the whole Sasha part.
    To me, hoping something like this would happen, this all was very cute and adorable. What I don't understand is how people seem to forget that you pick one of Rhys' choices, and not your own. The least romantic option may be a little sugestive, but given the setting, it would feel hella weird if they would completely ignore the fibe :P

But you'd have very little control over that situation, kinda like how Gortys and Loaderbot seem to be 'fusing their data' ifyouknowwhatimean ^.~ I loved that little romance, it felt so natural and sweet.

• I still don't like it, I can understand how people do but I would rather have a choice. Personally if I was in a situation with someone that was only rude to me and who I didn't like but it was romantic...I still wouldn't be lovey dovey. I just hope we aren't forced into it like this episode, I'm okay with keeping the options but not being forced into them or being rude if you don't pick it.

And that is how I felt with the whole Sasha part. To me, hoping something like this would happen, this all was very cute and adorable. What

• I am sure that, IF telltale continues down this path (Fingers crossed. I'm loving it) they will give you an option to back out of it anyways! Look at TWD season 2 finale, where you get to choose who you kill and proceed with, etc. In a game about choices, I highly doubt they would create a predetermined relationship for you to be in :P

Either way! I hear what you are saying, and I get the frustration. But I love Sasha and Rhys to much together to not enjoy the scenes they do spent together, ever since episode 1 :P

I still don't like it, I can understand how people do but I would rather have a choice. Personally if I was in a situation with someone that

• I really hope they give the choice to back out. Still, if you want that then that's great and I hope you can keep playing the way you want but I prefer nothing forced.

I am sure that, IF telltale continues down this path (Fingers crossed. I'm loving it) they will give you an option to back out of it anyways

• And I understand that you don't feel satisfied right now, but I am a 100% sure they won't let you go on with something if you truly don't think it's right. Just prepare to have it be a bit awkward. Cause that is exactly what such situations would do between people that went through all the junk together as what Rhys and Sasha went through, I believe :O

I really hope they give the choice to back out. Still, if you want that then that's great and I hope you can keep playing the way you want but I prefer nothing forced.

• Eh, it will annoy me but it won't ruin the game for me.

And I understand that you don't feel satisfied right now, but I am a 100% sure they won't let you go on with something if you truly don't th

• You shouldn't let it! It's a masterpiece, with only 3 episodes out already.

Somehow it makes me feel like it will share a #1 spot on my best TT game list once it's fully available :o

Eh, it will annoy me but it won't ruin the game for me.

• Definitely my favorite Telltale game to date!

You shouldn't let it! It's a masterpiece, with only 3 episodes out already. Somehow it makes me feel like it will share a #1 spot on my best TT game list once it's fully available

• And there is soooo much more to look forward to!

Cough Rhys/Sasha-action cough

Definitely my favorite Telltale game to date!

• Cough Jack, Loaderbot, Gortys, Vault, Fiona, Rhys, Vaughn Cough

And there is soooo much more to look forward to! Cough Rhys/Sasha-action cough

• I really want to see a clip of the "Romantic" option.

• edited June 2015

I'm also for Rhys and Sasha getting togethere. As an option.

• Trust me. It's the best.
    I have a second playthrough where I go for complete opposite choices, just to see the outcome, and that was the only choice I could not switch, cause it tickles my heart :3

Echopapa posted: »

I really want to see a clip of the "Romantic" option.

• I guess I'm going to have to replay the episode just for that -.-

I don't think you can rewind in TFTBL can you?

Trust me. It's the best. I have a second playthrough where I go for complete opposite choices, just to see the outcome, and that was the only choice I could not switch, cause it tickles my heart

• I'm pretty sure you'd have to rewind the whole episode for that :O

Echopapa posted: »

I guess I'm going to have to replay the episode just for that -.- I don't think you can rewind in TFTBL can you?

• Welllll.... shit.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to rewind the whole episode for that :O

• Hey, hey Wolf >.> <.< what if, it'd been Fiona and Rhys instead?

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Pretty much this. I don't wanna have to be forced to be mean to a character I like. Choices please.

• Choices. It wouldn't be fair the other way around either.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Hey, hey Wolf >.> <.< what if, it'd been Fiona and Rhys instead?

• It's as fair as having an out-of-nowhere relationship with Carly in TWD episode 2 just because you picked her over Doug :P
    Plus, you received choices in this instance, so it's about ten times more fair xD

Choices. It wouldn't be fair the other way around either.

• I think Beyond Two Souls had something like that, you could decide if to be in a relationship with that dude guy....person...I never liked him. I just porked him for the trophy XD

Choices. It wouldn't be fair the other way around either.

• See but that's the thing: I can avoid getting romantic with Sasha but I have to be pretty rude to her and I like her character, I don't wanna hurt her. :/

It's as fair as having an out-of-nowhere relationship with Carly in TWD episode 2 just because you picked her over Doug :P Plus, you received choices in this instance, so it's about ten times more fair xD

• WOW

you used him

shame on you Lilac :P

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I think Beyond Two Souls had something like that, you could decide if to be in a relationship with that dude guy....person...I never liked him. I just porked him for the trophy XD

• You don't hurt her by telling the place looks beautiful, or not giving her a flower, do you? Just because you are nice to someone, doesn't mean you are flirting!

I am getting the feeling 90% of the forums think that any kind gesture to a female would be considered you coming on to them :x

See but that's the thing: I can avoid getting romantic with Sasha but I have to be pretty rude to her and I like her character, I don't wanna hurt her.

• No, but the atmosphere is clearly set up to be shippy so I didn't want to risk it; sometimes in Telltale dialogue options give you something you weren't expecting (Lee yelling at Clementine despite me not wanting him to comes to mind) so who knows what response you'd get in certain dialogue.

Also, I would be pretty unhappy if I thought someone was gonna give me something and then they kept it. ;P Even though I'm not a girl, still.

You don't hurt her by telling the place looks beautiful, or not giving her a flower, do you? Just because you are nice to someone, doesn't m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.