My only two criticisms for Episode 3.....

1. Vallory. I really liked Vallory in the beginning, she seemed like a very intriguing villain, helping Fiona up and even letting her blame one of the guys. The preview at the end of Episode 2 also made it seem like she has alot more interest in Fiona. Unfortunately immediately after that she turned into the stereotypical c*nt. Was a little disappointed about that.

2. Why can´t I kill people?????? Yeah sure Vasquez but that was more indirect. I mean I shot August in the beginning, turns out he´s barely hurt. I tell Loaderbot to kill him in the chase but he doesn´t (clearly August will be part of the story later on but still). I burn that bounty hunter dude, he comes back. I corrode him again, he´s fine. I get the freaking crossbow, well it just shoots ropes. Seriously what is this some PG13 Lego game? Come on guys, give our heroes some guts for crying out loud.....

Besides that the Episode was imo the best this season.

Comments

1. Fair enough. Didn't really see that much of her to get a read on Vallory other than that she's dangerous myself so I'll reserve judgement.

2. Pretty sure general Eyeball is now dead, though that doesnt really count. And the bandits that were with Grease-face along with the man himself. Aaaaand few bandits from the race. And a whole bunch of bandits got killed indirectly by Handsome Rhys. And Rhys most certainly directly shot off Walletheads arm with a bot leaving a gruesome bloody stump. We just don't get to kill anyone important. You need the shotgun of plot-armor penetration for that :p

• edited June 2015

Killing a bunch of throw away bandits doesn´t count. One of the most satisfying moments in TWAU to me was ripping out the Tweedle´s throat. I still get mildly aroused thinking about that. Nothing more pleasing than being in a situation where you can kill some bad guys who overstayed their welcome and will most certainly try to kill you again in the future, and then actually kill them. Like for example at least one of those two bounty hunters.

* Fair enough. Didn't really see that much of her to get a read on Vallory other than that she's dangerous myself so I'll reserve judgement.

1. Well, gotta agree with it on some level. However, I didn't expect too much of her, except being kinda typical villain.
    2. This is only my opinion, but that is the point of Fiona and Rhys! They're Vault Hunters, but they're not badass killers/assassins. Their only strengths are their tongues and ability to con people. Sure, Fiona got some training in this episode, but her main trait still remained outsmarting her enemies, not outshooting them. Killing is just not their type :)
  • The moments I mentioned were totally "Death" moments, the baddies just survived them because of cartoon logic.

armis37 posted: »

* Well, gotta agree with it on some level. However, I didn't expect too much of her, except being kinda typical villain. * This is only my

• Well, Vasquez is dead. The shot towards August could be a miss, you never know. Loader-Bot often doesn't give a fuck about what you have to say, from my experience xD Also, he may have been more concerned with the well-being of Gortys :) That dude (Finch was his name, I believe) is known to withstand shots to the face since Ep. 2. He said he even takes bets on it.

There were some moments where people could really be killed, but I believe it's not in our heroes' nature to murder :)

JackMarco posted: »

The moments I mentioned were totally "Death" moments, the baddies just survived them because of cartoon logic.

• edited June 2015

Tell that to the Psycho who got an Axe smashed in his head by Fiona or the Bandit who "almost" got his neck broken by Rhys XD

I don´t think those two have any problem killing when it comes to protecting themselfes or their friends. If that crossbow had an arrow in it instead of a rope I´m sure Fiona would have still shot him.

Those really felt like "TellTale won´t let that happen" kind of moments.

Well, Vasquez is dead. The shot towards August could be a miss, you never know. Loader-Bot often doesn't give a fuck about what you have to

• edited June 2015

"Almost' xD

Some of them did. Some of them didn't. I'm sure that in later episodes we'll see Fiona killing something more than usual bandits :)

Tell that to the Psycho who got an Axe smashed in his head by Fiona or the Bandit who "almost" got his neck broken by Rhys XD I don´t thi

• Maybe she will even go as far as shooting an oversized plant :O

"Almost' xD Some of them did. Some of them didn't. I'm sure that in later episodes we'll see Fiona killing something more than usual bandits

• No way man, that'd be over the top O.O

Cyanistic posted: »

Maybe she will even go as far as shooting an oversized plant :O

• edited June 2015

Don't really have anything to say besides being surprised this wasn't mentioned:

2. Felix is pretty dead depending entirely on your choice. You can even shoot him if letting him blow up wasn't direct enough murder for you.

• I think it was because the characters are still going to be relevant later in the plot. I think that its a little building up until we actually get to kill them, you know, more satisfaction towards the ending instead of killing everyone off in the beginning.

Tell that to the Psycho who got an Axe smashed in his head by Fiona or the Bandit who "almost" got his neck broken by Rhys XD I don´t thi

• I don't see why not killing them is important for you when you clearly realize they'll be important later on.

• I still get mildly aroused thinking about that.

Alt text

Killing a bunch of throw away bandits doesn´t count. One of the most satisfying moments in TWAU to me was ripping out the Tweedle´s throat.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

I honestly prefer that Finch and Kroger survive

1, because Bigby and Lee tag-team, and 2, so we can just keep kicking their asses in increasingly ridiculous ways like Harry and Marv in Home Alone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.