Fiona And Athena?

This is not a ship thread, let me explain that from the start :P

Pairings in the Episode 3 started some romantic scenes for Rhyss and Sasha but on the other hand Fiona was very concerned for her and angry at the same time when she got hit. Also there was a quick chat about Atlas's girfriend and how hard it is to keep the lies going. Can that be a hint for the future. Does Fiona look like she is into her? :P Just curious what you guys think? They are a great team as well.

PS: I may have screwed up the name "Athena". If the character has another name you can punch me. But one time. pls.

Comments

• Just to let you know, Her name is Athena.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2015

If the character has another name you can punch me. But one time. pls.

Well, if you insist...

Alt text

• Thanks for the heads up. You can use the punch anytime, use it wisely Jedi.

Supergirl66 posted: »

Just to let you know, Her name is Athena.

• I got punched 100 times dude. Not cool...

dojo32161 posted: »

If the character has another name you can punch me. But one time. pls. Well, if you insist...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2015

Sorry I get a little overexcited when it comes to violence.

ata95 posted: »

I got punched 100 times dude. Not cool...

• i doubt it, Janey has Athena by the balls (figuratively) if there's one thing super duper Atlas assassin is scared of, it's pissing off her missus (GAP MOE BEST MOE)

and honestly, i'm pretty sure Fiona cared for Athena just as a mentor figure, it was kind of like in that one Star Wars movie where that one jedi master gets offed in front of his disciple after saving him, or like in the gajillion other movies/games/books where the trope is used.

• edited June 2015

When I saw all that Rhys and Sasha stuff and it kept switching back to Fiona and Athena, for the longest time I really struggled to figure out if two were going to get some shippy love too. But then I remember Athena had a girlfriend and I figured Fiona's hyperness was probably from learning to be a Vault Hunter while fighting Final Fantasy plant things XD

• I think Fiona just admires Athena because of her badassery, nothing romantic-like. Athena showed her how to be a badass and introduced her to what it's like actually hunting a Vault. I doubt that there's anything developing between the two in that way, especially as Athena is already spoken for. I think that Athena, if anything, is more of Fiona's hero than a romantic interest.

• so is that it for Athena?? i mean i never played any of the Borderland games and they said in the comments that when those 2 guys took her thats the start of the prequel sequel.

so no more athena?

• edited September 2015

Janey has Athena by the balls (figuratively)

Sorry to bump this thread but OMFG LMFAO

Aaira posted: »

i doubt it, Janey has Athena by the balls (figuratively) if there's one thing super duper Atlas assassin is scared of, it's pissing off her

• Nah Fiona and Athena just care for each other, I heard some unused audio about Athena talking to Rhys about how this is just a job. Athena did save Fiona at the end of episode 3 so it basically shows that she's grown on Fiona and cares for her enough to leave herself vulnerable to VHs and a Rocket Launcher. So that beheading thing is now all water under the bridge......

• Was it worth it?

Janey has Athena by the balls (figuratively) Sorry to bump this thread but OMFG LMFAO

• edited September 2015

Nope, I'll go bury myself alive in a shallow grave now. It's for the best.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Was it worth it?

• edited September 2015

Her exit from the story is meant to link up with the plot device in TPS where Athena is captured by Mordy and Brick, so Lilith gets to interrogate her (and then everyone loses their minds and wrongfully blames Lilith for everything). She doesn't die in TPS. Athena is mostly likely alive in the "present" scenes of the game. And there is a strong possibility she is the Stranger.

Just realized you posted this in June so.............

jamex1223 posted: »

so is that it for Athena?? i mean i never played any of the Borderland games and they said in the comments that when those 2 guys took her thats the start of the prequel sequel. so no more athena?

• Athena is Fiona's mentor. She's supposed to also mentor Sasha, but I guess Fiona has more potential. I personally like to compare it to JD's and Dr. Cox's relationship, and the whole fact that Athena gets so pissed at them at the start of Ep. 3 falls right in line with that. Also that Athena has a much more cynical view of the universe while Fiona, I would'nt say it's innocent but in Athena's eye Fiona probably is very green.

• I 100% came away from episode 3 feeling like Fiona has a huge crush on Athena (though I was less sure the feeling was mutual). There was a lot of playing with her hair every time she talked to her, the way she looked at her... I was like, "oh, Fiona is gay and she has a massive crush on her" but then Athena got sidelined and I was like "welp, so much for that interesting bit of development." I talked about in a couple other threads that I was surprised when I finally joined the forums that it seemed I was sort of alone in how I interpreted it, but that's fine. But yeah, it definitely read that way to me.

• From my point of view, the relationship between Fiona and Athena is one of respect and admiration from Fiona. She obviously care for Athena because she is her mentor and her friend.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.