Confirmation for Claptrap???

Is there any confirmation or hints that Claptrap will be in TFTB?

Note: If any Telltale staff (like @puzzlebox) seeing this, please don't spoil Claptrap's role. That is, if the stair hating robot appears.

Comments

• edited May 2015

He will be. Its already confirmed. It better be at least.

• He'll appear, don't worry. During a conference, the CEO Kevin Bruner said: "It isn't Borderlands without Claptrap"

• YES!
    Metaphorical ship!

AlfMusic posted: »

He'll appear, don't worry. During a conference, the CEO Kevin Bruner said: "It isn't Borderlands without Claptrap"

• Hopefully his role doesn't involve it being a determined death.

AlfMusic posted: »

He'll appear, don't worry. During a conference, the CEO Kevin Bruner said: "It isn't Borderlands without Claptrap"

• Well if he is in it hopefully it's kept to a bare minimum.

• Or for however Telltale wants it to be, I rather have a good amount of Claptrap. I love his character.

Well if he is in it hopefully it's kept to a bare minimum.

• And if he becomes part of the group, I would like it if the mainframe song is used an opening sequence.

Or for however Telltale wants it to be, I rather have a good amount of Claptrap. I love his character.

• Don't even remind me of that crime against song nature.

matteso586 posted: »

And if he becomes part of the group, I would like it if the mainframe song is used an opening sequence.

• You hate that song, eh?

Don't even remind me of that crime against song nature.

• trust me bro ive asked to be in this game but they just laugh at me... ill get my minions on them then theyll see i AM A FORCE. OF NATURE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• I doubt gearbox would allow them to kill him since he's the mascot

Hopefully his role doesn't involve it being a determined death.

• Shut up, Claptrap.

CL4P-TR4P posted: »

trust me bro ive asked to be in this game but they just laugh at me... ill get my minions on them then theyll see i AM A FORCE. OF NATURE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• I was being sarcastic...Mostly. :P

You hate that song, eh?

• You can't make a Borderlands anything without Claptrap, it's illegal.
    He'll probably turn up near the end and save everyone again.

• His model has been in the game files since Episode 1. Telltale wouldn't spend money and resources on creating a model for the guy if they did not plan on using him.

• Or he'll say something stupid in the end and ruin everything.

Aaira posted: »

You can't make a Borderlands anything without Claptrap, it's illegal. He'll probably turn up near the end and save everyone again.

• While that's a good indicator he might be in the game, Telltale likely got the model and textures from Gearbox (maybe some small tweaks as needed). Anyway, Claptrap was in Telltale's Poker Night 2, so they wouldn't have to expend any resources to get him in the game files.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

His model has been in the game files since Episode 1. Telltale wouldn't spend money and resources on creating a model for the guy if they did not plan on using him.

• But they run on different engines (Models from earlier Telltale Games don't work in newer Telltale Games), so why would they have that model there if they did not plan on using it? ((This model does work, as someone swapped a character in TTGoT with it for a video. Either updated from Poker Night or new completely?)) I'm not so sure they'd get the model and textures from Gearbox, though, seeing as the model would be useless to them due to the engine being different.

Bluebirdo posted: »

While that's a good indicator he might be in the game, Telltale likely got the model and textures from Gearbox (maybe some small tweaks as n

• Well, on Telltale Tales from Borderlands site, in screens to episode 1 there is Claptrap behind Bossanova's right hand.

Alt text

• lol

Bluebirdo posted: »

Or he'll say something stupid in the end and ruin everything.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

its also in the trailer, you can see claptrap. but ingame the screen that claptrap suppose to be on is broken. maybe originaly he was suppose to take part in the episode

Janek95 posted: »

Well, on Telltale Tales from Borderlands site, in screens to episode 1 there is Claptrap behind Bossanova's right hand.

• claptrap could be quite a big part of the story who knows?

• i want to be in the game but the guys over at telltale do not uderstand my genius and therefore will not respond to my requests to be in an episode. jerks.

• HOW DARE YOU I AM ABOVE YOU IN SOCIAL HIERACHARY AND I DEMAND YOUR RESPECT YOU! YOU! MEANY! i expect an apology within 24 hours or you shall face the wrath of my loyal and fearless minion! I am the catalyst behind Handsome Jacks downfall. fear me.

Shut up, Claptrap.

• So far there is no confirmation that Claptrap will be in a future episode. Lets hope not.

• Yeah, yeah...

shoves Claptrap aside casually

By the way, Claptrap? Check this out.

walks up stairs, turns around, folds his arms and grins at Claptrap as he looks down on him mischieviously

Whatcha gonna do?

HOW DARE YOU I AM ABOVE YOU IN SOCIAL HIERACHARY AND I DEMAND YOUR RESPECT YOU! YOU! MEANY! i expect an apology within 24 hours or you shall face the wrath of my loyal and fearless minion! I am the catalyst behind Handsome Jacks downfall. fear me.

• May the force be with you, my robotic friend.

trust me bro ive asked to be in this game but they just laugh at me... ill get my minions on them then theyll see i AM A FORCE. OF NATURE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Excuse me while I go find a ramp :'(

Yeah, yeah... shoves Claptrap aside casually By the way, Claptrap? Check this out. walks up stairs, turns around, folds his arms and grins at Claptrap as he looks down on him mischieviously Whatcha gonna do?

• I don't know about you, but something tells me that Claptrap might go gaga over Gortys if the two robots meet. And if the former is in episode 4 and/or 5.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.