Did ****** die?

Did athena actually die? I know that she got shot by the rocket launcher but it didn't seem very clear if she died or not. Is she dead?

Comments

• Just hurt.

• She's not dead.

• edited June 2015

No, she did not. Fun Fact: the ending of BLTPS is after what happens to her in TFTB.

• How to know more about Athena :) :

1) Play Borderlands 1 and more specifically the General Knoxx Armory DLC. You'll know about her life before Borderlands Pre-Sequel.

2) Play Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (might want to play Borderlands 2 before that though...) and you'll know what happens to her before Borderlands 2, and also what happens after Tales From The Borderlands after she "eats" the rockets.

Why it's nice to have played the Borderlands franchise is also because "you'd know/guess" that the rocket launcher used by the Queenpin is Bandit made (red colour & shoots 3 mini rockets instead of just one like usual rocket launchers) and thus packs much much much less power than a normal rocket launcher. <= true story btw !

:)

• Wait. I thought the official timeline was Borderlands 1, then Pre Sequel, then Borderlands 2, then Telltales Borderlands. Jack is dead after all in TFTBL which happens after Borderlands 2

• Yeah everyone's saying the Pre Sequel happens after TFTBL but it doesn't correct me if I'm wrong but Jack is perfectly alive in Pre Sequel but dead in TFTBL. Plus Pre Sequel= before Sequel so that would put it before 2 but after 1

PoopBrown posted: »

Wait. I thought the official timeline was Borderlands 1, then Pre Sequel, then Borderlands 2, then Telltales Borderlands. Jack is dead after all in TFTBL which happens after Borderlands 2

• Pre-Sequel gameplay is after Borderlands and before Borderlands 2, BUT the whole game is actually a story of the past told by Athena when she was captured by Brick and Mordecai. The opening cutscene is her captured and then telling Lilith about when she used to work for Jack.

PoopBrown posted: »

Wait. I thought the official timeline was Borderlands 1, then Pre Sequel, then Borderlands 2, then Telltales Borderlands. Jack is dead after all in TFTBL which happens after Borderlands 2

• Oh OK thanks, never actually got to play the Pre Sequel. I'm new to the series and loving it's lore though! I'll have to read up on it. Thanks for clarifying :D

mirashade posted: »

Pre-Sequel gameplay is after Borderlands and before Borderlands 2, BUT the whole game is actually a story of the past told by Athena when sh

• I hope not. I am just beginning to like her.

• edited June 2015

yes, she's dead, TPS Athena is actually a magical space ghost

source: my uncle works at Gearbox

• Liked for the sarcasm.

Aaira posted: »

yes, she's dead, TPS Athena is actually a magical space ghost source: my uncle works at Gearbox

• She is alive. She gets taken to Sanctuary and questioned by Lilith. Athena then proceeds to tell Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick (and Tiny Tina if you replay) about her past working for Handsome Jack. Play BLTPS if you want to know more (you can play as Athena).

• The order goes... BL1, BLTPS, BL2, TFTB... it's been confirmed..

nursethalia posted: »

She is alive. She gets taken to Sanctuary and questioned by Lilith. Athena then proceeds to tell Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick (and Tiny Tina

• edited June 2015

The timeline of the Borderlands franchise can be confusing because of the way The Pre-Sequel (TPS) has been done, but at the same time it's really nice.

It goes like this (so far) for what happens when :

Borderlands 1 / TPS gameplay / Borderlands 2 / Tales / TPS story told by a character.

Since I'm a fan of Athena, I recently made a Timeline picture, but it has spoilers if you haven't played BL1 and the General Knoxx DLC, BL2, TPS, Claptastic voyage & Tales.

Link here : but spoilers ok ? So only look at it if you have played all those or are extremely sure you won't. In the case you're not sure and might play those games : do not go to this link. Well you can, since there is an additional step before spoilers but it won't help anyway.

• That timeline is awesome - nice work!

Shoogli posted: »

The timeline of the Borderlands franchise can be confusing because of the way The Pre-Sequel (TPS) has been done, but at the same time it's

• Thank you :) !

That timeline is awesome - nice work!

• Pshh, like a shield can't take a rocket launcher

• This is the thing though : I'm not sure she actually was able to totally grab it and activate it before being hit by the rockets.

Then again I'll say it again : the rocket-launcher used by Vallory is a Bandit-made RL (you see this because it's red and also because it shoots volleys of 3 rockets instead of just one), and this explains why it doesn't kill her : Bandit Rocket Launchers are weak in Borderlands 2 and TPS.

Pshh, like a shield can't take a rocket launcher

• Athena is seen in the intro of The Pre-Sequel where Sanctuary is floating (meaning after Borderlands 2), brought in by Brick & Mordecai. She is then questioned by Lilith. The main game is a flashback which she narrates.

And we just saw Athena being taken by Brick and Mordecai.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The order goes... BL1, BLTPS, BL2, TFTB... it's been confirmed..

• bandits weapons are shit compared to anything else but rocket launchers still powerfull. anyway i dont think borderlands mechanics are exactly canon to tales at least not all of them

How to know more about Athena : 1) Play Borderlands 1 and more specifically the General Knoxx Armory DLC. You'll know about her life bef

• I wasn't talking about her actual shield, I was talking about those shields mostly everyone in pandora wear on their hips, you know the ones that act as your secondary health, Rhys can pick one up at the end of EP 1

This is the thing though : I'm not sure she actually was able to totally grab it and activate it before being hit by the rockets. Then ag

• dont worry, she is very much alive but i doubt you will see her again in tales. unless there will be a part were we go to sanctuary or you will met her in the currect time (outside of rhyse and fiona story)

AronDracula posted: »

I hope not. I am just beginning to like her.

• That's actually pretty confusing. If we're counting TPS as the flashbacks or Athenas interrogation. Weird o.O

Athena is seen in the intro of The Pre-Sequel where Sanctuary is floating (meaning after Borderlands 2), brought in by Brick & Mordecai.

• Dammit, I know what you mean, she is from the Borderlands Pre-Sequel.

clap-tp posted: »

dont worry, she is very much alive but i doubt you will see her again in tales. unless there will be a part were we go to sanctuary or you will met her in the currect time (outside of rhyse and fiona story)

• it goes something like this

BL1>BLtPS(flashbacks)>BL2>TFtBL(flashbacks)>BLtPS(interrogation)>TFtBL(interrogation)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

That's actually pretty confusing. If we're counting TPS as the flashbacks or Athenas interrogation. Weird o.O

• HERESY !!!!

Ha ha kidding. But shhhh : stop spoiling my attempts at explaining to people why she doesn't die =P !

clap-tp posted: »

bandits weapons are shit compared to anything else but rocket launchers still powerfull. anyway i dont think borderlands mechanics are exactly canon to tales at least not all of them

• Oh right lol OOOPS :D !

Well let's just say she was using a Maylay one with a long recharge delay and it got depleted during the fight :p !
    In other words she forgot to swap specs and still was in her heavy Xiphos/Ceraunic spec instead of the usual Phalanx one for tanking.

^_^

I wasn't talking about her actual shield, I was talking about those shields mostly everyone in pandora wear on their hips, you know the ones that act as your secondary health, Rhys can pick one up at the end of EP 1

• She's alive. She gets taken to the sanctuary and is questioned by Lilith

Sign in to comment in this discussion.