I Now Feel That I Want Revenge and Handsome Jack Was Right

Comments

• So, man, are you trying to get me mad against Mordecai and Brick, and even Lilith... Well, good luck with that. Unless... I don't know, they kill Sasha or something, Mordecai was my first Borderlands character. There's an special place to that in my hearth, you know XD. I mean, shooting him was cool :) but in the end... We can't be enemies.

Anyway yeah, we have to rescue Athena. After we killed Vallory putting her rocket launcher as a suppository. And maybe kick Brick in the balls. But in the end I'm sure we're going to share the same goal. I mean, C'mon. Vault Hunters are the good guys. Or the most cool guys in Pandora. They can't be enemies of Rhys and Fiona. They're cool to XD. At the end we share the same goal. Kill Handsome Jack. Again.

• Nah, I always shot him in the face. Made me feel better.

• edited June 2015

Did you forget the whole torture events of Patricia Tannis, after torturing and killing the guy she kindof had a crush on ?

Or the killing of this woman with the burnt face (pheromone pendant) told by the echos in the ice shelf (wasn't she the mayor of the main hub in BL1 btw ?)

;)

Jack is probably one of the most horrible and cruel villain, more than Palpatine, more than the Joker or whatever...

Something tells me all the people that think Jack is nice and the Vault-Hunters are evil never played BL2 or TPS...

LawmanZero posted: »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA! Hey, Jack may WAY more sympathetic here, but remember, he can possess your body and alienate your friends, and

• Hmmm. Don't play the Pre Sequel first. Try and play Borderlands 2. You'll spoil yourself a lot of you play TPS first. BL2's more fun, and yes, Mordecai-he's the guy with the legendary revolver in Ep 3-was sniping the place after Jack decided to, er, experiment on his bird. For teh funnies.

BL2's got better writing, better gameplay, better story, while TPS is the same thing, so it's a bit stale. Trust me, you'll get tired of TPS quickly if you don't have Claptastic Voyage, while it will take you a long time to get tired of BL2.

Tolispro posted: »

First borderlands game I played was the pre sequel without knowing anything about the borderland series.I chose Athena but I never finished

• Also, Gunslinger Mordecai.

GUNSLINGER MORDECAI, ONE-HANDED TRUXICAN DEATH MACHINE.

• Shooting him in the dick was fun. And joyous. I'll see if I can't shoot him in the abdomen once I finish my Maya playthrough.

Nah, I always shot him in the face. Made me feel better.

• edited June 2015

Well, it was a chair, Shoogli. A chair. But it was a handsome, dashing, manly chair descended from French Royalty that lived on the ceiling, and it was important to Tannis for reasons I don't want to know.

Poor Helena Pierce. I also learned Jack LIES. He said he'd let all those women and children go, and then half of the remaining survivors of New Haven die.

I wouldn't say that he's THAT horrible-Palpatine's much worse-but Jack's a Classic Villain. He's arrogant. He's a bully. He's rich. He's full of rage and anger and violence. He's got a very distinctive appearance. And, like Sauron, he dies in a volcanic area. Hell, he's also very, very Orwellian, and so is his rule of Pandora. Definitely one of the best villains in video gaming history.

Some of the reasons to why lots of people think Jack is nice is that either some people are crazy and emotionally identify with Jack for some insane reason, some people still think in Black and White, some people are trying to cover up their misogynic hatred of Lilith and Moxxi by blaming them and pointing out how they made Jack EVULZ, some people just want to make great villains too sympathetic, etc, etc...

Shoogli posted: »

Did you forget the whole torture events of Patricia Tannis, after torturing and killing the guy she kindof had a crush on ? Or the killin

• You're completely right, that makes sense. I still think he was being way too nice in TPS, just my personal opinion. He was written in such a way to convince you that he's the good guy, but unfortunately I kept the events of BL1 in mind and I couldn't listen to any of his bullshit when I knew he's the real villain.

Sadly, there's a bunch of people now who actually think he's the good guy in all of this, because they weren't paying attention during BL1 and BL2 and believed the bullshit he was saying during TPS.

Either he's lying and deceiving you the entire time, or TPS's writers didn't take the story of BL1 into consideration and changed Jack's per

• edited June 2015

And, "HE LOOKS CUTE ERMAHGAD"

Heeey, remember Borderlands 2-

"SHUT UP HOT GUY AHEAD".

FFS.

You're completely right, that makes sense. I still think he was being way too nice in TPS, just my personal opinion. He was written in such

• I feel you dude. I realized I cared more for Mordecai and Brick than any of the Tales characters, I even laughed when Brick punched Fiona. Pretty sure I'm in the minority though.

• Well, veteran Borderlands players feel that way.

Athena fans and the ones lucky enough to discover Pandora for the first time...don't.

I feel you dude. I realized I cared more for Mordecai and Brick than any of the Tales characters, I even laughed when Brick punched Fiona. Pretty sure I'm in the minority though.

• Jack is the goddamn hero of the story. These Va- BANDITS, must be punished. Pandora could have been paradise.

The only one I truly 100% without a doubt want dead is a certain bitch named Lilith. She killed the hero of the story.

• edited June 2015

Bu-Bu-Bu-But I shot him in the Sternum! How come she gets the credit?

Jack is the goddamn hero of the story. These Va- BANDITS, must be punished. Pandora could have been paradise. The only one I truly 100% without a doubt want dead is a certain bitch named Lilith. She killed the hero of the story.

• See this is the thing. Pandora has no good guys just lesser evils. Even Rhys and Fiona have done some pretty dark things when it comes to are own moral living. (if they lived in are real world we see them as evil people) See the main problem is Pandora is stuck in this endless cycle of hate when one kill's some one the other kills one of there's for what they believe is the greater good, and all we are doing is going down the list now that Jack (or a least the real jack) is dead we now target what we believe to be the next threat (with the greater evil dead we start to the lesser evils more closely) and in this case it seems to be Lilith people have targeted and if we were to kill her i guaranteed we just head to what we believe is the next evil witch many people believe to be Moxxi. Are we right to want to kill them who knows again there are no heroes just lesser evils (Brick himself is in charge of a hole bunch of killing psycho that he himself kills for fun) and in terms of the story line of TFTB the greater evil is Queenpin Vallory but remember not that long ago Vasquez was the greater evil until he was killed. Its the never ending war for the Borderlands no ones hands are clean.

• No place for a hero, jordan. The only people CLOSE to being a hero, or at least the nicest out of all the Vault Hunters are Roland, Maya, Timothy, and Michael Mamaril, even though he's not an official Vault Hunter, he's still been battling Jack offscreen and having adventures on his own for 3 years.

For those of you who don't know who he is, here's a link. You'll need tissues.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Mamaril

jdgjordan posted: »

See this is the thing. Pandora has no good guys just lesser evils. Even Rhys and Fiona have done some pretty dark things when it comes to ar

• I actually feel bad for Jack. He's gone through a life of crap...Child abuse, abuse from peers, his wife's death, constant betrayals, and ultimately having an all powerful alien artifact being crushed into your face. Any of that would create the monster we know and love.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA! Hey, Jack may WAY more sympathetic here, but remember, he can possess your body and alienate your friends, and

• his wife's death

I wouldn't feel too bad about that...

He admitted to killing his first wife in his AMA. Now it's not clear how many wives he's had - or if the wife he's talking about is Angel's mother - but I think it's fair to assume once a wife-murderer, always a wife-murderer...

I actually feel bad for Jack. He's gone through a life of crap...Child abuse, abuse from peers, his wife's death, constant betrayals, and ul

• Well maybe she tried to take Angel away and he saw this as a betrayal. Of course that doesn't make it right but he probably saw her as the bad guy taking away his little girl and furthering his hero complex.

his wife's death I wouldn't feel too bad about that... He admitted to killing his first wife in his AMA. Now it's not clear how m

• Helena Pierce ! Thanks ! Couldn't remember the name.

Well still, no matter what lvl, if it's Palpatine or if it's a little less, it's still an horrible villain.

And I really do think that most of the people here saying he's not that bad and all, they didn't play BL2 or TPS : they'd be horrified really... I mean I think the very first extremely evil thing we hear of him is the Helena Pierce series of echos : those are chilling...

Well, it was a chair, Shoogli. A chair. But it was a handsome, dashing, manly chair descended from French Royalty that lived on the ceiling,

• Yes to that, I agree with LawmanZero, play them in the order of release if you have the choice : BL1, then BL2 then TPS then TFTB.

It's like Star Wars really : you're supposed to watch them as ep 4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3... Not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Hmmm. Don't play the Pre Sequel first. Try and play Borderlands 2. You'll spoil yourself a lot of you play TPS first. BL2's more fun, and ye

• nobody is purely good nobody is purely bad, just like real life.

• That is not the argument we are making of course know one is complete good or evil what were talking about is human morals and the lack there of in borderlands. Pandora has not justice system so the question is made what does it take to consider yourself a decent person and how far to you go tell you are consider a bad person.

clap-tp posted: »

nobody is purely good nobody is purely bad, just like real life.

• Definitely.

A New Hope is beautiful, just saying.

Yes to that, I agree with LawmanZero, play them in the order of release if you have the choice : BL1, then BL2 then TPS then TFTB. It's like Star Wars really : you're supposed to watch them as ep 4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3... Not 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

• edited June 2015

"Did you see her face? It went like, PBBBBBBBBT! HAHAHAHAHAHA-Wilhelm? Kill these savages."

"UNDERSTOOD"

Sounds of gunfire and women and children screaming

Helena Pierce ! Thanks ! Couldn't remember the name. Well still, no matter what lvl, if it's Palpatine or if it's a little less, it's sti

• <3 Couldn't agree more. I love Star Wars.

Definitely. A New Hope is beautiful, just saying.

• Me Too I love the Hell out of it also I love the Empire hey I'm definitely going to choose the Empire Every Freaking Time when Star Wars Battlefront releases this year.

Rock114 posted: »

Couldn't agree more. I love Star Wars.

• I hope Episode 7 is loaded with A New Hope REFERENCES.

strwar3 posted: »

Me Too I love the Hell out of it also I love the Empire hey I'm definitely going to choose the Empire Every Freaking Time when Star Wars Battlefront releases this year.

• Killing the claptraps isn't so bad, but sacking the one that was more effective than his entire army of loaders was just asinine. To be fair, even auriela calls it an extreme move. That says libraries.

Killing the Claptraps was the most heroic thing he'd ever done. Strange how it happened only after he became completely evil.

• Felicity called the VH's to her and asked to be put into something "more interesting". She was a warship AI, she'd killed before, seen war before. Far too late, knowing the stakes, she decided she didn't want to be in the body. She got selfish.

She could have easily gone into the constructor, then asked to be copied, then transferred. She was inconvenienced so put the lives of everyone on the moon and planet at risk because she got cold feet. No sympathy.

Well, yes. Yes, it is. I forgot. Apologies. I still have to turn the audio completely off when I get there, though. It's too painful for me to listen to.

• Hmph. Copying took 2 days, specifically, and that would have been too much time for Jack, who was already slipping off the deep end by then.

Besides, people forget that she killed people while watching from a screen. But as it turns out, doing it on her own horrified her.

You'd be disgusted if you committed your first murder, too. Gamers can snap hundreds of necks without an afterthought, but doing it in real life will terrify them. That's why she got cold feet-she found out that she didn't like killing as much as she would have.

Tevix posted: »

Felicity called the VH's to her and asked to be put into something "more interesting". She was a warship AI, she'd killed before, seen war

• Overlook was what set in stone jack's state of absolute evil and insanity to me. He kills and leaves to rot people who follow his every commandment to the letter. Then opportunity. He builds a city for people's "safety", and intends to leave the engineers who built it out to rot. Then there's the whole deal with wilhelm.

That's without considering TPS incidents.

"Did you see her face? It went like, PBBBBBBBBT! HAHAHAHAHAHA-Wilhelm? Kill these savages." "UNDERSTOOD" Sounds of gunfire and women and children screaming

• I feel bad for the people rotting of brain disease he didn't bother to treat because lulz. I don't feel bad for psychotic dictators who think killing people is for giggles.

I actually feel bad for Jack. He's gone through a life of crap...Child abuse, abuse from peers, his wife's death, constant betrayals, and ul

• For me, it was the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, and his treatment of his daughter.

His sick, sick treatment of her...

Overlook was what set in stone jack's state of absolute evil and insanity to me. He kills and leaves to rot people who follow his every com

• I do.

I feel bad for the people rotting of brain disease he didn't bother to treat because lulz. I don't feel bad for psychotic dictators who think killing people is for giggles.

• edited June 2015

Hey, at least Dave died AND they still have the disease, but the worst effects were averted and they can live much longer now.

I feel bad for the people rotting of brain disease he didn't bother to treat because lulz. I don't feel bad for psychotic dictators who think killing people is for giggles.

• I'm so incorporating 'raging douchebags' in to my everyday vocabulary :p I feel it's most approriate way to describe most of the internet.

Tolispro posted: »

Who cares what's right and what's wrong.Look at this face,how can you NOT love this guy?!

• Well, I hated that Claptrap most of all, so I was overjoyed when he burned a hole through that ones chassis. As for Aurelia I didn't get that DLC (None of the DLCs for TPS particularly interest me), so I'll take your word on that. I just hate the Claptraps, period. I know it's supposed to be one of Jack's evil acts, but eh... I don't care. He got rid of the most annoying robots in any game I've ever played (Mostly got rid of them, at any rate).

Killing the claptraps isn't so bad, but sacking the one that was more effective than his entire army of loaders was just asinine. To be fair, even auriela calls it an extreme move. That says libraries.

• Definitely agreed.

I'm so incorporating 'raging douchebags' in to my everyday vocabulary I feel it's most approriate way to describe most of the internet.

• edited June 2015

"Eh, we'll agree to disagree."

Well, I hated that Claptrap most of all, so I was overjoyed when he burned a hole through that ones chassis. As for Aurelia I didn't get tha

• "Hyperion would like to congratulate Mrs. Smith (Paraphrased) on the birth of her twins, and wishes her luck in choosing which one to keep." And let's not forget how they "Disposed" of people they didn't want in Overlook... Fucking twisted.

Overlook was what set in stone jack's state of absolute evil and insanity to me. He kills and leaves to rot people who follow his every com

Sign in to comment in this discussion.