Now that you've seen both outcomes...

...do you regret your choice at the end of Episode Two?

Comments

• Yes? Of course trusting Jack was going to be a bad idea, it was still fun.

• Was it really a bad idea, though? I mean, if you chose Fiona, then Vaughn gets paralyzed for who knows how long, and Rhys gets beaten up by Loader Bot. Plus, it's really a miracle none of our friends died on Fiona's path. While her grenade allowed her and Rhys to run off with the core, it still left the others at the mercy of the droids and the bad guys.

Piggs posted: »

Yes? Of course trusting Jack was going to be a bad idea, it was still fun.

• edited June 2015

I have 3 (three) savefiles in which I chose Jack, and this weekend I'll probably complete a fourth. If I subconsciously regret my choice I have a weird way of showing it.

Youtube let's plays' viewings are for Fiona choices.

• Nope, I'm glad I trusted Fiona. I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed the trusting Fiona route more. Jack's intro was way to overwhelming, but you get a cute, screaming robot so it makes up for the awkwardly paced intro.

• Nah, everything went better than expected (trusting Fiona). Not to mention it's one of the rarest moments when we can see two protagonists together.

I was kinda dissapointed at the results of trusting Jack however, I though we will wreck everything and the game delivered for, like, 5 seconds. And I really, really, really don't like the idea of him controling Rhys - so nope, doesn't worth it. But I like that both decisions have downsides, it's the way it has to be so people won't rewind and choose the "perfect" option.

• I do think that Jack's scenario was way too short. But poor Vaughn if you pick Fiona...

DeityD posted: »

Nah, everything went better than expected (trusting Fiona). Not to mention it's one of the rarest moments when we can see two protagonists t

• He'll be fiiine, I'm sure... pretty sure. Or he won't be and we'll regret helping him.

The_Duck posted: »

I do think that Jack's scenario was way too short. But poor Vaughn if you pick Fiona...

• Nope, not one bit!

I'm quite happy with the Fiona path for my main playthrough. We get even more screentime with her, and it works out seeming quite safe(Vaughn being the exception, but he'll be fine!). I love the Jack-ed up version of Episode 3, but the amount that he is able to screw with Rhys feels incredibly dangerous, so I'm happy to experience it as an alternate playthrough rather than one in which I'll face the consequences of my actions.

• Nope! I chose Fiona and I feel like I made a really good decision ;) I love Jack but he's not to be trusted!

• I don't know, both of the choices felt great! If you trust Fiona, you get nice interactions between Rhys and Fiona. If you trust Jack, you get very nice bro moments with Vaughn. I can't really decide which one is better. I'm very impressed how they managed to add so many different choices and jokes to this episode.

• All I can say to this is "Hail to the king, baby"

• Not gonna lie, first screenshots were tempting me to replay and trust Jack, but eventually I decided against it. And I'm quite satisfied that I didn't change it.

Really enjoyed her interactions with Rhys. Moments like "Touchgoal!" and "Shut up!", while shoving Gortys into Rhys' hands, made me laugh. And it was interesting to play as Fiona this time around, I'm so glad that she finally got well-deserved time to shine. But I feel sorry for Vaughn, even though his noises and faces were hilarious. I wanted to speak to him more (poor guy, I hope he'll be alright, I'm so concerned about him now).

Still going to make another save file for trusting Jack, I'm curious to actually see how the beggining of the episode goes in that case.

• Nope. Trusting Fiona was great.

• For me, hailing to the king definitely paid off (for the JackApedia alone)!

I was so shocked doing my Fiona playthough that her plan was just so much effort, whereas Jack's was just like:

BLAM BLAM BLAM!!! DONE!

Alt text

But more than anything I'm glad I picked Jack because what happens to Vaughn in the Fiona playthrough makes me really, really uncomfortable - it honestly breaks my heart that no one even tries to help him. There's no way in hell my Rhys would let that happen to his best friend - he'd be trying to get him help no matter what - or at the very least would show the tiniest bit of concern/compassion. I'm glad that I got to attempt to alleviate Vaughn's concerns/insecurities in the Jack playthrough and got a bro-hug (though I'm similarly frustrated that I had to go back on my promise to not leave him - which I was forced to do twice after I made that promise).

Also, I will take any excuse to expand my robo-family - so Dumpy was just the cherry on top!

The Jack playthrough was literally perfect for how I play my Rhys (even down to him taking over and making things super awkward with Sasha) - my Rhys is an awkward guy, with a heart of gold, and an unsettling infatuation with Handsome Jack (that's seemingly diametrically opposed to the rest of his traits). This catered to every part of that and made it seem 'true' to my characterisation of him.

• Plus, if you chose Fiona, she's throwing cards at poor, paralyzed Vaughn in the opening. It's so sad.;-;

For me, hailing to the king definitely paid off (for the JackApedia alone)! I was so shocked doing my Fiona playthough that her plan was

• Well that part actually made me laugh SO MUCH :D !

Before we see it's Vaughn, I was like "Ha ha throwing cards in her hat", then : "Oh he he ^^ !!!".

Plus, if you chose Fiona, she's throwing cards at poor, paralyzed Vaughn in the opening. It's so sad.;-;

• edited June 2015

rhys getting beaten up by loader bot made me laugh oh and Vaughn face from being paralysed was quite funny but he was alright

Was it really a bad idea, though? I mean, if you chose Fiona, then Vaughn gets paralyzed for who knows how long, and Rhys gets beaten up by

• No. I trusted Jack because Fiona won't lose her hat and Rhys won't get beaten up by LoaderBot,Vaughn won't get paralyzed.

• Those aren't too bad in comparison to Rhys' scanning capabilities being fucked, him losing the trust of his friends and a potential love interest, and a murderous warlord having free-reign to take over his body and stroll around.

Was it really a bad idea, though? I mean, if you chose Fiona, then Vaughn gets paralyzed for who knows how long, and Rhys gets beaten up by

• I like Fiona's outcome more (some of her lines are pure gold) so no, zero regrets.

• At first, when I saw the screenshots and saw some of the awesome stuff that happens when you trusted Jack, such as the Jack-apedia, Dumpy, and Vaughn not getting paralyzed, I regretted my choice of trusting Fiona. However, that all changed once I heard about Jack taking over, at which point I lost any sense of regret I had over picking Fiona. Sorry Jack, can't have you slapping people on the ass like that.

• I do regret trusting Jack. I'm worried about the scene when Rhys was knocked out and Jack was destroying our relationships with the rest of the group, especially my relationship with Sasha, since I tried to get her and Rhys together. I liked Dumpy and the Jackapedia, but I would have preferred keeping my relations with the group intact.

• Nah, trusting Jack was a good decision for me.

• I have to say, I enjoyed just about every scene that was affected by him.

I loved Dumpy. When watching my brother play and seeing him getting hit out of the sky made me feel terrible. We can always use more robots.

Vaughn not getting paralyzed was good, funny lines from him.

I enjoyed the opening a lot more. The chaos of the drones and everything was great.

Jack wanted to be my friend. That was good.

Jack-apedia = hilarious.

The only thing I regret is letting Jack take control and slap Sasha on the ass. She's pissed and will probably want an explanation. I will do whatever it takes to gain her forgiveness.

• I thought I would regret trusting Jack way more than I actually did after the end of episode 2. But in the end, I’m plenty satisfied with it. I’m keeping Jack on my good side for the time being because he’s still scary. I got a new little robot, a very emotional moment with Vaughn. It was amazing.
    The only thing I regret a little bit is Jack’s behaviour with the others but hey, it had me laughing for two minutes straight so...

• I trusted Jack and I don't regret it at all. We became pals.

• edited June 2015

Very happy about going with Jack.

The Jack-apedia echo eye entries were hilarious, and he got me out of an unwanted romantic situation! :P Oh! And Vaughn doesn't wind up paralyzed for the majority of the episode and I got to hug him because of that.
    Plus Jack's my favorite character in the Borderlands franchise. I don't care if he is obviously planning on taking full control of Rhys, I'm still siding with him on everything.

Played the Fiona beginning of episode 3 yesterday, and it was cool too! Really liked the whole thing with that poor dude Gary.

• I replayed the episode and picked Fiona, it was a bit...ehhhh...in comparison.

You miss out on Dumpy and the Jack-apedia! Vaughn being paralyzed was kind of hilarious though, except then you also miss out on the chance to find out more about his character and hug him! Also, I think if you don't trust Jack in ep3 you don't get the scene where Jack controls Rhys, which was also another funny thing I wouldn't want anyone else to not see. Seems like Jack is the way to go for pure entertainment value.

• Nope. Jack is love, Jack is life.

• yeah, no, enjoy your brain AIDS

• edited June 2015

I don't regret trusting Jack at all, he's probably going to take over anyway at some point so....let's have fun while it lasts!

• That poor hat though :(

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Nope. Trusting Fiona was great.

• Still glad I trusted Fiona, honestly I think the only downside to trusting Fiona is that Vaughn gets rekt for like half the episode

• The extra interactions between Rhys and Fiona were really good too, it felt like they needed some time together. And i absolutely love the part where Fiona has to throw her hat.

'But i like my hat...' :(

rhys getting beaten up by loader bot made me laugh oh and Vaughn face from being paralysed was quite funny but he was alright

• "Aww... Gearys deeaaaad" she sounded like an old grandma sad about a kid crying :P

Deadpoolian posted: »

Very happy about going with Jack. The Jack-apedia echo eye entries were hilarious, and he got me out of an unwanted romantic situation! :

• Even tell her about Jack?

Did you try and tell Athena? So funny.

I have to say, I enjoyed just about every scene that was affected by him. I loved Dumpy. When watching my brother play and seeing him get

• nah i kinda hated the hat glad to see it go

Arya_Stupid posted: »

The extra interactions between Rhys and Fiona were really good too, it felt like they needed some time together. And i absolutely love the part where Fiona has to throw her hat. 'But i like my hat...'

• Nope the Jack choice is the only choice for me. Wanna see where trusting him goes, probably nowhere good but it's not my brain he's scrambling. And to be perfectly honest, not a Fiona fan, I like her sister a more and if Rhys had to end up with anyone I would hope it would be her.

• Chose to trust Fiona, because Jack can go stick it where the sun don't shine. But I must admit I liked Jack's route more with regards to Vaughn: in Fiona's route, he was the butt of a joke (for shame!), whereas in Jack's route, we actually learnt something interesting about his character.

Also Dumpy the Glorious.

• I honestly don't understand why so many people are okay with Jack having Rhys' body. He tortured Tannis, killed Roland, Bloodwing, Helena Pearce, the people of Old Haven, poisoned Wilhelm, was only slightly annoyed when Nisha died, ruined Angel's life, and killed a fuckton of other people off-screen.

Piggs posted: »

Those aren't too bad in comparison to Rhys' scanning capabilities being fucked, him losing the trust of his friends and a potential love interest, and a murderous warlord having free-reign to take over his body and stroll around.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.