Episode 4 speculation thread

So post whatever you noticed in episode 3 that will probably carry over episode 4 that the rest of us might have not already known

Comments

• I noticed that when they found the energy chatice and real time (not when they were telling the story) Ryse found it by look up and seeing a hole in the rocks so I think that since they are going to Helios the device will be shot down to Pandora for them to find

• well, I can imagine that the group is forced to fly to the helios with vallory because gortys can only work with Fiona and Rhys.
    • a bunch of action happens on the helios, group get rip off Vallory/any other bad dude or dudette, they find out its not a good idea to open the vault(cause its a bomb maybe? or they would wake up a monster? I dunno) they send the gortys update back to pandora.
    • Jack forcing Rhys to stay on Helios
    • Handsome-Rhys is the new boss of hyperion
    • the group get rip off Vallory and friends somehow and travell to the helios at their own
    • Fiona wants to save Athena, does not want to travell to the helios
    • Fiona sees herself as a vault hunter now
    • Fiona and Rhys pissing each other off
    • Vaughn ran off to prevent something

speculating is fun :)

• VAUGHN IS DEAD
    VAUGHN IS SO DEAD
    PLEASE DON'T DIE VAUGHN GOD DAMNIT

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'll put the achievements here:

Alt text

• nah, I doubt it ;)

ActionHank posted: »

VAUGHN IS DEAD VAUGHN IS SO DEAD PLEASE DON'T DIE VAUGHN GOD DAMNIT

• HOLD ME

Kruzii posted: »

nah, I doubt it

• edited June 2015

Last achievement looks like we are... um... in the "present time". Point of um... i dunno. xD

dojo32161 posted: »

• "It's Not The Years, It's The Mileage". Maybe the caravan breaks down for good this time?

• its gonna be fine

Alt text

HOLD ME

• Well the group is split up again, so I'm thinking Rhys, Sasha, Loaderbot and Gorty will get taken to Helios for the next piece, while Fiona who got left behind will find whatever happen to Vaughn and they'll try to catch up to them perhaps.

I've got a lot of theories on what else could happen, but I don't want to say. Although I do think this'll be the episode Handsome Jack goes craaaaaazy.

• There's going to be a battle of the bots, I know that.

• Hmm...

Fiona says "this ain't my first rodeo" in the first episode to Sasha (at the Purple Skag when she's giving 'Lydia's' backstory).

Also, Vaughn says that he feels both "alive" and "not afraid" in the second episode (after they fall out of the van and he reveals his glorious abs).

I realise that these achievements have been out since both of those first happened - but still - hmmm...

Alt text

• Well, Im guessing this is where all the shit goes down, by the "There you are" achievement, Im guessing its suppose to be Rhys and Fiona finishing the story, and ep 5 will be the future timeline

• How're they split up? The others come out of the Dome after Fiona gets knocked out, and then Gortys says the next piece is on Helios.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Well the group is split up again, so I'm thinking Rhys, Sasha, Loaderbot and Gorty will get taken to Helios for the next piece, while Fiona

• edited June 2015

All right, all right, WE'RE FINALLY GOING BACK TO ELPIS-

• WE ARE GOING TO SEE ELPIS AFTER 3 YEARS.
    • CONCORDIA!
    • HELIOS! Hopefully that giant brain is still there.
    • Helios is also going to be 1984-ish. By that, I mean it's going to be scary but still hilarious.
    • Yvette will help in some way.
    • Hopefully August will join the good guys. Sure, he's Vallory's son, but he's a badass son. She doesn't seem to appreciate that too much, though.
    • Ooh, could we find Felicity?
    • WE COULD VISIT ELESEER!
    • Jack will go all nostalgic and talk about his girlfriend, his robot bodyguard and the beautiful destruction of all the Claptraps.
    • THIS WILL BE THE MOST EPIC "LET'S GET OFF PANDORA" THING EVER.
    • Pickle. Possibly. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, BORDERLANDS PLAYERS WHO DON'T LIKE PICKLE.
    • KRAGGONS!
    • LOADER BOT VS OTHER LOADER BOT IN A MATRIX-STYLE DUEL TO THE DEATH! WITH FLAMETHROWERS! AND GYROJETS!
    • DOUBLE JUMPING!
    • A VISIT TO SANCTUARY AT SOME POINT?
    • O2 Kits!
    • TIMOTHY,TELLTALE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Yes, yes-The Pre Sequel was not important gameplay wise, but it was probably the most important one lore-wise.

• Ooh, could we find Felicity?

TIMOTHY,** TELLTALE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.**

If these two things happened in the same episode I think my heart would explode from happiness...

Add an Angel reference/discussion with Jack and a Buttstallion cameo and my brain would join my heart!

LawmanZero posted: »

All right, all right, WE'RE FINALLY GOING BACK TO ELPIS- * WE ARE GOING TO SEE ELPIS AFTER 3 YEARS. * CONCORDIA! * HELIOS! Hopefully

• edited June 2015

I still want Nisha to return somehow, but let Telltale decide, or Gearbox's writing staff have a looong think in Borderlands 3.

Like, say, The Stranger rips off his mask to reveal a scarred Timothy Lawrence, and Rhys freaks out. And, well, Felicity could appear...

Here's my idea-for some reason I picture her as a hologram "ghost" like Jack, but looking like her ECHO portrait. And when I say that, she's not coloured blue, she's got blonde hair, a black and white striped shirt and brown leather 1930s flying clothes, plus a kickass hat. AND THEN CLAPTRAP WILL MEET HER SOMEDAY, AND HE WILL FINALLY GET TO PURSUE A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP.

Oh, it would be funny if this happens, as part of a dialogue option if Jack asks what you think of Angel:

Rhys: Your daughter is really hot. Like, she's stunning. She should have gone out more-

Jack stares at him

Jack: THAT'S IT, I AM GOING TO POSSESS YOUR BRAIN AGAIN, KIDDO. I KNEW ALL OF YOU WERE PERVERTS! RRRRGH!

Oh, and how could I forget?

Alt text

Ooh, could we find Felicity? TIMOTHY,** TELLTALE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.** If these two things happened in the same episode I think

• That's a point, Fiona might get taken along with them. Don't know, it's silly, I thought with how she was stuck under the rocket gun thing I figured she'd get left there. God I'm an idiot.

Wait noooo, does that mean Vaughn might get left behind!? ;_; left behind on the curb!?

LeFedore posted: »

How're they split up? The others come out of the Dome after Fiona gets knocked out, and then Gortys says the next piece is on Helios.

• Jack had a really kickass office in The Pre Sequel with a nice view of Elpis. Since we're headed back to Helios, I think that would be a cool location to visit. Especially if his personal items are still there... specifically the photo of his daughter, Angel. I just really want a conversation about Angel. ;_; Jack may be a huge asshole, but I think having a conversation about him acknowledging his daughter's death could be pretty heartbreaking. Or terrifying.

• Ok I have to ask...what the hell you had to write in google or whatever to get a gif of asian looking woman stroking her beard? I don't think it's normal

Hmm... Fiona says "this ain't my first rodeo" in the first episode to Sasha (at the Purple Skag when she's giving 'Lydia's' backstory).

• Ahaha, no that's a fair question.

I just googled "pondering gif" and this popped up - it made me laugh and was completely random so I posted it!

Leluch123 posted: »

Ok I have to ask...what the hell you had to write in google or whatever to get a gif of asian looking woman stroking her beard? I don't think it's normal

• Heartbreaking is more likely, followed by terrifying if you talk about how hot everyone thought she was.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Jack had a really kickass office in The Pre Sequel with a nice view of Elpis. Since we're headed back to Helios, I think that would be a coo

• They're not gonna kill him off screen. We'll find out in the next episode, or the finale.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

That's a point, Fiona might get taken along with them. Don't know, it's silly, I thought with how she was stuck under the rocket gun thing I

• Google is such a beautiful thing

Ahaha, no that's a fair question. I just googled "pondering gif" and this popped up - it made me laugh and was completely random so I posted it!

• Add an Angel reference/discussion with Jack and a Buttstallion cameo and my brain would join my heart!

I will be so mad if they DON*T do this!

And yes, a Buttstallion cameo would be hilarious!

Alt text

Ooh, could we find Felicity? TIMOTHY,** TELLTALE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.** If these two things happened in the same episode I think

• Oh my God, now I really need this to happen - you made her look so cute!

nohuhhuh posted: »

Add an Angel reference/discussion with Jack and a Buttstallion cameo and my brain would join my heart! I will be so mad if they DON*T do this! And yes, a Buttstallion cameo would be hilarious!

• BEST REUNION EVER

nohuhhuh posted: »

Add an Angel reference/discussion with Jack and a Buttstallion cameo and my brain would join my heart! I will be so mad if they DON*T do this! And yes, a Buttstallion cameo would be hilarious!

• A true bro doesn't watch his bro die!

HOLD ME

• edited June 2015

Well, I found some stuff that might be relevant:

• "Ain't got time to bleed" is apparently one of Salvador's skills, could mean that we see another Vault Hunter (perhaps he's been imprisoned on Helios) -> http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ain't_Got_Time_to_Bleed
    • Like @HandsomeJack said, the second achievement seems like it has something to do with Vaughn. Also, it has a sense of courage/defiance, so this could be a part where the team appears to be in serious trouble, and then triumphs over it (could refer to an escape/defeat of Vallory specifically)
    • "Ain't my first rodeo" has an interesting link to a BL2 achievement of the same name -> http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/This_Ain't_My_First_Rodeo . I haven't played BL2 so I don't know if this has any clues (geographic maybe?)
    • The fourth achievement is similar to an Indiana Jones quote from Raider's of the Lost Ark -> . I'm not sure in what part of the movie it's spoken, but there may be clues there about Telltale's intentions and meaning.
    • The fifth can maybe be linked to how people light candles in remembrance of others as mourning. Really don't like to say this, but Loader Bot would be the main contender for this, given that we know that there will be a robot fight. It would certainly be unlikely for them to storm Helios and/or confront Vallory without taking losses.
    • The sixth and seventh could be linked as one sentence, and it is apparently a well-known saying. It seems to have originated as a quote from the philosopher Confucius, exactly word-for-word. Like @Vernaya said, one of its (suggested) meanings is that you should always exist in the present, and not spend time on thinking about the past or future. But, there are other interpretations too. Another (very different) version is that it refers to something in your past that you can't escape unless you confront it.
    • So yeah, two contrasting views of the quote. But, the first interpretation is actually the most accepted version, so that could be the angle Telltale go for. With that said, it does hint that we will get fully up to speed in Episode 4, and Episode 5 will focus purely on the present. EDIT:This means that, given the current state of relationship between Rhys and Fiona, we should expect to see their friendship put to the test, if not completely destroyed. I suspect that the death I expect will have a lot to do with the fracturing

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni

I hate to have to point this out, but sadly our achievement names have to be figured out when we submit episode 1. So the later we get into the season, the more the titles don't really match up with the story and content.

• Haha Damnit, you say that right after I do all my research!! I hope I haven't totally missed the mark then. But maybe I'm absolutely on point with some of them

NickTTG posted: »

I hate to have to point this out, but sadly our achievement names have to be figured out when we submit episode 1. So the later we get into the season, the more the titles don't really match up with the story and content.

• I've noticed this in Ep. 3. I wonder what the hell the acheivement names have to do with what just happened. I tried to make sense of it to get closure but...........................................

NickTTG posted: »

• I thought that once. Then I played The Walking Dead Season Two...

;-;

LeFedore posted: »

They're not gonna kill him off screen. We'll find out in the next episode, or the finale.

• What happened to the "No Idea" old man before Brick showed up? Is he dead, by Vallory?

• We've had a big choice about whether or not to trust Jack appear in TWO consecutive episodes, got to see what happens in a scenario where we don't trust him, and had him talk about how you're going to end up dying if you're not willing to put your trust in someone you dislike. And by the end of Episode Three, Jack either likes you, is neutral towards you, or really hates you. They have to be building up to something. I really want, like, a Save Vaughn or Sasha choice, with Jack stepping in to save whoever you didn't if you have a good enough relationship with him. I'd also like something that tests are trust in him, like the situation I proposed here:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/96148/a-little-scenario-i-thought-up-for-future-episodes

• Could be the Stranger.

AronDracula posted: »

What happened to the "No Idea" old man before Brick showed up? Is he dead, by Vallory?

• Don't think so. If it was him, he wouldn't have needed to ask about the Gortys Project and what they found in the Dome. Besides, there was a choice to allow him to be killed, so it would be impossible for him to be the Stranger in that scenario

Pipas posted: »

Could be the Stranger.

• He can't be killed though. Even if you let Athena kill him, she'll get interrupted by Brick.

Someguy12 posted: »

Don't think so. If it was him, he wouldn't have needed to ask about the Gortys Project and what they found in the Dome. Besides, there was a choice to allow him to be killed, so it would be impossible for him to be the Stranger in that scenario

• I still don't think she's dead. They wouldn't let you ask if she was in Wellington if she was.

The_Duck posted: »

I thought that once. Then I played The Walking Dead Season Two... ;-;

• edited June 2015

I've got a real bad feeling that Jack is going to somehow manage to get out of Rhys' head once they're back on Helios. No one's left in charge, and the big boss man is coming back up to Hyperion. Yikes.

On a lighter note, Sasha's finally going to get off Pandora and be able to look down upon it in amazement. [Maybe prompting another Rhys and Sasha moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]

And I'm actually expecting Vallory to die at the hands of Fiona. Just like she promised at the end of Ep3 if you chose that option.

Oh, and Rhys can finally buy Yvette that lunch he promised once he got back.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.