Vault of The Traveller

So near the end of episode 3, Brick and Mordecai drag Athena off and bring her to Lilith which marks the start of the Pre-Sequel. However, at the end of the Pre-Sequel, when Athena has finished her story an eridian appears and tells the vault hunters 'war is coming'. My theory is what if the Vault of The Traveller contained some sort of powerful monster (which all the other vaults we've seen contain) which Rhys and Fiona couldn't stop and this eridian which visits the vault hunters is warning them of the beast from the Vault of The Traveller? And maybe the vault teleports around because the eridians don't want any risk of anyone unleashing this monster in the vault? Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• edited June 2015

That might very well be the case.

And to expand on that, I'd say it's not so much it contains as much as it would be a travel door allowing all the vaults that have not been opened yet (end of BL2) to have their "residents" travel to this one and "get out"...

The "war is coming" and the "you'll need all the VH you can get" lines are signs, to me, of not only one but instead many vaults.

• So you're saying this vault is a doorway for all the Vault Bosses to come out and that this war would be VH VS Vault Bosses? If so, that'd be awesome!

• Well I'm just adding up :

• Vault of the Traveller

• War is coming

• You'll need all the VHs you can get

But then maybe it's a bit simplistic as well you know ;) !

So you're saying this vault is a doorway for all the Vault Bosses to come out and that this war would be VH VS Vault Bosses? If so, that'd be awesome!

• The only one who can stop it is Dr. Ted.

• Zed, Ned, Ted and Fred confirmed for the 4 Vault Hunters in BL3

The only one who can stop it is Dr. Ted.

• So we know that ot teleports around the universe,..
    I don't why but I also think it contains the Edrian that we see in the pre-sequel that saves Athena, it would make alot more sense that fiona tells the Edrian athena is in trouble and it saves her, rather it just popping out o no where. I rckon the edrian will tell rhys and fiona about the war aswell

• That's sound like it would be interesting and fun to play.

kaza125 posted: »

So we know that ot teleports around the universe,.. I don't why but I also think it contains the Edrian that we see in the pre-sequel that

• That's an awesome theory ! Love it !

So we know that ot teleports around the universe,.. I don't why but I also think it contains the Edrian that we see in the pre-sequel that

• edited June 2015

i was thinking the same but isn't the Eridian that saves Athena the same Eridian that helps Zarbadabam when Jack shoots at her near the beginning of the game?

• Well he looks the same, blocks bullets the same way.

Aaira posted: »

i was thinking the same but isn't the Eridian that saves Athena the same Eridian that helps Zarbadabam when Jack shoots at her near the beginning of the game?

• edited June 2015

Yes. This would have been a neat theory, but where TPS takes places is split. The entire game is like tales, in that it is in the present, but telling a story in the past. TFTB starts after BL2, so whatever vault we find can't have released that guardian.

Edited to give credit to "Zarbadabam". Giggles ensued.

• I'm thinking along the same lines as well. I'm speculating that if this is the case once the vault is open, the player will have to chose to save Rhys or Fiona, either way one of them dies and an eridian helps Rhys/Fiona escape. The. The player and the eridian will talk and the player will be given the option to tell the eridian to warn all Vault Hunters. Just a little theory.

• edited June 2015

Yeah, and the same Eridian ("The Watcher") saves a young sick girl in Concordia sometime before/during TPS, too.

This is revealed in the "Digging up the Past" mission via the ECHO recordings of Annie Swan.

• Interesting, maybe this Eridian is a sort of 'guardian angel' for humans as a whole? That's why s/he saves the girl, warns the vault hunters and tries to kill Jack at the start of TPS?

Yeah, and the same Eridian ("The Watcher") saves a young sick girl in Concordia sometime before/during TPS, too. This is revealed in the "Digging up the Past" mission via the ECHO recordings of Annie Swan.

• Which gives me the idea that this Eridian can see the future? It tries to kill Jack as it knows Jack would become a physcopathic tyrant, maybe by saving the sick girl it's just saved someone who could change the world and by warning the VH it knows that this war could be catastrophic for everyone?

Interesting, maybe this Eridian is a sort of 'guardian angel' for humans as a whole? That's why s/he saves the girl, warns the vault hunters and tries to kill Jack at the start of TPS?

• Well, we know that the relic in the Vault of the Sentinel gives whomever uses it the power to see into the future (both Jack and Zarpaderp used it, but Jack was obviously 'disrupted' by a certain someone)... So it's pretty fair to assume that The Watcher also had access to it.

A lot of people speculated that the girl from the logs (Emily) may be a future Vault Hunter and that The Watcher saved her because it knew it would need all the help it can get in the future because it foresaw the war.

Which gives me the idea that this Eridian can see the future? It tries to kill Jack as it knows Jack would become a physcopathic tyrant, may

• Good thinking, maybe this theory could be plausible as this Eridian is called "The Watcher".

• I honestly just want Fiona to become a proper Vault Hunter in Borderlands 3. I mean, they're building it up this episode, so maybe she'll get there. Not sure how Awesomeness by Analysis can work in an actual Borderlands game, though.

• ned is kill

Zed, Ned, Ted and Fred confirmed for the 4 Vault Hunters in BL3

• won't work. considering they're in the future telling the story. so both of them are alive

I'm thinking along the same lines as well. I'm speculating that if this is the case once the vault is open, the player will have to chose to

• I never understood why the watcher tried to stop jack in the beginning, but never at any other point.

Good thinking, maybe this theory could be plausible as this Eridian is called "The Watcher".

• seemed to me like it was more trying to protect Zarpazomp than outright kill Jack, i suppose it might just be because Zarbadaboom counted as a VH at the time, or maybe it was trying to prevent a fight between Zarpy and the 1.5 VHs as they weren't really prepared for it.

Which gives me the idea that this Eridian can see the future? It tries to kill Jack as it knows Jack would become a physcopathic tyrant, may

• it's not totally unlikely if you consider that Gaige is basically just a schoolgirl with a robot and Timothy is just a college student with a loan, Fiona at least lived all her life on Pandora and got a crash course in badass from Athena (who might be available for supplementary lessons)

the anal thing could work something like warframe's banshee's sonar, highlighting weakspots on the enemy or something, maybe with some sort of bullet time effect on top

LeFedore posted: »

I honestly just want Fiona to become a proper Vault Hunter in Borderlands 3. I mean, they're building it up this episode, so maybe she'll get there. Not sure how Awesomeness by Analysis can work in an actual Borderlands game, though.

• edited June 2015

Ned is master of death. Ned never is ded

clap-tp posted: »

ned is kill

• Continuing from Kaza125's post right above, did you know that the "Eridian" is actually more likely a top tier Bio-mechanical Guardian.

Proof of this is that when it was talking with Lilith, it stated that the guardians we bio-mechanical weapons, and it is unknown if the were modled after the Eridians or not. If it were an Eridian, why tell them that the guardians were modeled after Eridians like it's self. If it were an Eridian, why would it not come forward and say it was one.

• I was saying that Athena has finished the story after the vault of the traveller has been opened. Meaning either Rhys or Fiona could die.

Llexis posted: »

won't work. considering they're in the future telling the story. so both of them are alive

• There is even more to the "War is coming" thing. When you play the Wattle Gobbler DLC Grandma Flexington will end her Story by saying that she could continue on about "Vaults and the End of the Universe" but she stops.

So obviously there is something big planned.

• "It apparently teleports all over the universe"

Does this mean

1. If you have it,it can teleport YOU all over the universe?Wherever you like?
    2. It teleports all over the universe so it's hard to find?
  • And perhaps TFTB is going to be the gateway into this big thing?

JackMarco posted: »

There is even more to the "War is coming" thing. When you play the Wattle Gobbler DLC Grandma Flexington will end her Story by saying that s

• I think that the vault itself teleports all over the universe, much like the Crooked Man's door from TWAU.

Tolispro posted: »

"It apparently teleports all over the universe" Does this mean * If you have it,it can teleport YOU all over the universe?Wherever you like? * It teleports all over the universe so it's hard to find?

• It is confirmed actually. TFTB is the prequel (of sort) and the "gateway" to BL3, that is : if there is not another TFTB season (WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME !!!).

And perhaps TFTB is going to be the gateway into this big thing?

• Finch and Kroger for the two playable characters in Season 2? Only joking.. Or am I?

Shoogli posted: »

It is confirmed actually. TFTB is the prequel (of sort) and the "gateway" to BL3, that is : if there is not another TFTB season (WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME !!!).

• They'd have to include "special" weapons like the Bola-crossbow, but hey why not...

Finch and Kroger for the two playable characters in Season 2? Only joking.. Or am I?

• Zarpedan is not happy about this lol

seemed to me like it was more trying to protect Zarpazomp than outright kill Jack, i suppose it might just be because Zarbadaboom counted as

• The present day scenes are, yes. But Episode 3 happens before the intro of the Pre-Sequel as Brick and Mordecai capture Athena for questioning.

• Episode 3 is before the present day portions of TPS, Athena is dragged off there and tells the story of TPS.

• The intro of the Pre-Sequel takes places after Borderlands 2 and after Ep 3 of Tales. The intro is Athena telling the story of the events of the Pre-Sequel to Brick, Mordecai and Lilith. Likewise with the ending where the watcher shows up and warns the Vault Hunters.

• edited June 2015

actually if you ask vaughn to ''search the computers'' when you inter atlas facility, he then tells you when you come back with fiona, he tells you that ''we are looking for a vault, its called the vault of the traveller, and it used to travel to another universes!!'' so its confirmed! :D

WOW! i think that what gortys is. he's leading us to the vault of the traveller which is the last episode of TFTBL is called. also regarding what happens in TPS we all know whta that lead to!! :D

• Which could mean Borderlands 3 will have us travelling between different universes to find Vaults. That's actually pretty awesome.

Mercyva posted: »

actually if you ask vaughn to ''search the computers'' when you inter atlas facility, he then tells you when you come back with fiona, he te

• yes i think thats the set-up... maybe we'll get a taste of what will we do in BL3. hope we get a sneak peak or something!

LeFedore posted: »

Which could mean Borderlands 3 will have us travelling between different universes to find Vaults. That's actually pretty awesome.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.