Favorite Episode

Having played all of the 3 episodes, I was wondering which one is the best and why. I know that every episode is really different from the others and that every episode have some great moments, but I would like to hear some more opinions. For me the first episode was amazing, it was fast, unpredictable, epic and full of action. The second had some great choices and Handsome's Jack appearance was one of the best moments. I have not decided if the 3rd episode was what i have been expecting. It was pretty beautiful and have some great scenes but i feel like it was so fascinating as the others. What do you think ?

Comments

• Well this is a difficult question. All 3 episodes were friggin' amazing...mmmm let me think.

The best intro and cliffhanger were definitely in Atlas Mugged.

The funniest and cutest episode is Catch a ride in my opinion.

The craziest and most unpredictable one is the first episode.

All in all the first place goes to episode 1 and 3, and Atlas Mugged is on the second place but it's still incredibly amazing.

• edited June 2015

Yes its true its an amazing game, still i cant decide which one is my favorite, but
    My favorite intro is in episode 3
    In everything else I think i agree with you, but every episode has its crazy,funny,upredictable moments ...I cant decide.
    But the last scene of Catch a Ride kind of disappointed me

SoMuchSass posted: »

Well this is a difficult question. All 3 episodes were friggin' amazing...mmmm let me think. The best intro and cliffhanger were definite

• Really? Why? :D

NkCaptain posted: »

Yes its true its an amazing game, still i cant decide which one is my favorite, but My favorite intro is in episode 3 In everything else

• Well there was much action ( and it was great ) but I think the way the presented it wasnt ... good/cool . I mean there was no background music or something to do it more dramatic like the endings on the other episodes and it made it seem not as important and thrilling as the endings on the other episodes. When i ended the 1st and 2nd episode i couldnt sleep because I wanted to see what will happen with Gortys and Jack or with the decision of Fiona and Jack but now .,. nothing

Really? Why?

• Hm, I didn't realise this while playing, but I can agree with the sleeping part. But I enjoyed it so much, I think I like it this way the action was fun. I wouldn't survive if every cliffhanger was like the one in episode 2 :D

Well there was much action ( and it was great ) but I think the way the presented it wasnt ... good/cool . I mean there was no background mu

• Episode 3.

It's pretty much the Empire Strikes Back of the series.

• I agree cliffhanger was not there as much. But when i thought athena had died , it was the saddest moment of all telltale games i have played.(ive played twd and s2, i know i am weird)

Hm, I didn't realise this while playing, but I can agree with the sleeping part. But I enjoyed it so much, I think I like it this way the action was fun. I wouldn't survive if every cliffhanger was like the one in episode 2

• I was pretty thrilled about that too, I mean I'm sure Athena is Ok, but still... And i'm worried about Vaughn too.

• I loved all the episode, but episode 3 kinda dragged in some parts

• I'd have to say episode 1 because I've played most of the Borderlands series (excluding dlcs) and it's mostly tons of action, with minimal cutscenes. So when I played the first episode it was like a whole new experience. No longer were you this experienced Vault Hunting badass, you were a weak, naïve wanna-be-Jack, and a professional con artist with minimal combat experience. This is really awesome because now it's completely reversed, with heavy amounts of story focus, and minimal combat. That's why episode 1 was awesome, because it completely changed the way you interacted in borderlands.

• edited September 2015
    1. Escape Plan Bravo
    2. Zer0 Sum
    3. Catch a Ride
    4. Atlas Mugged
  • 3>2>1 :P

• Why did you like so much the 3rd episode ? I mean it was great but I wouldnt put it on the top of my list.

PoopBrown posted: »

3>2>1 :P

• Well you have putted them in the order of the best soundtrack in my opinion. You didnt like Atlas Mugged ?

* Escape Plan Bravo * Zer0 Sum * Catch a Ride * Atlas Mugged

• edited June 2015

Thats true Tales from the Borderlands brings a whole new experience from the world of Pandora. Even if I have played only a part of Borderlands 2, I think that Telltale has brought a game with deeper story in the universe of Borderlands. Something you dont see very much in the other games who focuses mostly on the action. And I agree with you, maybe the first experience of this new and different borderlands game had something magical, making the 1st episode the best.

tyler8160 posted: »

I'd have to say episode 1 because I've played most of the Borderlands series (excluding dlcs) and it's mostly tons of action, with minimal c

• No I did, I'd give it like a 9.0/10, but I just like the others a little more.

Well you have putted them in the order of the best soundtrack in my opinion. You didnt like Atlas Mugged ?

• If I had Wallethead pointing a shotgun at my face and had to rate I'd say 2 > 3 > 1, but on a scale of 1-10 where they're 20-19-18 respectively.

I love interacting with Handsome Jack, so obviously the eps that allow me to do so will be rated higher, plus I think the Fiona parts in ep.1 were a little boring, though she got better in subsequent eps. But that might also be due to the fact I played the first ep so many times I got slightly bored of it. Still, this game is awesome. Awesome. Aaaawesome. Does that make sense?

• I think that all three episodes are amazing, but if I had to choose, I would definitely say Atlas Mugged. The intro was incredible and all of the scenes involving Rhys and AI Jack were very entertaining. The Bro scene was also perfection.

• edited June 2015

I have to say I kinda like Episode 1 the most still. The episode itself was good but at the same time there was so much excitement going around the forums for the past couple of weeks + with Thrones almost launching so it was a good and fun time to be a Telltale fan, so the general atmosphere around the launch was really fun.

Episode 2 I found immensely boring and hated it, but Episode 3 made me like the series a lot more than I had after Ep2. Hopefully Ep4 and 5 can top Ep1 for me though

• I think it was mainly Gortys being cute af, the clothes changing station, and I just found this to be the funniest I laughed at nearly every joke (especially if you choose Jack and what Loaderbot does to the statue LOL)

Why did you like so much the 3rd episode ? I mean it was great but I wouldnt put it on the top of my list.

• edited June 2015

Ηahahah yeah its pretty hard to tell which one is the best when all of them are above 9.0/10, I agree

No I did, I'd give it like a 9.0/10, but I just like the others a little more.

• Hahahahah yeah it had some hilarious moments !

PoopBrown posted: »

I think it was mainly Gortys being cute af, the clothes changing station, and I just found this to be the funniest I laughed at nearly every joke (especially if you choose Jack and what Loaderbot does to the statue LOL)

• Ηahah its makes for me. Its true the whole series is amazing, and handsome Jack is just hilarious ( especially when you scan the mushrooms with the echo eye ! ), so you have point there !

If I had Wallethead pointing a shotgun at my face and had to rate I'd say 2 > 3 > 1, but on a scale of 1-10 where they're 20-19-18 res

• Yeah the intro was pretty great and dramatic in a way, and as I have said in other comments, the Handsome Jack scenes rock ! His makes me laugh so hard sometimes, I love that guys he is one of a kind ! And also the closing of the 2nd episode was epic ! So yeah it might be the best episode ... so far.

CraazyCake posted: »

I think that all three episodes are amazing, but if I had to choose, I would definitely say Atlas Mugged. The intro was incredible and all of the scenes involving Rhys and AI Jack were very entertaining. The Bro scene was also perfection.

• Yeah i remember it too! The atmosphere during episode one was electrified! Tales from the Borderlands was something totally new and the anticipation was pretty high! You had no idea what will happen on this or the other episodes and that made me curios! Also after the end of the first episode, were Gortys project and Handsome Jack were revealed I couldnt sleep for days and i was wondering when episode 2 will show up!
    I have to say that I havent thought of it the way you did, but I think you are right, the whole atmosphere around the first episode what amazing and this makes think of it as something special, making it the best episode so far. Hope you are right about episodes 4 and 5 too !

I have to say I kinda like Episode 1 the most still. The episode itself was good but at the same time there was so much excitement going aro

• Definitely Catch a ride.

In order it would have to be:

1. Catch a ride
    2. Escape Plan Bravo
    3. Atlas Mugged
    4. Zer0 Sum
  • Can't really rank all of them, but my fav. is definitely 4.
    So much hilarious moments and drama moments ...

1. No 3. Err 2. But I love 1... They all have awesome moments in them I can't rank them. Together they are perfect!
    1. Catch a ride
    2. Escape plan Bravo
    3. Zer0 sum
    4. Atlas Mugged

I hope that Ep 5 will be top on the list when it comes out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.