Telltale trying to force ships?

Comments

• edited June 2015

[removed]

Leluch123 posted: »

Maybe because Rhys and Fiona aren't gay? Like you know 90 something percent of population? And i think you should get off your high horse for a second might do you some good.

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited June 2015

[removed]

Essen posted: »

oh thank you O merciful spirit, for granting us low life gays and lesbians Janey & Athena, we are at thou mercy! Can i kiss your boots n

• LMAO look at this homophobe.

Yeah look at me! I'm a homophobe for saying that over 90% of population are straight damn me! How dare I!

but rhys and fiona are ANYTHING but straight

Proof? Anyone?

• edited June 2015

Gay Characters are not a Quirky Fantasy Device Setting that you can feel like adding to spice up ur game, or thinking ''oh there's a gay character already?? MORE THAN ENOUGH!''. Straightness is NOT the default human sexuality, therefore straight characters should NOT be the default characters. Gay characters represent gay people. You know, real live breathing human beings. They are ESSENTIAL and should exist everywhere, without an incentive. Period.
    That topic aside, Rhys & Sasha was forced heterosexuality becuase we DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE. You can either flirt with her or you can awkwardly brush it aside, but it is still very much implied that there is interest going on. We are given a romantic setting, you can pick up the flower, you can tell her she's beautiful etc. That sort of thing didnt happen with another male character for Rhys. We didnt get an option to flirt with a guy or to tell him he's appealing or handsome in a way that asserts his attraction to men. Same with fiona and women.
    And this is quite literally obvious and plain as day and yall need to stop arguing abt this bcs its not a matter up for debate.
    Telltale forced heterosexuality and to make it up they should give us the option to be gay. As you people say ''It's as simple as that.''

• Re-read your previous post because that was directed at me

Example

Can i kiss your boots now

just repent! thank you for showing me the light and kindness of your benevolence.

I can say the same about no one caring about your opinion but you know what? It's pointless, obviously we won't agree on that matter so let's just agree to disagree and part in peace before it erupts in full blown agrument.

• edited June 2015

[removed]

LMAO look at this homophobe. Yeah look at me! I'm a homophobe for saying that over 90% of population are straight damn me! How dare I! but rhys and fiona are ANYTHING but straight Proof? Anyone?

• LMAO look at this homophobe

calm down buddy, its not fair to claim something like that because of different opinions

• edited June 2015

you clearly don't understand the issue here, if u're more concerned of someone being ''accused'' of homophobia (which is like not an issue at all, let me shed a tear for all the str8 ppl unfairly called homophobes by gay ppl :'( ) than the actual issue that lead someone being accused of homophobia you only care about Keeping It Down and i refuse to be silenced on things like this.

Kruzii posted: »

LMAO look at this homophobe calm down buddy, its not fair to claim something like that because of different opinions

• edited June 2015

me: include gay characters and gay interaction.
    you: [sarcastically making fun of gay people] [saying gay characters shouldnt exist and explicitly saying that characters shouldnt be gay] [more homophobic nonsense]

im sorry, which one should ppl care about, again? unless they dont care abt gay ppl, that is.

Re-read your previous post because that was directed at me Example Can i kiss your boots now just repent! thank you for show

• ] [saying gay characters shouldnt exist and explicitly saying that characters shouldnt be gay]

where have I said they shouldn't exist?

me: include gay characters and gay interaction. you: [sarcastically making fun of gay people] [saying gay characters shouldnt exist and exp

• Plus, lets' be honest, she's still got a thing for August.

It seems TT's trying to convince us otherwise. I think she said several times in the ep3 that it was only August who thought they had something. Which is - again - a bs for me personally plus a reminder yet again why they're doing it, but I'm tired of thinking about that part of ep3 because discussing it won't change anything.

It was a great episode for Fiona's character development, but yeah -- Telltales was going for a forced relationship with Rhys and Sasha. It'

• proof they're straight??? im waiting

Alt text

at least for Rhys

also 90% of the population is gay

hope that this was just a joke

lmao what a joke, go be pathetic somewhere else

Looks like someone have no arguments and is throwing insults

• Dude let it go you see that you won't achive anything here give it a rest

Kruzii posted: »

LMAO look at this homophobe calm down buddy, its not fair to claim something like that because of different opinions

• edited June 2015

''Janey and Athena here you go you have a representation,'' implying we shouldn't have more than them.

''Dude that's the exact opposite the main media are flooded by homosexuality nowadays.'' 1) using the term 'homosexuality' 2) implying that there is TOO MUCH gay in media!!!!! whoa! tone it down, gays!

''gay people have a choice in that matter. They can simply not play the game'' literally obviously homophobic, like use ur brain, brah. ''gays dont like it? well DONT PLAY THE GAME!!''

saying rhys and fiona arent gay. they are characters. if you can decide they're straight i can decide they're gay.
    they are CHARACTERS. i would go on but you're boring and sucking up my energy so like go play call of duty or whatever str8 ppl are into

] [saying gay characters shouldnt exist and explicitly saying that characters shouldnt be gay] where have I said they shouldn't exist?

• edited June 2015

by the way

Seriously maybe let's make all the main characters gay to please the oh so poor low life gays and lesbians!

Hey TT make another game called** Tales from the Gaylands** so poor Essen won't feel oppressed!

considering how literally every game is brewing with str8 ppl that's a great suggestion! do pass it on to telltale! thanks!

• so you admit that you just dont care? wasnt it you who said u care about gay people or something?

Dude let it go you see that you won't achive anything here give it a rest

• I love how people assume that when 2 characters smile to eachother it's considered 'romantic'. Let her pick the flower, and she will squirt the 'juice stuff' on her, and they laugh about it.
    So romantic. Wow. /sarcasm.
    Laughing at something like that isn't romantic, and people should really stop complaining about how there weren't any 'non-romantic' options, cause there were. You lot just see some Rhys and Sasha action, and immediately go full-defense, claiming stuff is either offending you, or didn't go as you'd like. Well, newsflash! You are not any character. You merely pick decisions.

I personally love Rhys and Sasha together. I also like Vaughn and Fiora together, even if they didn't have many scenes yet. Call me a shipper as much as you'd like, but at least I have the decentcy to look respect what the developers create, whether it involves my favorite characters or not.
    They have a vision on how the characters should be, and if you don't like that, then that's fine. But don't flame about them not adding 'non-romantic' options when there are and you were too occupied with spamming the forums about how Fiora and Rhys, or any other combination for that matter, was 'meant-to-be', instead of replaying the chapter, looking at the other options and realise that Telltale actually gives you options to keep the conversation neutral and friendly.

P.S. I played the episode several times. I didn't find any 'rude' options. I only found options in which she disapproves of your behaviour, aka not giving her the flower. But even then, Rhys talks about his intentions, and other then a shifty look, the two go on their way, untouched about what happened before.

• ''Janey and Athena here you go you have a representation,'' implying we shouldn't have more than them.

No that was a statement of fact, Rhou wrote they Gay people should have a representation and I wrote that you have nothing more than that.

''Dude that's the exact opposite the main media are flooded by homosexuality nowadays.'' 1) using the term 'homosexuality' 2) implying that there is TOO MUCH gay in media!!!!! whoa! tone it down, gays!

1. What is the other term that describe homosexuality?
    2. again statement of fact

''gay people have a choice in that matter. They can simply not play the game'' literally obviously homophobic, like use ur brain, brah. ''gays dont like it? well DONT PLAY THE GAME!!''

How saying that people shouldn't do what they don't like is homophobic? I don't like the game I don't play it simple as that

saying rhys and fiona arent gay. they are characters. if you can decide they're straight i can decide they're gay. they are CHARACTERS.

I can't decide anything TT can. They made those characters heterosexual. If they were Gay there would be a gay flirt option.

i would go on but you're boring and sucking up my energy so like go play call of duty or whatever str8 ppl are into, im done with this thread, u straight ppl aint gonna learn

Again with insults, you've been insulting and accusing me all the time while I hadn't done it once trying to be civil with you. But do you know who you are?
    A Heterophobe yeah I think that the term for it. So yeah that's the insult from my side

''Janey and Athena here you go you have a representation,'' implying we shouldn't have more than them. ''Dude that's the exact opposite t

• that doesnt prove they're straight that proves that sasha likes flowers

hope that this was just a joke

still waiting for you to prove those statistics? did u count them all? literally every person on the planet?
    and 90% of them said they were straight? nice.

Looks like someone have no arguments and is throwing insults

says the person who has literally not said a single thing of consistency and value all thsi time

proof they're straight??? im waiting at least for Rhys also 90% of the population is gay hope that this was just a

• You're welcome

by the way Seriously maybe let's make all the main characters gay to please the oh so poor low life gays and lesbians! Hey TT m

• I don't care about gay people. In fact I'm 100% neutral about them.

You know? I really don't have anything about gay people honestly I really don't care who they sleep with not my buissness

My words exactly

so you admit that you just dont care? wasnt it you who said u care about gay people or something?

• just so you know i didnt read any of this nonsense

''Janey and Athena here you go you have a representation,'' implying we shouldn't have more than them. No that was a statement of fa

• it was quite literally straight-coded like how u gonna look at that and say ''oh they're such good pals together :)'' they were quite literally forcing them into het flirting lol but ok

Cyanistic posted: »

I love how people assume that when 2 characters smile to eachother it's considered 'romantic'. Let her pick the flower, and she will squirt

• edited June 2015

i dont care about gay people

nice. well thanks for clearing that up i can lit just stop reading anything u post now

I don't care about gay people. In fact I'm 100% neutral about them. You know? I really don't have anything about gay people honestly I really don't care who they sleep with not my buissness My words exactly

• I'm just going to go ahead and say this.

Yes! The situations Rhys and Sasha were in were forced.
    It's called plot.
    A game has a plotline. Setpieces, areas, you name it.
    The decisions you had to make were merely choices you had involving how YOU think Rhys would have reacted out of 4 given lines. Meaning, he could have said any of those 4. It's no different than the actual Borderlands when you look at it.

'Oh, I have to spend my time in this game on the moon? BUT I WANT TO GO TO PANDORA! Way to limit my free will, developers!'
    ^That is you right now.

Rhys is most likely not gay. Which is 100% fine.
    Fiora is a bit of a wildcard for me, since nothing has really been established for her. Which is fine as well.

Just don't hate on what the developers have in mind for the characters when it comes to sexuality. Instead appreciate them for giving you the options they do give when they give them to you. If you can't handle that the developers can only program 4 choices in a scene you are better of buying visual novels from now on..

so you admit that you just dont care? wasnt it you who said u care about gay people or something?

Totaly a guy putting a flower in girl's hair and the girl letting him do it have absolutely nothing to do with them liking each other.

gay population

says the person who has literally not said a single thing of consistency and value all thsi time

Again with insults the fact that you do not think of my arguments as valid doesn't make them worthless. You're just so narrowminded that you out right refuse other point of view

that doesnt prove they're straight that proves that sasha likes flowers hope that this was just a joke still waiting for you t

That was unintentionally hilarious.

that doesnt prove they're straight that proves that sasha likes flowers hope that this was just a joke still waiting for you t

• And im just going to go ahead and say THIS:

Rhys is most likely gay. Telltale forced him into flirting with sasha but he's gay. So is fiona.
    Dont hate on that.

I'm just going to go ahead and say this. Yes! The situations Rhys and Sasha were in were forced. It's called plot. A game has a plotlin

• No. No they weren't.
    Yeah, the scene hinted that you should flirt, but nothing MADE you do it.
    Pick these 2 options

'Beautiful' and don't pick the flower.
    Everything is neutral with those 2 picked and nobody flirts. I'd suggest you go and play it again, pick those two and come back to me when you figured out what I am trying to tell you.

it was quite literally straight-coded like how u gonna look at that and say ''oh they're such good pals together '' they were quite literally forcing them into het flirting lol but ok

• [removed]

i dont care about gay people nice. well thanks for clearing that up i can lit just stop reading anything u post now

• How is he gay..?

And im just going to go ahead and say THIS: Rhys is most likely gay. Telltale forced him into flirting with sasha but he's gay. So is fiona. Dont hate on that.

• Then how do you know it's a nonsense? Your logic is terrific

just so you know i didnt read any of this nonsense

• how is he straight?

How is he gay..?

• Like this whole conversation, hilarious I learned something today

that doesnt prove they're straight that proves that sasha likes flowers That was unintentionally hilarious.

• Alt text

And im just going to go ahead and say THIS: Rhys is most likely gay. Telltale forced him into flirting with sasha but he's gay. So is fiona. Dont hate on that.

• Uhm. The whole scene with Sasha gives a pretty clear indication of him being straight. ESPECIALLY if you picked the 'Romantic?' option.

And I never claimed he IS straight. I am just saying it's fairly obvious hinted at..
    Where is your proof that he is gay? :P

• The setting was romantic, you enter a giant glowing garden and sasha looks romantically at you. You can say she's beaitufl or make an awkward rebuttal. Later you are AGAIN given the choice to flirt with her. Then you can pick up a flower and give it to her. This is called Consistency, pls google it.
    if you ''refuse'' he's awkward but it is not implied WHY u refuse (ie, im gay/im not attracted to you). It was quite literally stated that they SHOULD flirt but even if they dont ---hey, its because he's awkward. But not gay. And here is where yall fail to understand - they are C H A R A C T E R S. they do not have an agency. they are whatever they are MADE to be. I can say Rhys has 4 toes. How do you know he DOESNT? Bcs you say so? I can say anything. You can say anything. The fact that they are forced into hetero flirting, but not into gay flirting. still remains. And who made them do that? They didnt do it by themselves, its a video game not reality tv. They were programmed to. And here is where my problem is - why program them to be into het flirting only? Program them to be gay, too. Or dont program them at all and let ppl headcanon it however they see fit. But when u make them ONLY het, it's a problem. They are main characters in a RP-sort of game. And limiting that is, well, homophobic.
    DOes that clear it up?

No. No they weren't. Yeah, the scene hinted that you should flirt, but nothing MADE you do it. Pick these 2 options 'Beautiful' and do

• Don't waste your time read my conversation with him/her, you can't reason with that person and if you try he/she will start insulting you.

Uhm. The whole scene with Sasha gives a pretty clear indication of him being straight. ESPECIALLY if you picked the 'Romantic?' option. A

• edited June 2015

I love how people assume that when 2 characters smile to eachother it's considered 'romantic'. Let her pick the flower, and she will squirt the 'juice stuff' on her, and they laugh about it. So romantic. Wow. /sarcasm.

your words, literally just now. you literally claimed it wasnt romantic or w/e and now you claim they're straight bcs of it.... honestly maybe stop trying to contradict urself so much and jsut say that u dont want gay characters, which is where this is getting at.

btw where's ur proof he's straight?

Uhm. The whole scene with Sasha gives a pretty clear indication of him being straight. ESPECIALLY if you picked the 'Romantic?' option. A

This discussion has been closed.