The Hunger Games: The First Quarter Quell [BEING STARTED OVER]

edited February 2018 in Forum Games

Comments

• edited April 2016

Characters Dead or Presumed Dead:

Ronn, Poole, Emmy, Dray, Gally

• edited June 2015

That sounds great and I'm gladly joining! I'm going to submit a character right now, I just hope nobody submits the D7 female until I'm done with my writing, that would be unfortunate :D

By the way, is there a limit to how many characters we can create? Because I'd like to submit a second character later.

EDIT: And I submitted a character. I hope you like her :D

• You can submit another character, but it can't be a tribute. I'm actually putting in on of the POV characters as a game maker, so if you want to make one, they can go there.

That sounds great and I'm gladly joining! I'm going to submit a character right now, I just hope nobody submits the D7 female until I'm done

• If you could possibly promote this, that would help.

That sounds great and I'm gladly joining! I'm going to submit a character right now, I just hope nobody submits the D7 female until I'm done

• I just submitted a character. Hope you like it. BTW , I accidentally made her D9. Go ahead and put her in D8.

• Alrighty

mr.quality posted: »

I just submitted a character. Hope you like it. BTW , I accidentally made her D9. Go ahead and put her in D8.

• Submitted mine! Though maybe it would be good if we could create a second tribute, since it could be hard to get 24 people to create characters.

• True. I'm getting a few people to submit outside the forums, and that will help. If we need second characters, we'll cross that road when we come to it.

janitor posted: »

Submitted mine! Though maybe it would be good if we could create a second tribute, since it could be hard to get 24 people to create characters.

• Wub wub. Sub Sub.

• I might have send it twice. Sorry.

TheLier posted: »

Wub wub. Sub Sub.

• Submitted a character!

• Hey guys, I decided there will be five parts in this series, like in episodic format.

PART 1: THE PAWNS

PART 2: THE HAND

PART 3: THE TRIALS

PART 4: THE FOREST

PART 5: THE ARCH

• Yeah! submitted ;)

• Question: Will you follow the canon? Becuse if you do, then the District 12 guys must die.

Also, we are quite 'sexist' (including myself). Males everywhere.

• It will follow canon yes. But it doesn't necessarily mean 12 will die.

Question: Will you follow the canon? Becuse if you do, then the District 12 guys must die. Also, we are quite 'sexist' (including myself). Males everywhere.

• Well, Haymitch was the first winner form district 12, if I remember correctly.

It will follow canon yes. But it doesn't necessarily mean 12 will die.

• I can't explain it without spoilers. Just know you don't have to count 12 out of the race.

Well, Haymitch was the first winner form district 12, if I remember correctly.

• edited July 2015

No he's not. There was another victor from twelve also that died.

I can't explain it without spoilers. Just know you don't have to count 12 out of the race.

• edited July 2015

Hmm, might be a good time to reread the books.

Team Kenny: You hooked me in boy, now I'm really interested.

AAA_Jane posted: »

No he's not. There was another victor from twelve also that died.

• Haha mission accomplished.

Hmm, might be a good time to reread the books. Team Kenny: You hooked me in boy, now I'm really interested.

• edited July 2015

Here is the trailer for Part 1.

The man on the projection spoke louder than Aura could even imagine. It was as if he was trying to hammer the words into the skulls of the crowd with the harshness of his tone alone. They didn't need to hear these words again. Twenty-four of them get shipped off to die every year, and the Capitol treated it like a joke. Aura already knew the announcement by heart.

"And without further ado, I announce the 25th annual Hunger Games!"

The young man did not waiver in his gaze upon the sea. He simply pulled a small white rose from his breast pocket and laid it among the other flowers in his garden. "What does it mean to you, Gamemaker?"

"What does what mean, sir?"

"The concept of hope?" He took the rose and dropped it from the balcony into the fountain below. "Because to me, and to any quality citizen of the Capital, it is nothing more than a word. But like any word... If it is used incorrectly, in harmony with its brothers and sisters, it can mean your death. So choose them carefully."

"It is a truly special occasion. For this year's games marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of your salvation."

"No, you are not a fighter." Her father spoke to her. "You are many things, honey. Many wonderful things, but you are not a fighter. If you try to be a hero, you're going to fail."

"I'm coming back, dad." Penn shook her head and threw the last bite of her ham sandwich into the trash can. She pointed at it with a look of determination. "And when I do, this family won't ever have to worry about that again. No one in this district will."

"And yesterday, President Coriolanus Snow decreed that, in celebration of this magnificent event that unites our nation, a special rule will be placed upon the games, to quell the ambitions of those who might disagree with out methods."

For a moment, it felt like Saul was going to slip from the trees and plummet to the ground below: He'd never fallen before... He enjoyed spending most of his time in the trees, since there was nothing on the ground he could say was truly his. At least, within the branches he could be away from the world below. It was the only place he felt free.

And then Saul grabbed the last branch. He didn't have to climb farther to see what had become of his orchard. The space that was once fruit-bearing and inhabited was barren and empty. Dead stumps littered the ground like craters. Those trees were the only thing Saul could call his own, and now they were gone.

"This year, we will demonstrate that you are still free to choose for yourselves, and that all citizens, regardless of district, are still citizens of the Panem."

"Aura, you can't leave!" Corvin exclaimed, slamming the door behind him, trying to keep his sister in. Aura flinched as he did this. The door was hanging on its hinge by a thread already. After she left for the games, there would be nothing to protect her brothers except for that door. "If you leave, we'll have to go back with Uncle Crispin. The last time-"

"While I'm still breathing, you won't be anywhere near Crispin." She told her brother. "I'm coming back, you know. And if I don't...take Barker and run... And don't look back. Don't ever look back. Because the moment you do, they'll know where you are. Relax... In a few months, this family will have another victor."

"For this year, there will be no reaping. You shall choose amongst yourselves which tributes shall represent you. YOU decide for your district."

"You are nothing. It's time you got that through your skull, fish boy." Ronn scowled at him. It only caused Marten to clench his fists tighter. "You're going in that arena, and the moment the timer hits zero, if you're lucky, you'll make a minute." He waited a moment and then scoffed. "You and your bloody inmate fath-"

It was at this moment that Marten knew he was a monster. He grabbed the boy by the neck and shoved him underneath the water in a swift motion. He held him there until he began to gasp for breath. "YOU'RE NOTHING! YOU'RE NOTHING! YOU'RE NOTHING!"

"And so, this year, we speak to not only tributes, but to every child of Panem. Heed our words."

"I respectfully disagree, sir." Theo shook his head. "If hope is anything, it's glue. It doesn't reduce civilization to dust... It raises it higher."

President Snow spun around with a hint of malevolence in his piercing blue eyes. No one seemed to notice it except for Theo. "Well..." He chuckled lightly after a few seconds of shared silence. "I suppose we shall agree to disagree..."

"May the odds be ever in your favor."

THE HUNGER GAMES

EPISODE 1: THE PAWNS

• Alt text

Here is the trailer for Part 1. The man on the projection spoke louder than Aura could even imagine. It was as if he was trying to hammer

• edited July 2015

That trailer managed to make me even more excited for the story! The young Snow is at least as terrifying as the old Snow, this small glimpse of him gave me chills. And hype for Aura :D In fact, hype for all of the PoV's this trailer made me very excited for them. Especially Marten sounds like an intense guy and Gamemaker Theo is surely going to be very interesting. All in all, this was amazingly written and I'm sure this story is going to be awesome!

Here is the trailer for Part 1. The man on the projection spoke louder than Aura could even imagine. It was as if he was trying to hammer

• Thanks for the input :)

That trailer managed to make me even more excited for the story! The young Snow is at least as terrifying as the old Snow, this small glimps

• A bit off topic but:

This is might look like an election in the first two districts. Those guys are real wannabe tributes, or at least a good portion of them.

• That's their idea haha. For everyone else, they're just fucked.

A bit off topic but: This is might look like an election in the first two districts. Those guys are real wannabe tributes, or at least a good portion of them.

• I think this might be the best HG fanfic yet from what I've seen. Good luck with the story!

Thanks for the input

• It's been just a trailer so far lol :P but thanks.

AAA_Jane posted: »

I think this might be the best HG fanfic yet from what I've seen. Good luck with the story!

• Ok, when we will get the first one? Wait, I will answer, don't bother. Tomorrow.

I got my eye on you sonny!

It's been just a trailer so far lol :P but thanks.

• It'll probably be tomorrow yeah.

Ok, when we will get the first one? Wait, I will answer, don't bother. Tomorrow. I got my eye on you sonny!

• Oh my god. Thank god I found this. I missed the Hunger Games fanfics so much :D

I'm gonna submit a character in a bit! :3

• Okay, I just submitted :D Hdhxshhs i'm so excited for this.

• Oh my god.. HYPE

• All aboard the hype train haha

TWD_stan posted: »

Oh my god.. HYPE

• Will it be starting today? :o

All aboard the hype train haha

• It'll start whenever I get the first part done. Probably today or tomorrow yeah.

TWD_stan posted: »

Will it be starting today?

• I hope for today (GMT+2), coz I'm going away tomorrow for a week. And I will have no internet.

It'll start whenever I get the first part done. Probably today or tomorrow yeah.

• I will try

I hope for today (GMT+2), coz I'm going away tomorrow for a week. And I will have no internet.

• Thanks.

I will try

• edited July 2015

Prologue: The Events of Tomorrow

Theoram Warrik

Every street in this wonderful city was painted white like marble. Every tree bore the golden leaves of a better life. The faces of everyone he passed were jolly and smiling. All of it was a lie. He knew those faces were actually masks hiding the fear. The golden leaves were cheap knock-offs of the real thing. Under those paints that coated the Capitol was the agony of the citizens who were too afraid to speak up.

The tea tasted faintly of olives and the color of the leaves in early autumn. It was a difficult taste to describe, but it was one that Theo had grown accustomed to through his forty years of life. In the Capitol, it flowed like water. You could almost pluck food off of any tree you passed by on the street. Theo despised it.

Theoram Warrik was a simple man, or that's how he looked from the outside. He didn't fall into the chasm of debt that body modifications provided. He didn't wear make-up. He was born with a limp in his left leg and a bad eye which he hid behind a thick eyeglass. From an outsider's perspective, he wasn't even worth talking to. And that was the way he liked it. He didn't much enjoy the small talk of the Capitol folk. He didn't care about sports, or the latest fashion or technology. Theo cared about the games.

The day it all started was in January, and the place where Theo sat that afternoon was zone he had grown close to. It was a small coffee shop just outside the condo he called his summer home. It was the only one that served this brand of tea. Winkberry brew... The name of the restaurant and a genetically modified fruit. Though he opposed anything that defied nature, he couldn't say it didn't take the edge off.

He watched as the men and women around him walked throughout their beloved city, laughing and chatting about things that didn't matter. It pained Theo to know that he was one of them.

It was a lovely shop. There were lamps on the wall that, in the evening, would glow a radiant blue. The tables which were placed out on the walk in front of the store were made of wire and were painted black and white, the colors of the nation of Panem in which they lived. There was a rumor passed around that before the war, there were hundreds of nations, all coexisting with one another. Now, with most of the planet ravaged with nuclear waste and disease, there was only one. Panem, and the twelve districts it contained.

"Theo..." He heard a familiar voice ringing from above him. He gazed up from his tea for a moment to see it was the man he had spent the majority of his life with. Though they had grown up on different paths, Roman Walsh was Theo's best friend. He wasn't surprised to see him there. They had met there every week at the same time for as long as he could remember. "Theo, you got the job."

Theo instantaneously turned around to see his friend staring him back with the same disbelief he held. He stood at three feet, and so Theo didn't have to stand to meet him at eye level. "You're...you're joking..."

Roman took a seat on the iron wire chair across from his friend. "How many years have you known me, dear friend? Enough to know that I never joke."

Theo had passed the exam. He was a Gamemaker. He would finally sit on the panel of judges... He would finally create the arena... He had worked his entire life to become a Gamemaker for the games, and had fallen short every single time... until this time... Most people wanted the position for power... or for fun... but Theo wanted it because he had seen the suffering of those outside the marble walls. He knew he was going to end it, and he was determined to. Ever since the Dark Days drew to a close and the Capital instated the Hunger Games, Theo knew he would be the one to stop them.

Roman was a man of peculiar taste. It was part of the reason they had been friends for as long as they had. Most people enjoyed face paint and extravagant clothes. Roman preferred drab ones. Most people liked hard rock music or music that would make their ears bleed when they turned it on. When Roman listened to his music, it was always old styles like classical and jazz. Some people didn't even recognize what those things were anymore.

His brown hair was shaggy, yet still well kept, and hung below his ears. His beard was neatly trimmed and formed a perfect ring from under his nose to beneath his chin, and back again. But his most striking feature was his height. In a world with genetic modifications for sale in local drug stores, it was strange to find someone of his stature anymore, but he enjoyed it. Most likely for the same reason Theo enjoyed his monocle. It separated them from the others. They were unique.

"How does it feel to be a new Gamemaker?" Roman asked, running a hand through his slicked-back hair.

"That's funny..." Theo chuckled lightly. "You've been the Head of Gamemaking department for three years... And you're asking me how it feels?"

"Yeah, well I thought I would spare you. You've been mumbling about this under your breath for years. We're on equal ground once again. It's just like the old days again." He smiled for a moment, but realized Theo's silence and continued. "Right, Theo? Just like before the games!"

"before the games was worse. We were never on equal g-ground." Theo shook his head. "Your father was Secretary of Defense. You achieved your position because of him."

"Bah!" Roman laughed. "I achieved my position because of my wonderful imagination! Tell me you've seen one of my arenas that failed to please an audience. And besides, if I rose to power based on higher men than I, how the hell did you become a Gamemaker yourself?"

Theo frowned in his friend's direction, but after a few moments of hostile silence, the corner of his mouth turned upward and became a smile. Both men began to laugh their breath into the hazy winter air. "It's good to have you back, old friend." Theo said. Their friendship was odd for residing in the Capital. Both were extremely intelligent, perhaps too much so for their own good. They shared many moments of untrue argument that to any outsider might seem as though they were enemies. This was not true. There was no one on this earth that Theo trusted more.

Roman waved a hand toward the tea sitting beneath Theo's chin. He responded with a wave of his own hand and handed the glass to his friend. He took a sip and asked, "Do you remember last year's games?"

"Why, yes." Theo replied. "I believe it was a desert biome. What about it?"

"Well as the time draws near to decide on this year's arena, I've discovered I run out of ideas."

"You don't run out of ideas." Theo shook his head. "You are Roman Walsh, Head Gamemaker of Panem. You use to line your notebooks with ideas for arenas during college. It would be like if President Snow himself ever stood for re-election."

All of this conversation about the games seemed rather disgusting to Theo. They were discussing where and how to throw twenty-four children into a pit to die. He only had to continue reminding himself he had to. If he fell from this new position, there would be no other way to end it. It felt rather ironic, having to act in a terrible way in order to do something he knew was right.

"Careful what you say about Coriolanus." Roman shook his head and stared down into the steaming drink below him. "He does not take kindly to foul words."

"You're on a first name basis with the president?" Theo raised an eyebrow.

"Well..." He sighed. "He is on a first name basis with me. Just between you and I, for someone with as a large vocabulary as he has, I'd be surprised if 'respect' could be found in it."

Out of the corner of his eye, Theo spotted some younger citizens walking by, two women with eyelashes longer than life flailing in the breeze. One of them seemed to pick up a hint of the conversation and seemed to shake her head, but passed it off as nothing and continued on her way.

Theo let out his breath and sighed. "I suggest we discuss such things in a more secluded area."

"Ah! Secluded area! Speaking of which, I was pondering on what this year's biome will be, and I can't help but think that the openness and flatness of the desert calls for not many stealth opportunities. They could see each other from a mile away."

"Yes..." Theo agreed. "Most of the tributes died within the first day."

"And, from my wonderful imagination, I had the idea that I would let you decide for this year, Gamemaker Warrik."

"Decide? Are you sure?" The words hit him like a brick. He was only hoping to sit on the panel. He would have never dreamed to have such a large role in the games. This was his chance...

"I am clear as day." Roman smiled. "You're just starting, and I believe you're aware of the concept of beginner's luck? Just don't pick a desert..."

http://strawpoll.me/4818986

Sign in to comment in this discussion.