Ep. 3 opening credits

I just noticed a small difference in the clip during the opening song for Ep. 3. In my playthrough Fiona throws the shoe on Rhys's head, but watching Cryaotic playthrough the scene shows Jack messing with Rhys.

I found this really cool since, for me, it shows how much different paths (even for small things) are being added by TT to this game. But my question would be, do anyone noticed that and know what causes this difference?

Comments

• If you trusted Fiona, Vaughn will spend the whole intro being paralyzed. If you trusted Jack, Vaughn will interact more and there will be different scenes to.

I like how the intro changes depending on our choices.

• Yeah, but these both scenes I'm referring to happen while trusting Fiona. So there are even more events that can influence the intro (which is “awesome”).

If you trusted Fiona, Vaughn will spend the whole intro being paralyzed. If you trusted Jack, Vaughn will interact more and there will be different scenes to. I like how the intro changes depending on our choices.

• Aye, I didn't know about the shoe thing, because I always have Rhys ask Fiona for his shoe back.

TMLC posted: »

Yeah, but these both scenes I'm referring to happen while trusting Fiona. So there are even more events that can influence the intro (which is “awesome”).

• Yeah the intro was great, but in my game there was a glitch where Fiona threw the shoe at me even though I never lost my shoe to begin with, which, after what happens with Jack, disappoints me because what Jack does is way funnier and better than Fiona throwing the shoe.

• I actually like the shoe scene more, it's a really sweet moment. :P Glad I got it on my first playthrough.

Yeah the intro was great, but in my game there was a glitch where Fiona threw the shoe at me even though I never lost my shoe to begin with,

• It's when you don't ask Fiona to give you your shoe back, she does it in the intro then :p

Yeah, but these both scenes I'm referring to happen while trusting Fiona. So there are even more events that can influence the intro (which is “awesome”).

• It shows Fiona hanging up whatever mask you chose for the race in Ep1, the van will have the paint job you chose from Ep2, and the shoe/Jack scene. They're small things that don't really affect the rest of game, but it feels good to see the little nods here and there throughout the intro.

Also, here is one version of it, if you chose to trust Fiona and didn't get your shoe back from Fiona ->

• Same here, enjoyed that shoe scene. But it just makes you wonder what the hell happened that made them hate each other

Pipas posted: »

I actually like the shoe scene more, it's a really sweet moment. :P Glad I got it on my first playthrough.

• Best thing you can do is just choose to go to Old Haven instead of Hollowpoint as Rhys and Vaughn

Aye, I didn't know about the shoe thing, because I always have Rhys ask Fiona for his shoe back.

• edited July 2015

They're small things that don't really affect the rest of game, but it feels good to see the little nods here and there throughout the intro.

Exactly my point. And when you add to this the changes in entire sections of game (like the option to go, or not, to Hollowpoint in Ep. 2)… it’s simply great.

This game is, IMO, building up to be one of TT’s best games (if not the best).

Someguy12 posted: »

It shows Fiona hanging up whatever mask you chose for the race in Ep1, the van will have the paint job you chose from Ep2, and the shoe/Jack

• The whole effort is just brilliant to see, and, to be honest, I do really think that this is Telltale's best game so far. TWD was a crazy, significant, emotional ride. TWAU was just so enchanting and thoughtful (there was lots of theorising on the killer on the forums). GoT is another emotionally testing ride too. But, TFTB just seems to be the whole package, with humour, drama, great characters, music so good it would be criminal to not mention, and the best action setpieces I've ever seen from a Telltale game.

They're small things that don't really affect the rest of game, but it feels good to see the little nods here and there throughout the intro

• I know that if Fiona and Rhys are friendly with each other you get a scene where they are on the roof of the caravan with Loaderbot and Gortys playing cards. But if you arent on good terms the scene isn't there.

• She found out Jack is in his head. I mean, he's a mass murdering psycho who killed who knows how many people on Pandora.

Same here, enjoyed that shoe scene. But it just makes you wonder what the hell happened that made them hate each other

• The scene happens if you Trust Fiona.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I know that if Fiona and Rhys are friendly with each other you get a scene where they are on the roof of the caravan with Loaderbot and Gortys playing cards. But if you arent on good terms the scene isn't there.

• But that doesn't seem like a strong reason to hate Rhys. There must be something personal for that, so a better way would be if Jack took control of Rhys and did something terrible. Only then would she hate Rhys fully. So far, he has done nothing wrong to Fiona or even Sasha.

LeFedore posted: »

She found out Jack is in his head. I mean, he's a mass murdering psycho who killed who knows how many people on Pandora.

• If someone told me they had Hitler living in their head and helping them make decisions, I'd be pretty pissed off at them.

But that doesn't seem like a strong reason to hate Rhys. There must be something personal for that, so a better way would be if Jack took co

• Yeah but at the same time you dont need to agree or trust him. For me I haven't trusted Jack once, which makes future Fiona alot more friendly towards Rhys

If someone told me they had Hitler living in their head and helping them make decisions, I'd be pretty pissed off at them.

• Oh wow I never noticed that.

The scene happens if you Trust Fiona.

• But you have choices as Rhys to not allow Jack to help with decisions. Given how much Fiona seems to hate Rhys, I just think that that CAN'T be the only reason. He must have done something else to make her hate him so much. Perhaps that is acting on behalf of Jack, but the point remains that Rhys must have done something. I don't think Fiona would call Rhys a "lying, Hyperion jackass" purely because he has a copy of Jack in his head.

If someone told me they had Hitler living in their head and helping them make decisions, I'd be pretty pissed off at them.

• I figured that must be it, but wasn't sure.

• But my question would be, do anyone noticed that and know what causes this difference?

Don't think anyone really answered your question. If you're asking what causes the shoe scene vs Jack messing with you in the intro: You get your shoe back from Fiona eventually. You can get it from her in Old Haven if you talk to her and Sasha. However if you don't, or if you go to Old Haven first without them, she gives it to you in the intro sequence.

• Huh, I trusted Jack and I thought I got the scene as well? Though I could be wrong....

• Nah, if you trust Jack you get Rhys and Vaughn playing Pong scene.

Huh, I trusted Jack and I thought I got the scene as well? Though I could be wrong....

• ah, ok. yeah. I got that one for sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nah, if you trust Jack you get Rhys and Vaughn playing Pong scene.

• Thanks. I continued to Old Haven without them, so that’s what happened.

And I noticed that about the answers. But it was nice to read about all these different details too. :P

McCrabby posted: »

But my question would be, do anyone noticed that and know what causes this difference? Don't think anyone really answered your quest

Sign in to comment in this discussion.