The stranger's true Identity.

SO, we all know that BL'PS is having athena captured and questioned by Lilith,Mordecai and Brick. and we all know that TFTBL takes place after the events of BL2... SO maybe the 3rd episode they showed us Brick! so maybe its the episode where all shit goes down and they get athena, plus if you take her shield that will play a huge role, also THE STRANGER is maybe leading Rhys and Fiona to where lilith and athena are! remember that up untill now there is ONLY flashbacks of what 'may' had happened.. and Rhys/Fiona are not reliable. so maybe they are questioning them just like athena are.. a cool factor is athena may/may not die based on our choices! OR maybe they're done with athena and now they want Rhys and Fiona to tell their stories just like athena did! so yeah, i think we will have those flashbacks untill we go to sanctuary where brick/lilith and mordecai are in the present.... i feel strongly about this, especially after i saw brick in that promo and athena.
PLUS... why would that stranger hear fiona and rhys stories and not just kill them? doesnt make sense..

EPISODE 3 TEASER.

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text
Alt text

Comments

• That's interesting...

• edited March 2015

yes, its not lilith or the others, but a person who works for them and is bringing us to sanctuary .. because they are vault hunters, they dont need to hide. its BL logic. its very stupid if they did that xD

J-Master posted: »

That's interesting...

• I feel it could be Roland...
    though it would go against most belief through canon thinking about it could make sense
    I have a theory that the old new-u stations were used with atlas and when shutting atlas down in general know all over pandora sh*t got real.
    But then theres the CL4P's RR dlc but thinking it could just be a new software run trough hyperion to keep you alive to stop the units from....... uh what were they trying to accomplish with that anyways... thats a later thought. But when the original hunters got the job done the old new-u stations were replaced with hyperion models when jack is a little ways from ceo as roland uses the dahl->hyperion fast travel from elpis to helios. But what if hyperion missed one? what if old haven has sothanks for reading this theory... yep... thats all folks....mething? thinking about it roland is just to much of a badass to be killed by ONE BULLET (well at least permanently) I mean look at jack he was you know a data chip nakayama made to store the dudes brain probably the chip used in Jackenstein in sir hamerlocks BGH. and if the station IS still up rolands got a long way to walk... the software used by jack with the new fast travels are usable by roland too as in A damn fine rescue. But all in all the stations dont store you they store your last dna input with that roland is still a little ways before starting the crimson raiders because the software jack used in the hyperion stations ARE NOT THE SAME as the old atlas new-u's in a way the stranger is just what we all are on pandora right now a bandit just trying to shoot loot joypuke and get a little smirk on our face when we hit a bandit with a shotgun at assault/lmg range..... if im right or not theres still a way to get our Badass Crimson Leader back... (|/)

• .... I really dont like this autopicked image for my profile

Ezio_Gamn posted: »

I feel it could be Roland... though it would go against most belief through canon thinking about it could make sense I have a theory that

• Fixed it

.... I really dont like this autopicked image for my profile

• Very interesting, could be a neat link between this and the beginning of BL3. But,currently, it seems like the Stranger is obsessed with the Gortys Project (He first began by asking them about it, and wanted to find the energy chassis), so the theory would only work if Lilith and co. wanted Gortys. Perhaps they need her to find the Vault. However this would mean that Fiona and Rhys failed to find it themselves, since the Stranger would have asked them outright about what they found in the Vault

• Wait look at the picture of the stranger carefully. His skin at his wrist appears to be gray. Also his neck area shows that he's wearing a green mask/sweater looking thing. Not sure if this means anything though

• edited July 2015

From what i see around on the forums and these are my main three i think he could be

A. Felix

B. Vaughn

or C. Timothy(From the Pre-Sequal)

• except in a lot of people's playthroughs Felix blew up and his blood was splattered everywhere, not to mention some even shot him. Don't think that Telltale could pull another "I got lucky" scenario with Felix. The other two I agree could be a possibility though

The-CuteCat posted: »

From what i see around on the forums and these are my main three i think he could be A. Felix B. Vaughn or C. Timothy(From the Pre-Sequal)

• Yeah, I thought the Felix Theory was plausible but I'm not really sure since there is an option of killing him. Timothy and Vaughn are my main candidates for the Stranger. I'm really think its Timothy over Vaughn tho.

PoopBrown posted: »

except in a lot of people's playthroughs Felix blew up and his blood was splattered everywhere, not to mention some even shot him. Don't th

• If it was Timothy it would definitely provide MAJOR shock factor for those who haven't played the series before. Like what! Jack's alive! But then they'll realize it's Timothy, that is providing he hasn't done what somebody suggested and turned into Krieg from Borderlands 2 lol

Yeah, I thought the Felix Theory was plausible but I'm not really sure since there is an option of killing him. Timothy and Vaughn are my main candidates for the Stranger. I'm really think its Timothy over Vaughn tho.

• Same. His last words were "you were always my favorite"

• Regardless of whether they are Atlas or Hyperion made New-U stations are not canon - as has been stated by the creators/writers of Borderlands a jillion times.

I feel it could be Roland... though it would go against most belief through canon thinking about it could make sense I have a theory that

• just like what HandsomeJack said, i dont think the new-u is canon.. plus i really didnt like roland nor lilith during TPS. so i dont care for him to come back anymore.... also doubt that gearbox will take that direction of reviving a character thats dead.. and they made tiny tina dlc based on that, so i will feel cheated if he was alive all along

• edited July 2015

actually rhys says to the stranger in EP1 that Gortys is bad business... plus fiona seems MAD at rhys. or rather does not trust him. she also calls him ''lying-hyperian-jackass'' and he calls her a ''pandoran-scum'' so i can see this going SO WRONG. plus they are not vaulthunters in those flashbacks (yet,lol) in in present scenes they seem more advanced. and i think they are vaulthunters by now. and if you ask me then how are they kidnaped? athena also have, but i really hope gearbox take the fact that these characters are well developed and have potential! hope we can play as them in BL3 :)

Someguy12 posted: »

Very interesting, could be a neat link between this and the beginning of BL3. But,currently, it seems like the Stranger is obsessed with the

• I think its felix , i choose to shoot him, and the bomb blew up afterwards, but knowing telltale unless u see a body or see someone die, u never know for sure and they might comeback any day.

Yeah, I thought the Felix Theory was plausible but I'm not really sure since there is an option of killing him. Timothy and Vaughn are my main candidates for the Stranger. I'm really think its Timothy over Vaughn tho.

• Another "Timothy is the stranger!" theory:

I was replaying the first half of the latest episode this morning and noticed that the stranger actually sounds pretty sad and resigned when Fiona says "Your mask..." and then asks him about it. He hints to her that he wears it to protect himself, and that showing his face would put him in danger, but then gets vague and follows it up with "or maybe I just think it looks cool". I'm thinking there's a VERY high probability he's at least someone we've met before.

While he could be a character we thought died in the other three games (or earlier in this game, like Felix), I really want him to be Timothy. He'd definitely have people after him if they saw his face, and maybe he wears bulky layers to either ensure even more than he won't be recognized? Or the bulk is from protective gear he wears underneath the clothes? Yes, I know I'm stretching, but I really, really want Timothy to be in this game and to be in the next Borderlands game. He was too precious, and it gives us an excuse to hear more of Dameon Clarke's awesome voice acting without players whining that HJ is overused (which I've heard quite a few times in the fandom)

• I happened to get up to that same point last night, and I'd forgotten about the Stranger mentioning about his mask and its potential coolness factor! I did a bit of cringe/laugh when Fiona shut him down, poor thing. I have to admit that it was another moment added to he 'Hopefully The Stranger is My Boy Tim' pile.

nursethalia posted: »

Another "Timothy is the stranger!" theory: I was replaying the first half of the latest episode this morning and noticed that the strange

• But they wouldn't know about the alien, Sanctuary doesn't know it exists until Borderlands TPS Present Part. So what motivation would they have to bring them their other than Gortys who Moxxi and Zer0 were hunting.

Mercyva posted: »

yes, its not lilith or the others, but a person who works for them and is bringing us to sanctuary .. because they are vault hunters, they dont need to hide. its BL logic. its very stupid if they did that xD

• Royland hates Hyperion and that gun the stranger has is the Conference Call, A Hyperion shotgun.

• The strangers true identity is...

JOHN CENA

• Its probably going to be an Eridian warrior trying to get all the pieces together for the final battle to start BL3.

• I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'm definitely sure an Eridian Warrior wouldn't be able to fit in the stranger's suit bud.enter image description hereenter image description here

Tdurden593 posted: »

Its probably going to be an Eridian warrior trying to get all the pieces together for the final battle to start BL3.

• Unless they have access to a quick change machine and a corpse (or at least said corpse's face)...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'm definitely sure an Eridian Warrior wouldn't be able to fit in the stranger's suit bud.

• WE WILL FIND OUT AT SUUUUUUUPEEEERSLAAM.

Gary-Oak posted: »

The strangers true identity is... JOHN CENA

• A neck which is no longer attached to his head or his body.

• Roland hates the mega-corps. as a whole. At the top of the list would be Atlas. Hyperion was just the one ready to fill in when Atlas' bankruptcy cause a power vacuum.

Valebread posted: »

Royland hates Hyperion and that gun the stranger has is the Conference Call, A Hyperion shotgun.

• Anthony Burch admitted the new-u was a plot hole he didn't try to fix. So it's only non-canon for NPCs.

As for your what you wrote about TPS.... the only part of Lilith I don't like in it is in the ending cut scene, where she is ordering the execution. And it's entirely because it is out of character for her. Tina's DLC showed that Lilith had grieved and was moving on from Roland's death but the TPS has her character regress in that scene, holding a grudge against someone not directly involved with his death. And her actions in the scene is not like her in the gameplay part of TPS, where the narrative is clearly skewed because it's Athena/Jack's pov of the events (the idea that Lilith, Moxxi, and Roland "created" Jack is very weak argument when you actually look at established history from all the games, and not just TPS). I end up looking at the ending as the writers were just trying to make it more dramatic than it needed to be.

Mercyva posted: »

just like what HandsomeJack said, i dont think the new-u is canon.. plus i really didnt like roland nor lilith during TPS. so i dont care fo

• Have you played BL2?

Another "Timothy is the stranger!" theory: I was replaying the first half of the latest episode this morning and noticed that the strange

• So here are my observations:
    Going on to the Borderlands wikia and checking out the article on Lillith I saw this little snippet
    terrible screenshot, I apologize
    [link to the article]
    (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Lilith)
    Samuel L. Jackson's brother?? Hmmm that name seems familiar, possibly from when I was reading the Wikipedia article for Tales from the Borderlands
    [link to article]
    (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_the_Borderlands)
    [screenshot]
    (http://i.imgur.com/D53cPDY.jpg)
    There's Samuel L. Jackson's brother again!
    I think Lillith is the masked stranger.

• enter image description here

Woah,dude!How did I never notice this,you really just won the internet.

P.S:But really,How could they put such a spoiler in there?

• Literally anyone can edit the Wiki - it's likely someone trolling.

ZapThroat posted: »

Woah,dude!How did I never notice this,you really just won the internet. P.S:But really,How could they put such a spoiler in there?

• Seriously?I thought it had to be approved by the mods first before being added to there.Welp,atleast I’m not spoiled now ;)

Literally anyone can edit the Wiki - it's likely someone trolling.

• Yeah. Why?

Have you played BL2?

• Nevermind, I believed Timothy was the Jack double you get to horribly murder in Opportunity but turns out he's not.......

Yeah. Why?

• Wow...........

Sorry, my mind's spinning. This could easily be a red herring, though.

So now they're going to have to explain why Lilith is personally getting the Gortys, but also do the cloak and dagger. That's really far from who she is. Because now Sanctuary, is super vulnerable. They have no mechanic (well, I guess Moxxi), but unless they have a new shield, she was the city's main line of defense. She understands she has a responsibility to those people, hence why since Roland's death she doesn't leave the city for that long. Also why keep Fiona in the dark? She's a Vault Hunter now, and I don't think it's that crazy to believe she has joined the Raiders. Also, the fact that it's a shotgun the stranger carries is a minor detail but Lilith's go to weapons were repeater pistols and SMGs (when she actually still used guns).

• My reaction exactly! I do agree, it seems a little obvious. I'm not super Wikipedia saavy, maybe there's a way to see when that section was edited? Perhaps it was only with the release of the newest episode that they included that info. But if it's been there the whole time and it's not a trap I'm gonna feel really stupid!!!!

ZapThroat posted: »

Woah,dude!How did I never notice this,you really just won the internet. P.S:But really,How could they put such a spoiler in there?

• It very well could be a red herring. I just wanted to make sure everybody saw what I saw and that I want going crazy! I feel like with a red herring they would make it someone that more people have been expecting. Timothy, Felix etc. Besides, after reading all the discussion threads about the strangers identity, especially with a lot of comments having Lillith on the list of people it COULDN'T be I would be absolutely shocked to find out it was her. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see! Hopefully they don't make us wait too long!

Wow........... Sorry, my mind's spinning. This could easily be a red herring, though. So now they're going to have to explain why Lili

• It is on two different sites. I know Wikipedia there has to be some kind of approval from somebody (whether they know anything about the game might be another story)

Literally anyone can edit the Wiki - it's likely someone trolling.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.