Now that you've seen both outcomes...

2»

Comments

• You can buy a new hat, the Steampunk Princess outfit comes with one. Rhys doesn't get beaten up by Loader Bot if you let him evacuate.

Killah posted: »

No. I trusted Jack because Fiona won't lose her hat and Rhys won't get beaten up by LoaderBot,Vaughn won't get paralyzed.

• Vaughn gets paralyzed for 9 days. If you use ECHO eye on Loader Bot before entering the Atlas facility in episode 2 he's 247 days old, and when you scan him at the Atlas dome he's 256 days old.

The_Duck posted: »

Was it really a bad idea, though? I mean, if you chose Fiona, then Vaughn gets paralyzed for who knows how long, and Rhys gets beaten up by

• edited July 2015

Yes he does, Loader Bot was still being controlled by Vasquez.

LeFedore posted: »

You can buy a new hat, the Steampunk Princess outfit comes with one. Rhys doesn't get beaten up by Loader Bot if you let him evacuate.

• As much as is possible with a psychopath. Jack is only your pal as long as it's advantageous. The moment he can afford to throw Rhys under the bus he will.

I trusted Jack and I don't regret it at all. We became pals.

• Ever get the idea that Rhys was Jack? When you hear the voice saying you are nothing but a disgusting code monkey, all swagger no substance. that is what Tassiter would say to Jack. Jack, at first made it his life's mission to destroy Tassiter in the company, sound familiar? Killing off Vasquez is really just following in a long and proud tradition of Hyperion. In the pre-sequel you get a feel for it when you listen to the recordings in the "Hall of Heroes" (still wonder if that old woman is Jacks grandmother and if that cat was THEE cat)
    I think Rhys like Jack could go either way. I say this not believing that Jack is completely and irredeemably evil, if nothing more than for story telling reasons. Totally evil, unremarkable characters are flat and as dull as the perfect hero.

For me, hailing to the king definitely paid off (for the JackApedia alone)! I was so shocked doing my Fiona playthough that her plan was

• But Rhys' scanning capabilities are so much cooler now!D : Honestly. I never really used the ECHO Eye stuff before.>_>

Piggs posted: »

Those aren't too bad in comparison to Rhys' scanning capabilities being fucked, him losing the trust of his friends and a potential love interest, and a murderous warlord having free-reign to take over his body and stroll around.

• Odds are the AI didn't do any of those things, though.

I honestly don't understand why so many people are okay with Jack having Rhys' body. He tortured Tannis, killed Roland, Bloodwing, Helena Pe

• If they're real friends, they won't hate us just because Rhys was acting a little weird after falling and hitting his head.

derrickd95 posted: »

I do regret trusting Jack. I'm worried about the scene when Rhys was knocked out and Jack was destroying our relationships with the rest of

• I am SO not telling her about Jack. She REALLY hates Hyperion, remember? Letting her know Jack is in our head and can gain control of our body is NOT gonna go over well...

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Even tell her about Jack? Did you try and tell Athena? So funny.

• Trusting Jack led to the better outcome imo. I don't want Vaughn paralyzed and Fiona's hat gone. I would rather have Loaderbot shove his face into the ass of the statue. Not to mention Dumpy :D

• Super regret "Trusting" Jack. Bit me in the ass just like I knew it would.

Why couldn't you have had a better plan, Fiona?

• What do you mean?D :

Rock114 posted: »

Super regret "Trusting" Jack. Bit me in the ass just like I knew it would. Why couldn't you have had a better plan, Fiona?

• Subjective, man. For the most part, I think they're much more useless. You scan something, and the comedic and useful information is replaced with Jack fucking around and not really knowing what he's doing.

But Rhys' scanning capabilities are so much cooler now!D : Honestly. I never really used the ECHO Eye stuff before.>_>

• How? Except for his new control, it has little backlash.

Super regret "Trusting" Jack. Bit me in the ass just like I knew it would. Why couldn't you have had a better plan, Fiona?

• edited July 2015

Wha? So she shot at your friends, not like he killed them or anything, his bad and he did apologize. That is progress. And taking over his body wasn't a bad thing,Rhys was knocked out cold and there was attacking plant thing around. it wasn't like Sasha would be able to carry Rhys back to safety. The only real down side would be the fact that Jack has zero filters and shoots his mouth off at every possible opportunity to do so. I'm thinking the damage done with his friends is more fixable than being dead. Although dead in Borderlands is subjective.

• Come now, you must know by now what I mean and how I feel about Jack.

Not a fan of having Jack able to control my body.

What do you mean?D :

• Having Jack control me is the exact thing I didn't want to happen. It'll only get worse the further in we go.

How? Except for his new control, it has little backlash.

• Um... shooting at us and nearly killing us isn't something that goes away by just saying "Sorry." I don't like Jack. He's evil. I've made my thoughts on him perfectly clear elsewhere on the forum. The AI was based on an evil mind. On the off chance this AI is actually becoming less of a maniac than the person it was based on it's going to take more than him apologizing for nearly killing me and being a douche to my friends to change my opinion.

Wha? So she shot at your friends, not like he killed them or anything, his bad and he did apologize. That is progress. And taking over his b

• Oh, you mean him being stretched over Loader Bot. I thought there was some determinant scene where Loader Bot attacks Rhys if Vaughn was paralyzed and you didn't evacuate him.

BipedalP posted: »

Yes he does, Loader Bot was still being controlled by Vasquez.

• The AI is based on Jack, it has his memories and his thoughts. It thinks like Jack. If it got control of Rhys' body 24/7 he'd just go back to killing everyone.

Odds are the AI didn't do any of those things, though.

• edited July 2015

Did not know that... I evacuated him so Rhys didn't get beat up. I thought you were talking about Rhys getting punched by Loader Bot when he lifted Rhys and Fiona while he was still being controlled by Vasquez.

Oh, you mean him being stretched over Loader Bot. I thought there was some determinant scene where Loader Bot attacks Rhys if Vaughn was paralyzed and you didn't evacuate him.

• .....But it's hilarious.... :(. Seriously, I laughed so hard when it came up that Jack was getting bored of me scanning "goddamn" mushrooms.

Subjective, man. For the most part, I think they're much more useless. You scan something, and the comedic and useful information is replaced with Jack fucking around and not really knowing what he's doing.

• edited July 2015

I'm going with Jack, Vaughn gets WAY more to do in the episode, has an absolutely hilarious scene where he questions whether or not he's going to touch a plant, and has a very nice buddy scene with Rhys. If you pick Fiona, Vaughn is paralyzed and does nothing throughout most of the episode and feels under used, and I found the intro action scene to be cooler and better handled than the Fiona one which I found a tad too frustrating and a little clumsy and cluttered.

Sure, Handsome Jack takes control of Rhys for a couple of minutes, but part of me feels like that's kind of where the story should go.

• I think siding with Jack was funnier, but Fiona is my canon. When the ugly truth comes out, I want the gang to be on Rhys' side. Plus there's some really cute moments together.

• Not the best comment to reply to this one, but I find it funny how your previous picture was of Luke (assuming he was your favourite character) and how it's Jack.

Like how my favourite character was Luke, but I changed it to Jack. I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Those aren't too bad in comparison to Rhys' scanning capabilities being fucked, him losing the trust of his friends and a potential love interest, and a murderous warlord having free-reign to take over his body and stroll around.

• edited July 2015

The guilt from replacing my Lukey-Wukey avatar was intense.

Not the best comment to reply to this one, but I find it funny how your previous picture was of Luke (assuming he was your favourite charact

• I'm sure he'll understand why you chose to replace him for a genocidal hot guy.

The guilt from replacing my Lukey-Wukey avatar was intense.

• Because Jack is cool.

I honestly don't understand why so many people are okay with Jack having Rhys' body. He tortured Tannis, killed Roland, Bloodwing, Helena Pe

• Chose Jack. Fiona hates Rhys regardless of your actions, so why even bother trying to bond with her?

Jack is fun. Plus i thought his plan was an actual plan.

• I know, but I don't care. I played both Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 and I've always loved his character, so I'm just enjoying the fact that I can bond with him. We don't even know yet if Jack is just manipulating Rhys or not, so honestly I'd rather play the future episodes to see for myself~ I'm 100% with Jack no matter what.

BipedalP posted: »

As much as is possible with a psychopath. Jack is only your pal as long as it's advantageous. The moment he can afford to throw Rhys under the bus he will.

• I liked Jack's route. Dumpy kinda sold it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.