*SPOILERS* Rhys's true identity

So, I have known this since the first episode's ending and am surprised nobody else saw this coming.

Rhys is Professor Nakayama's clone of Handsome Jack.

I really don't see how anyone didn't understand this by the end of the first episode. That is also why Handsome Jack's personality matrix is stored on him; so that Nakayama could create a second/revival of Handsome Jack if the time ever came when it was needed.

There you go. Do what you will with the information; I am just surprised nobody seems to see this coming from miles away.

Comments

• No.

Rhys got Handsome Jack's matrix on him because in EP.1 you uploaded it onto yourself. Nice try though but it's not right.

• And yet it is able to take him over.

Literally, how does nobody see this coming? Rhys IS Handsome Jack's clone.

Tell me why this is likely not the case, because personally I can see it; especially because the game starts off by talking about Nakayama trying to create a clone of Handsome Jack. If that is not foreshadowing, then what was it?

No. Rhys got Handsome Jack's matrix on him because in EP.1 you uploaded it onto yourself. Nice try though but it's not right.

• And yet it is able to take him over.

Because Handsome Jack is a virus and Rhys has brain augmentations.

Literally, how does nobody see this coming?

Because it isn't true.

Rhys IS Handsome Jack's clone.

Nope.

especially because the game starts off by talking about Nakayama trying to create a clone of Handsome Jack.

In Borderlands 2 we met Nakayama and he destroyed all the samples he had of Jack's DNA and we killed the only "Clone" he created...We didn't kill Nakayama, stairs did that for us. He although in TPS created an AI form of Jack which he has been modifiying over the years up until his death. He had the biochip on his body which we found in Shade's emporium and Rhys uploaded it onto his brain and augmentations to gain access to Hyperion again. Rhys is not a clone, simple.

• Rhys has been working at Hyperion for years, and went to college, so no.

• Well, its kinda obvious that hes not .-.

• Tell me why this is likely not the case

1. Rhys and Vaughn have a discussion about their college life together which could not have happened if Rhys were grown inside of a test tube after Borderlands 2
    2. There's deleted audio of Rhys talking about his mom making him wait inside the car which also could not have happened if he were grown inside of a test tube
    3. He doesn't even look that much like Handsome Jack
    4. A Handsome Jack clone would not be working as a low level Hyperion lackey
    5. If Handsome Jack were in him since he was 'spawned' then it would be odd for him to just suddenly start appearing after Rhys stuck Nakayama's drive in his head

Good try, buddy.

• I don't think you know what the word "clone" means...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.