I think I know why Rhys' tie is tucked in

The developers wanted him to have one to evoke the corporate aesthetic of his character (and to further differentiate his ensemble from his future iterations attire), but since he's constantly put into dangerous and highly kinetic situations, they didn't want to be bothered by the "physics" of how a normally worn tie would move in such chaotic scenarios.

Comments

• Nice work cracking the case!

Alt text

• Bigby had an untucked tie ;-;

• And they cried too much for that i think.

Poogers555 posted: »

Bigby had an untucked tie ;-;

• Or maybe it's not a tie, maybe he just spilled ketchup in a perfect rectangle down his shirt and it solidified so he's grown fond of it :p

• This is just like when I found out Santa wasn't real.

YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING.

• immersion broken

This is just like when I found out Santa wasn't real. YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING.

• Random aside: I choose to believe that the reason Rhys doesn't wear a tie in the present-day scenes is that he was genuinely hurt by Gortys' comments and was determined to look as stylish as possible so that no robot would ever mock him again.

• I like the theory that he (or Jack through his body) uses it to strangle somebody in his way and no longer wears one in the present because he's ashamed of what he did.

Random aside: I choose to believe that the reason Rhys doesn't wear a tie in the present-day scenes is that he was genuinely hurt by Gortys' comments and was determined to look as stylish as possible so that no robot would ever mock him again.

• I never imagined his tie would have so much backstory.

But then, I never even imagined it was a tie until this episode.

The-Qing posted: »

I like the theory that he (or Jack through his body) uses it to strangle somebody in his way and no longer wears one in the present because he's ashamed of what he did.

• O_O

Well, that certainly took a turn...

The-Qing posted: »

I like the theory that he (or Jack through his body) uses it to strangle somebody in his way and no longer wears one in the present because he's ashamed of what he did.

• As soon as i heard that tie dialogue i thought the same thing.

Gortys hurt Rhys' fashion feelings, so when he had the opportunity he changed things up.

Random aside: I choose to believe that the reason Rhys doesn't wear a tie in the present-day scenes is that he was genuinely hurt by Gortys' comments and was determined to look as stylish as possible so that no robot would ever mock him again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.