I have a bad feeling about Sasha's future...

I have this horrible feeling that in episode 4, something terrible is going to happen on helios, ending sasha's life. It may be something that ends up partially Rhys' fault, explaining why Fiona and Rhys are so resentful towards each other in the flashes forward in time.

Vaughn is also still gone too so he very well might be the stranger. I'm kinda convinced by the way Vaughn spoke with Rhys in the playthrough where you choose Jack over Fiona; he talks about how confidence is in the way you make yourself appear and the way you act.

That and also these pictures:

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/vaughn-v2.jpg

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/14/nov/bl1.jpg

Check out the belt on vaughn, and the.. thing on the stranger

Comments

• I don't know if Sasha's death is a likely thing to happen in the "past." Fiona's relationship with her is a plot forced close one, which means that she cares about her no matter how you play her. And idk but I don't really feel like Fiona is giving out a "mourning" feeling in the present scenes imo.

Though I can see Vaughn being the Stranger tbh

• According to unused dialogue, it's been two years since their incident with the vault key/gortys. If Sasha died, it's very possible that Fiona has moved on a bit.

I don't know if Sasha's death is a likely thing to happen in the "past." Fiona's relationship with her is a plot forced close one, which mea

• edited July 2015

I can see Sasha dying, actually. Her big dream is to get off of Pandora and "look down at it from space", as Fiona put it. If she died up there, she'd have her final wish fulfilled, pretty much wrapping up her character arc. Plus, Rhys' recent, potentially romantic with Sasha would make it extra tragic.

• i want no one to die :(

• Rhys and Fiona's bickering in the future parts is pretty light-hearted. If he was to blame for Sasha's death, I think we'd see some real anger and bitterness there.

I also really don't want Sasha to die. ;-;

• You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

HeartOfGold posted: »

Rhys and Fiona's bickering in the future parts is pretty light-hearted. If he was to blame for Sasha's death, I think we'd see some real anger and bitterness there. I also really don't want Sasha to die. ;-;

• No, she can't die, she hasn't gotten together with Rhys yet.

In all seriousness though, as other people have said, I doubt that's the reason why Fiona is mad at Rhys as she doesn't appear to be grieving or mourning the loss of Sasha and, while she's angry with him, if he was the cause of the death of her sister, she would probably be much angrier.

• do you have this unused dialogue?

• edited July 2015

man...sometimes I have to remind myself that its not the walking dead game .....

anyway I don't think she's gonna die....but I can see her get kidnapped by August and Vallory 'bring the Gortys back or else' :P

• Well, Im guessing episode 4 is when we wont play in the past anymore by the end. So ep 4 is when we will most likely find out what happened to Vaughn and Sasha

• I thought the unused dialogue said it was only one year (unless there's been a new one with ep 3)?

• If she does die that would explain why future Rhys had a regretful face for making an alliance with Jack in ep 3 (He also makes a sad face when he doesn't as well). Something must have happened

• edited July 2015

I'm almost sure that that's not going to happen.

This is borderlands, a light-hearted B-movie type of thing, not Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead where things actually have hard consequences. It wouldn't fit the tone and so, if they do have it happen, it would be purely for shock value. Nothing in the series so far has even hinted at it having happened, or going to happen in the future. Hell, they even had Vaughn become paralyzed rather than being killed by Dumpy, and Vasquez was killed just to make way for the new ubervillain Vallory. If they did do it, it would almost be purely for easy shock value, which I'm sure any halfway decent Telltale writer will realize would be a bad move. Plus, who's even going to do it? August? Yeah right, he still has feelings for her. Vallory? Yeah right, her son still has feelings for her (and I refuse to believe she doesn't have at least a soft spot or even nuance to her character).

Keep the faith strong!

• it's still 12 weeks if we're lucky...

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, Im guessing episode 4 is when we wont play in the past anymore by the end. So ep 4 is when we will most likely find out what happened to Vaughn and Sasha

• But the episode 5 thumbnail shows Rhys and Fiona in their past clothes o.O

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, Im guessing episode 4 is when we wont play in the past anymore by the end. So ep 4 is when we will most likely find out what happened to Vaughn and Sasha

• It's a light-hearted game, it's not TWD or Game of Thrones, it's a comedy game. Granted, Borderlands has had some tearjerker moments, namely Roland and Bloodwing, but they're few and far between. I'm fairly sure they're just gonna go comedy all the way through.

• Lazy Telltale

bigdogg0821 posted: »

But the episode 5 thumbnail shows Rhys and Fiona in their past clothes o.O

• edited July 2015

Present day Fiona refers to Sasha in the first episode, "I'll give Sasha this much..." it really doesn't sound like the way she'd refer to her if she were dead. Also it implies that the two of them aren't as close as they were before, or at least aren't on the same supportive and loving terms that they were in the past. I'm thinking maybe it's because Sasha for some reason decides to work for Vallory and/or maybe gets back together with August (genuinely this time)? And Fiona clearly doesn't approve, hence the dismissiveness. Or, perhaps Sasha joins the Crimson Raiders? Her SMG that she's so attatched to is Atlas, and the raiders did start off from ex-crimson lance soldiers, so that's what makes me think this is a possibility.

• NEW THEORY! In the dome if you ask to vaught serch the computers form infromation about the VAULT OF THE TRAVELER, he says that the vault change locations all over the universe, maybe sasha and vaught got "traped" inside and are now "traveling" trow the universe inside a vault.

• Maybe I'm wrong. Shit. but either way, that's plenty of time for mourning.

I thought the unused dialogue said it was only one year (unless there's been a new one with ep 3)?

• Not on me, no. I'm on my phone right now, so tell me if you can't find it yourself and I can try digging it up.

clap-tp posted: »

do you have this unused dialogue?

• I keep imagining/hoping that Episode Four will have a choice where you, as Rhys, have to choose between saving Sasha or Vaughn, with Jack interfering to also save the person you didn't choose if you have a good enough relationship with him.

• Sasha is pretty high up on my 'Probably Going to Die' list. She's right below Loaderbot. Mainly because now she has been shown to mean a lot to both playable characters, so for the sake of character development she's an easy target.

...I don't really know what else to say on this matter besides I hope it doesn't happen. I don't want to have to replace the Rhysha on my avatar with RIP.

• Yup, she will probably die soon.

• nah. 5 bucks she doesn't die.

• edited July 2015

Then there is the question why the Stranger is hunting for Gortys pieces since Vaults can be opened once every 200 years and if they were to get trapped inside one its unlikely they can open it again during their lifespan.

Unless Gortys can lead to other vaults besides vault of the traveler, but Sasha and "vaught" will still not be able to exit the vault.

jackymasdar posted: »

NEW THEORY! In the dome if you ask to vaught serch the computers form infromation about the VAULT OF THE TRAVELER, he says that the vault ch

• edited July 2015

Deal!

Kruzii posted: »

nah. 5 bucks she doesn't die.

• Alt text

JMOREL posted: »

Deal!

• I don't know, it'd seem kinda cheap if they went and killed her like that.

Piggs posted: »

I can see Sasha dying, actually. Her big dream is to get off of Pandora and "look down at it from space", as Fiona put it. If she died up th

• I'm still banking on the theory that Rhys and Fiona are just acting hateful towards each other.

• edited July 2015

I would not bank on this. The start of the game indicated that there were problems between them.
    By memory it went something along the lines of:

Rhys yelling: "Come on, we can work this out!"

Rhys sees the Stranger walking toward him.

Rhys: "What, is there a chemical leak somewhere i don't know ab.."

The stranger punches Rhys in the face and ties him up.

It also shows that Rhys doesn't know about the Strangers plans to kidnap him and Fiona, unless they managed to agree and plan that ahead. Fiona probably could pull it off considering she is an experienced con-artist, but Rhys - nah.

EDIT: Was it been told yet how Fiona got kidnapped? My memory might be faulty.

I'm still banking on the theory that Rhys and Fiona are just acting hateful towards each other.

• I'm almost positive that they won't. This is a comedy drama more than anything. Besides, comedies are rarely limited in having tragic moments; have you ever played Conker's Bad Fur Day?

LeFedore posted: »

It's a light-hearted game, it's not TWD or Game of Thrones, it's a comedy game. Granted, Borderlands has had some tearjerker moments, namely

• She probably would have killed him already.

No, she can't die, she hasn't gotten together with Rhys yet. In all seriousness though, as other people have said, I doubt that's the rea

• Yes. I'm just TftB is mostly light-hearted. They could've killed off Vaughn or Sasha at the start of Episode 3 if they wanted shock value, but that's not really what the game, or what Borderlands as a franchise, is going for.

Piggs posted: »

I'm almost positive that they won't. This is a comedy drama more than anything. Besides, comedies are rarely limited in having tragic moments; have you ever played Conker's Bad Fur Day?

• Well said.

I'm almost sure that that's not going to happen. This is borderlands, a light-hearted B-movie type of thing, not Game of Thrones or The W

• edited July 2015

@JamesDalton1995 yeah I thought about that too and it is highly probable.

I'm still banking on the theory that Rhys and Fiona are just acting hateful towards each other.

• One General Pollux disagrees with you.

Yes. I'm just TftB is mostly light-hearted. They could've killed off Vaughn or Sasha at the start of Episode 3 if they wanted shock value, but that's not really what the game, or what Borderlands as a franchise, is going for.

• I'm not sure Loader Bot even CAN die.

mirashade posted: »

Sasha is pretty high up on my 'Probably Going to Die' list. She's right below Loaderbot. Mainly because now she has been shown to mean a lot

• Yeah, I'm not saying that they're going to make every moment tragic and constantly shove shock value down our throats, much like TWD did. I just expect there to be some big, tragic event later in the story, towards the end. Maybe a bitersweet/bad ending.

Yes. I'm just TftB is mostly light-hearted. They could've killed off Vaughn or Sasha at the start of Episode 3 if they wanted shock value, but that's not really what the game, or what Borderlands as a franchise, is going for.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.