Model swaps are just the first step, but I need help with step 2...

So I got inspired by the model swap stuff I've been seeing for the recent Tales chapter, and I wanted to mess around a bit. The problem I ran into is that the events don't work if I swap out the main characters. I'm assuming this has to do with the animation files not matching up. Does anyone know how to correct this? I'm assuming it's a lot more complicated than just renaming a few files, which is why there aren't any tutorials.

Thanks!

Comments

• The deal with swapping the protagonist is that that won't be able to move and stuff by just switching the .prop. What I usually do if I can is just switch out the .d3dmesh files that would work a lot better. It's really limited but in some cases it works.

• I figured there had to be more to it, thanks. Is there a tutorial for this online somewhere? I might just be searching the wrong keyword, but I haven't found anything useful.

javoris767 posted: »

The deal with swapping the protagonist is that that won't be able to move and stuff by just switching the .prop. What I usually do if I can

• Well, there's the OTWDF.

In which would be your best source of modding TT games.

CGAdam posted: »

I figured there had to be more to it, thanks. Is there a tutorial for this online somewhere? I might just be searching the wrong keyword, but I haven't found anything useful.

• Yeyuh

Well, there's the OTWDF. In which would be your best source of modding TT games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.