Full time poker thread

edited February 2007 in General Chat
I am very new to the online world of poker (I have been playing since Oct. 2006). Due to a unique financial situation I do not have to work. So I am going to start playing poker full time. I will post everything that happens here, in this thread. It will be a way for me to keep track of the evolution of my own game, as well as a way to get feedback from other more experienced players. I am up about three hundred dollars since I began playing. Went through some very bad losses early on, due to my game just being bad. But have been able to bring myself back into the black. I will be putting $500 into my Full Tilt account to start off (looking to take advantage of the Bonus offer). My goal is to play at least eight 55 minute sessions a day, starting out at the 10NL tables. I am going to start over there, build my bankroll, then after maybe a month there move up to 25NL. I also like to play in tournies. So I will more likely than not play two tournies a day, maybe a sNg or two as well. I do not have Poker Tracker or any other tool yet, but am considering getting it once I have my bankroll up to $650, then to take the BR up to $1500 by the end of January. Anything that you guys and gals think might be helpful to me post up. Look forward to hearing from you. BTW I play a very loose and aggressive game.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    davis9786 wrote: »
    My goal is to play at least eight 55 minute sessions a day.
    8 hours a day? You should get better quickly then. ;)
  • edited February 2007
    This post kind of looked like spam when I first saw it. I've had a few friends play on a couple of sites. They stopped playing after seeing some strange things happen on the site. I used to play the free poker online every now and then but it eats up too much time. Best of luck.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Sweetness. I play Full Tilt. Or I used to until I had no more money. As much as I love poker, I'm not that great at it. I'm trying to perfect my skills when I have the money though.

Don't tell anyone though. I think its illegal in the states.
  • edited February 2007
    davis9786 wrote: »
    Due to a unique financial situation

I would like this partial phrase to be implemented in a game somehow.
  • edited February 2007
    I'm a mean tournament poker player.. it just takes up too much time tho..and its mentally draining.. :(
  • edited February 2007
    Why eight 55 minute sessions? I think it takes at least 45 minutes to get into one's stride, to start developing reads and so forth so I'd recommend you play longer sessions, even if you have to play less sessions to accommodate for it.

Also Calculators like PokerPro 2006 would be an extremely good investment, especially if you want pointers on how to improve, hand histroies help people to help you but PT is also critical if you really want to improve. The calculator advises whether to raise, fold, bluff, slow-play, or check-raise.

Lastly, don't take this the wrong way but with your level of experience and the stakes you play, it's going to be a while before you make a living out of playing poker. That is, a comfortable and consistent living. I don't know how much you're going to rely on your poker earnings but bare that in mind.
  • edited February 2007
    Sounds like fun, just don't get yourself addicted lol, I've seen so many people on the streets because of a bad case of "Just One More Hand" syndrome.
  • edited February 2007
    I am inclined to believe that these posts are intended for a different website/forum and somehow get duplicated on Telltale's site.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.