Hi! I'm the Intern!

NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
edited February 2007 in General Chat
Ok...

So let me start off by saying... I already wrote this post once, but due to stupid crap, it's all lost. So I will try to recreate what I wrote. You might find a hint of surliness though.

Soo I really don't have much to say. Just that I'm the current Telltale Games Intern. It's pretty sweet. I figured I've been hiding in the forum shadows stalking members and chuckling at Jake's remarks. Well now I too shall be making remarks... maybe...

Who am I? You sure you wanna know?

My birth name is Nicholas, but please, call me Chief. Nick works too... I would tell you more, but I'm afraid that if I disclosed more, people would hunt me down and slay me for my position (which rocks btw). I am officially the youngest employee here at TTG at the ripe age of 18. It's pretty sweet untill we have the company party at some crazy bar in the city. I pride myself in being pretty hip and young though. I like to say things like killer, sweet, bummer, burl, hella, rockin', the, kool (with k, pronounced: c-oo-l), and various awesome things to say. I think I'm gonna add tool to my vocab cause Jake is an inspiration. If you ever wanna hear the word tool used in the best ways possible, work at TTG.

What do I do?

I make moving pictures. All that video work on the site? MINE! not legally, but watev (add that to the vocab list). Actually all the episode 1 stuff isn't my work. But all of the game trailers, game play footage, and stuff that makes you hate your online boredom, that's my realm! Once in a while I make in game stuff. Or I make up little clips that that aren't really in the game and put them in trailers just to make hardcore fans pull their hair out (see ep. 4 trailer (oh wait, you can't! hahahahahahahahha (I'm sorry for that) ) ). I also answer many support emails. Any time you need an activation key, I'm your man!

So I hope you enjoyed this visit inside my head. I love writing long forum post twice so it's been a REAL joy for me. I hope this will be a long relationship between you and I. "You" being the general reader. Not "you" as in Hannah or Alex. Sorry... not even Natalie or Trevor. Actually none of these people:

Trudee
Richard
Katie
Katy
Sarah
Emily
Tara
Dave
Lani
Sierra
Chamisa
Ray Ray
Griffen
David
Chewbacca
Han
Luke
Nick Frost
Simon Pegg
Sam Rockwell
Edward Norton
Owen Wilson

So when I say "You" in the future, know that I wasn't meaning these people. If your name is in fact NOT on the list, well then I must have forgotten you, and you might as well consider yourself on the list. Unless you name starts with 5.

I am soo confused as to what I just wrote. This is what happens when I write a post with no definite purpose. I am really sorry for any internal damage I have done. Enjoy the games?

-- Nick, Telltale Games

don't sue

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I'm sure you've been told it's the intern's job to announce the 'secret licence' that Telltale is working on.

So, when you're ready...
  • edited February 2007
    Hey there Nick. Since you are the new intern let me fire some questions at you:

Do you work in the closet which was formally resided in by Brendan?

Do we assault you when the sam and max episodes are too easy?

Who did you have to sleep with to get that position?

Do you realise you were 4 years old when most of us were playing hit the road and day of the tentacle?
  • edited February 2007
    Hey Nick,

What are your favorite (non-Telltale) games, now and in the past?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007

¬¬
    Do you realise you were 4 years old when most of us were playing hit the road and day of the tentacle?

We remind him of this as often as possible. Especially today when he made the mistake of admitting he'd never heard of Big.
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    I sure hope you don't mean "Ray Ray" as in "Ray-Ray sandwich from Theresa and Johnny's " because in that case I think you have just brough "it" on. You think that their oversized potato(e) peeler is just a novelty item? Just you wait Nick. Just YOU wait...

...CSI Case #175, here we come...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    I thought you showed up in this thread to berate him for inadvertantly taking credit for making "a painstaking search" and "trainspotting," which clearly bear the mark of Daniel Herrera.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    I've been a replaced by a younger, sexier version of myself! *sobs*
  • edited February 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    ¬¬

Please tell me those aren't two fingers pointing to the left... please Emily...

Anyway, good to hear they are actually putting an intern to work, other than collating documents, refilling the water tank, and giving pedicures to anyone who merely walks in front of the offices.
  • edited February 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    I break out this acronym maybe once a year:
    LOL
    Definitely.
  • edited February 2007

Sleeping with the PR Lady gives you a good image not a good position (at least not in the company) :D

So what did you really do to get this Job? I've never heard of anyone in the gameindustry who was choosen for his skill :D
  • edited February 2007
    So, Nick, any secrets on how to make GOOD coffee?
  • edited February 2007
    tina_asok.gif
  • edited February 2007

We remind him of this as often as possible. Especially today when he made the mistake of admitting he'd never heard of Big.

:D Oh dear how can you work for a game designer when you don't know you're 80s classics..could be a positive though maybe he's never heard of Howard the Duck
  • edited February 2007
    impudent whelp ! errr.... I mean welcome :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007

Er, those are the international sign of subtly disapproving shifty eyes in reference to Nick's shady remark. Thanks for playing though.
  • edited February 2007
    Especially today when he made the mistake of admitting he'd never heard of Big.

I hope you made him watch it! That's an important movie!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Hey there Nick. Since you are the new intern let me fire some questions at you:

Do you work in the closet which was formally resided in by Brendan?

Do we assault you when the sam and max episodes are too easy?

Lets see...

No to the closet. In fact if you read my employee bio, you'll know exactly where I work.

Personally, I think some of the puzzles we put in our game are ridiculously hard. Tricking Steakcharmer? OMG that was hell. It took me 30 minutes and an IM to Emily to figure that one out. But of course the reason it might be so easy for you is because I then proceed to cry about my ineptitude for the whole month until they make it easier. You CAN assault me when the trailer sux. Unless it's this next one because I will assault back.

I slept with BearBear the night before I got an email asking if I was interested. So the moral of the story is treat your stuffed animals right. what? IDK
    Actually I had been doing musical theater for 10 years, and one of my musical directors was Jared Emerson-Johnson. The musical genius behind the Sam and Max Audio greatness. So he got me in.

And for your information, my two favorite games growing up were Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, and DOTT. So you can just eat it. I was a little scared of Sam and Max when I was young, but I played through it anyways. So I knew what I was jumping into.
    edited February 2007
    So, Nick, any secrets on how to make GOOD coffee?

I'm actually a dual Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate powder packets kinda guy. Coffee makes me need the bathroom key to much
    edited February 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Er, those are the international sign of subtly disapproving shifty eyes in reference to Nick's shady remark. Thanks for playing though.

What? I made no shady reference! It was some other sick perv!
  • edited February 2007
    Squinky wrote: »

He's even got an avatar that looks a bit like yours. Shameless impersonator!

--Erwin
  • edited February 2007
    I remember my days as an intern (actually I've never been an intern, but I've had some below me)... the first rule was always: It's the intern's fault... so, that's probably why Jake mentioned you.
  • edited February 2007
    Nick, as punishment for invoking the unholy name of Owen Wilson, you must now submit all secret info on upcoming Sam & Max episodes to my e-mail address, as well as sending me via british butler on camelback, 50% of your paycheck and a Mallo Cup :P
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Coffee makes me need the bathroom key to much

That's what makes it such a fun beverage to drink. It adds a little interest to the day. :D
    Squinky wrote:

But he'll never make a Max puppet like you do though...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.