What Is YOUR Previous Experience with the Borderlands Series?

2»

Comments

• Yep, he was always like that. And I always kill him the same way - hide & snipe. xD

I think it's the same for BL2, no matter what class you're playing the first two bosses are not that easy as they might've been.

Also, sorry for random rant but I've just been replaying TPS right now with Timothy, and did I get worse at the game or was Deadlift always

• edited July 2015

I had no experience before TftB. I have no idea how I've missed Borderlands but I ain't even mad cause I started from the Pre-Sequel and it felt kinda good playing it in chronological order (I mean I haven't played BL1 and I don't think I ever will cause... not enough motivation). I swear it's the only action game where I actually enjoy the action just as much as I enjoy the story, that's incredible.

• I played the first game with my friends and one of my friend's brothers. That friend's brother picked the big dude whose name I don't feel like looking up, and he basically ran through the entire game smashing everything while the rest of us struggled to keep up. I didn't get to read any of the quests or anything, and I barely was even able to fight because he killed everything. At that point I put the game down for good, and that was years ago now.

Now I have Borderlands 2 and I play it occasionally with a friend. Never with my other friend's brother though.

• Welp, I'd have sniped him if I had anything to snipe him with.. shitty Tediore pistols are not so good for that :P

I'm also replaying BL2 at the same time (gotta do something while waiting for the next TFTB ep) and I'm having some problems with the W4RD3N and his infinitely respawning entourage... I need to get back into the main games after all the TT, which means I may have to turn aim assist back on, but that just feels like a failure :/

DeityD posted: »

Yep, he was always like that. And I always kill him the same way - hide & snipe. xD I think it's the same for BL2, no matter what class you're playing the first two bosses are not that easy as they might've been.

• So... get a sniper rifle? :p You can't be that broke or unlucky at the very beginning of the game?

Well, that's odd. I don't really remember having any troubles with bosses beside Flynt in BL2, and especially that one. But then again, playing as zer0 has taught me many things. For instance, "if shit hits the fan - run for your life". xD I just hate dying and going into fight for your life mode and all of this made me kinda cautious. Like, very. And I think it pays off in BL2 to the point where I usually die from stupid stuff like being hit by a train but almost never in battles. :)

Welp, I'd have sniped him if I had anything to snipe him with.. shitty Tediore pistols are not so good for that :P I'm also replaying BL2

• Haha, no, I've dealt with Deadlift already, with my crappy pistols, no less.. it was just tedious, in a way I don't remember it being before. Should have done my sidequests, I guess.

Flynt was actually ok for me, I think... don't you respawn right next to ammo and health dispensers, or sth? Eh, I don't remember, I play too many games at the same time. But yeah, I'm generally more of a sniper type myself, but I'm playing Axton now and the loader bots and drones are swarming me in the W4RD3N battle, idk... (It doesn't help that critically damaged loader bots crawling across the ground make me severely uncomfortable after TFTB...)

So... get a sniper rifle? You can't be that broke or unlucky at the very beginning of the game? Well, that's odd. I don't really remembe

• don't you respawn right next to ammo and health dispensers, or sth?

Yep, but that's not the point because those psychos also will spawn/respawn anyway. That's not to mention there was fire everywhere. The only thing that saved me was that fire-resistant shield but it sucked as a shield - and being an assassin it was a tough fight at the low level because you're not suppose to take so much damage while not being able to hide anywhere or at least run. But it was really funny and intense so it's all good. :D

(It doesn't help that critically damaged loader bots crawling across the ground make me severely uncomfortable after TFTB...)

I swear those things makes me uncomfortable every time I fight them. They're very creepy for some reason. And that sound they make when they land... Creepy af.

Haha, no, I've dealt with Deadlift already, with my crappy pistols, no less.. it was just tedious, in a way I don't remember it being before

• I swear those things makes me uncomfortable every time I fight them. They're very creepy for some reason. And that sound they make when they land... Creepy af.

I just can't not see Rhys' Loader Bot's face... plate... in them now. And that makes it really difficult to off them. (which in turn lets them kill me as I stand there pondering the relativity of good and evil).

don't you respawn right next to ammo and health dispensers, or sth? Yep, but that's not the point because those psychos also will sp

• #EXPLOSIONS?

Shoogli posted: »

He's role-playing Mister TORGUE =P !

• I first got BL2 in the summer sale after reading good reviews and hated it. Not too into shoot n' loots. Bought the game because Telltale. Played BL2 again recently. Didn't make it much further.

• Survey statistics are avaliable at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PeQmjtHLLaYPSVWaIFp8OOZsHjmpol8cgp17LRe4_ps/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Our community seems to mostly have played Borderlands 2 with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel coming up second. A bit more than half of the people who participated have played Borderlands 1. DLCs have generally been played by 2/3 of the people who played the base game. 5 people out of 55 haven't played any Borderlands games before the release of TFTB and 3 out of the 5 people hadn't heard anything of Borderlands before.
    Details about where people had heard about the game from are available at the link above.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.