Could the stranger be...?

I was on Tumblr and there's a blog about Borderland Confessions. Someone posted this;

Alt text

I have brief knowledge about what happens in Borderlands 2, so I'm not sure how much of a far fetch this is, but...

Could Jack's wife be the stranger?

pls dont kill me ;u;?

Comments

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

jacks wife was very likely killed or cripled accidently by angel siren powers, which caused jack to imprison angel and her powers and use it for his own motives like any good dad. but that.. is a story for another day. (lets see if anybody will get this reference)

nah but seriously jacks wife wouldnt even be living on pandora if she is still alive, i doubt she ever been to pandora. the reasone angel was on pandora is because jack was using her siren powers to charge the vault key so he wont have to wait 200 years for it to be charged naturaly like it did in borderlands 1, and most vaults are on pandora so it will be a logical place for angel to be. other then that, jack lived on helios and his wife likely would too if she was alive.

• edited July 2015

We don't even know 1. who the hell was Angel's mother 2. what the hell happened to her 3. how many freaking wives Jack had. And was even Angel's mother his wife or not. The whole thing with restraining Angel doesn't make sense without knowing anything about her mother. I don't know if Burch made the whole thing deliberately obscure, but what Jack says about Angel's mother/his wife contradicts with AMA and one of the audio log from BL2 where one of the scientist says his wife suggested that "the Angel" be shut down. For there to be something to shut down, Control Core Angel must have already been active at that time. But that lead me to beleive that he did something to her exactly because she suggested to shut it down, because he says that a) he killed his first wife and enjoyed it b) that her death was "accidental and tragic". And that sort of reaction... I dunno, but imo it's more likely that he's mad at his wife for betraying (hence "marriage was a mistake") him or whatever rather than killing off the scientist because of a grief over her "accidental" death.

clap-tp posted: »

jacks wife was very likely killed or cripled accidently by angel siren powers, which caused jack to imprison angel and her powers and use it

• Was the reference to Shoddycast's Fallout Lore series?

jacks wife was very likely killed or cripled accidently by angel siren powers, which caused jack to imprison angel and her powers and use it

• wat?

it was NEVER mentioned in ANY borderlands game that jack had more then 1 wife, and jack said that angel hurt/killed her mother.

DeityD posted: »

We don't even know 1. who the hell was Angel's mother 2. what the hell happened to her 3. how many freaking wives Jack had. And was even Ang

• yes

tyler8160 posted: »

Was the reference to Shoddycast's Fallout Lore series?

• On the Official AMA, when asked about his favorite kill or something, he said "First wife".

wat? it was NEVER mentioned in ANY borderlands game that jack had more then 1 wife, and jack said that angel hurt/killed her mother.

• those things are jokes, it dosent canon.

On the Official AMA, when asked about his favorite kill or something, he said "First wife".

• How do you know they're just jokes?

those things are jokes, it dosent canon.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

do you think in borderlands canon jack sits on camputer and talk to people on reddit?

How do you know they're just jokes?

• Are you serious? No, no, you have to be joking.

Nice troll 8/8

do you think in borderlands canon jack sits on camputer and talk to people on reddit?

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

youre right, i trolled you. jacks uses tears of orphans to make his hair look good, just like he said on reddit. 100% canon.

Are you serious? No, no, you have to be joking. Nice troll 8/8

• 100% canon. ;)

youre right, i trolled you. jacks uses tears of orphans to make his hair look good, just like he said on reddit. 100% canon.

• Alt text

100% canon.

• That's some poor photoshop, look at the comparison of the hand to the rest of his body.

• you didnt deserved good editing, and its not photoshop its windows paint

That's some poor photoshop, look at the comparison of the hand to the rest of his body.

• I'll try harder next time.

you didnt deserved good editing, and its not photoshop its windows paint

• Awesome. I just took a shot in the dark.

yes

• Besides the Reddit posts, which is Jack being a jackass that we know and love; There has never been mention of more than one wife, and he will kill anyone who brings her up, so the answer to the question of what happened is probably only known to him. I found the writing for the echos odd. In the interaction between Jack and Angle it all sounds like a very business like exchange. When he speaks to his daughter in BL2 it's more like a father talking to a daughter. Which makes me wonder if Angle was an AI at one time.

• AMA is quite official. Well, I mean you can ignore what Burch says but I personally don't see a reason.

Plus, Angel in the game says that we shouldn't listen to him because he'll do anything to manipulate people. So in the end, it could be both that Angel did something and Jack killed her because of that "something" and because she wanted to shut Angel down = so in his eyes, it would be Angel's fault because she's the reason he had to kill his wife.

wat? it was NEVER mentioned in ANY borderlands game that jack had more then 1 wife, and jack said that angel hurt/killed her mother.

• Just because nobody else explicitly answered your question:

The official character AMA's (Torgue and Jack) are considered canon, as are (or were) the ECHOcasts. All of these (except the most recent Claptrap one) were done by Anthony Burch and he confirmed on his ask.fm that they were continuations of the story/universe and were canon.

• In the interaction between Jack and Angle it all sounds like a very business like exchange.

So no one would suspect that she's not an AI? There's a reason why no one (almost no one) knew he has a daughter after all.

Besides the Reddit posts, which is Jack being a jackass that we know and love; There has never been mention of more than one wife, and he wi

• Or she was only an AI that merged with his daughter. Why not? Tis a sci-fi game and things can happen cause of reasons.

In the interaction between Jack and Angle it all sounds like a very business like exchange. So no one would suspect that she's not an AI? There's a reason why no one (almost no one) knew he has a daughter after all.

• Well it's quite a theory but where's the evidence? I'll sooner believe that "Hyperion AI lady" we heard in TPS is just really some poor woman they forced to read stuff.

Or she was only an AI that merged with his daughter. Why not? Tis a sci-fi game and things can happen cause of reasons.

• Because of reasons...not getting that I'm saying this is a world created in the minds of the writers and as such they can pretty much make anything happen. People talk about cannon like it's religious text, or historical scrolls.

Well it's quite a theory but where's the evidence? I'll sooner believe that "Hyperion AI lady" we heard in TPS is just really some poor woman they forced to read stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.