Stealing Athena's Shield -> impact?

Hey! So i watched some other peoples TFTB-Walkthrough and learned, that you can steal Athena's shield, but i cant find any video, that shows, how things are going in the beginning of Episode 3, if Athena cant use her Shield to block the bullet from Vallery! Has aybody an idea whats going on there ( or can show it to me by posting a link )?

Comments

• I'm also extremely curious about that too.

• I think if I remember correctly from my playthrough, you see the shield get thrown out off the caravan or something similiar

• edited July 2015

I kid you not, the shield literally flies out of Fiona's caravan and hits the bullet; then Athena comes and catches it.

• Just before athena comes in there is a glimpse of the shield flying out of the open door of the caravan. The rest is the same, athena doesn't even mention it.

• space magic.

the shield flies off by itself.

i think it's among the things they were gonna do differently but then changed idea, it looked really weird.

• I'm sad that Athena didn't address it later. I specifically stole the shield for her reaction :'(

• I laughed when that happened in my playthrough. It's not that it wasn't badass or anything, just a tad bit ridiculous. Come to think of it, the shield having a mind of it's own might have helped later on during the battle at the end since Fiona didn't have fast enough reflexes to toss the shield back in time.

NamelessAce posted: »

I kid you not, the shield literally flies out of Fiona's caravan and hits the bullet; then Athena comes and catches it.

• I've seen it before. More advanced the plot is - TTG is skipping details. Which is bad. I'd like to know how Athena, Vallory or Hugo were able to find our protagonists. I hope TTG has the answers.

• Hugo is able to track Rhys through his implants, and Vallory is the "Queenpin" of a crime syndicate, so I'm sure she has contacts all over Pandora keeping tabs on them. As for Athena, she's a badass Vault Hunter with a multitude of skills, so I'm sure she would have no trouble tracking amateurs like our heroes.

Omid's cat posted: »

I've seen it before. More advanced the plot is - TTG is skipping details. Which is bad. I'd like to know how Athena, Vallory or Hugo were able to find our protagonists. I hope TTG has the answers.

• Yeah, that disappointed me. And the notification said she'd REALLY remember that. :(

• edited July 2015

Athena has particulat set of skills ;) if you know what i mean.

tyler8160 posted: »

Hugo is able to track Rhys through his implants, and Vallory is the "Queenpin" of a crime syndicate, so I'm sure she has contacts all over P

• Athena REALLY didnt remember that

• I don't know if it had to do with taking the shield at all, or if taking the shield was the final step in convincing Janey, but I know that the conversation Athena has on the phone with Springs is different and she knows about Athena's protection job if you were persistent about telling her in Hollow Point.

• Hahaha.

Athena has particulat set of skills if you know what i mean.

• "Athena will pretend that never happened"

clap-tp posted: »

Athena REALLY didnt remember that

• Yes, and with Athena being Kidnapped, i think that Fiona explaining what happened to Janey will be easier if Janey already knows what Athena was up to.

mirashade posted: »

I don't know if it had to do with taking the shield at all, or if taking the shield was the final step in convincing Janey, but I know that

• When I stole her shield i thought it is possible to use it in a later Episode. I played The Pre Sequel and know how powerfull it is and I thought it could usefull.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.