So...the next Gortys upgrade...

Is anyone expecting Gortys to become a super powerful robot? I'm kind of getting this vibe due to the tease in episode 3 where it seemed like Gortys was about to turn the tables on August except it ended up just giving her a pair of legs, I'm really curious about this little development.

Comments

• The Helios upgrade is probably a pair of super strong/buff arms to match those new gams!

• Maybe Gortys will become the Vault guardian/monster? Would be a weird-ass twist though.

• Given Atlas/Gortys colour-scheme, your username is eerily apt.

Maybe Gortys will become the Vault guardian/monster? Would be a weird-ass twist though.

• Ha, you heard it here first!

Given Atlas/Gortys colour-scheme, your username is eerily apt.

• why is it on helios tho, its atlas thing in hyperion moonbase

• Maybe Jack found/stole it at some point before his untimely demise?

I mean, he (seemingly) wasn't aware he was dead at the end of ep1/begining of ep 2, and yet he was the first person to tell us that it was The Gortys Project and that it would lead us to a vault - how did he know?

clap-tp posted: »

why is it on helios tho, its atlas thing in hyperion moonbase

• Maybe Atlas felt it was the best way to hide it from Hyperion.

why is it on helios tho, its atlas thing in hyperion moonbase

• Gortys is Exodia lol

Maybe Gortys will become the Vault guardian/monster? Would be a weird-ass twist though.

• H-source probably. Or Angel. She can hack into any electrical device on Pandora. He also knew of the BL1 and TPS vault.

Maybe Jack found/stole it at some point before his untimely demise? I mean, he (seemingly) wasn't aware he was dead at the end of ep1/beg

• edited July 2015

Is a GPS tracker that will lead them to the almighty Dr. Ted, someone who is more valuable than the vaults. Hyperion knew this, and this is why they had it. Since they didn't have Gortys, they were trying to figure out how to us it without her.

• That is a very good point. Maybe he still managed to get his hands on it utilising said information, though?

I just can't think of any reason why Atlas itself could/would have put it on Helios.

H-source probably. Or Angel. She can hack into any electrical device on Pandora. He also knew of the BL1 and TPS vault.

• Maybe someone from Hyperion "accidently" bought it or something like that not even knowing what it is. I'm just thinking about what Vaughn said - that some Hyperion execs buy Atlas' stuff just to put it on their trophy shelves and gloat.

Maybe Jack found/stole it at some point before his untimely demise? I mean, he (seemingly) wasn't aware he was dead at the end of ep1/beg

• Oh ho ho - that is a very, very good point - great catch!

I imagine whichever cutthroat Hyperion employee's desk it graces will not be impressed to lose their prized possession - maybe Vaughn (if he's there) can trade them his Atlasio?

DeityD posted: »

Maybe someone from Hyperion "accidently" bought it or something like that not even knowing what it is. I'm just thinking about what Vaughn said - that some Hyperion execs buy Atlas' stuff just to put it on their trophy shelves and gloat.

• Gortys will get cyber boobies

• I know it sounds kinda weird, but maybe Rhys' future arm is the last upgrade. He has to get it somewhere, and it looks kinda Atlas-y

• Maybe his arm is needed to see Gortys' vision? Since she's atlas and his arm is Hyperion. The atlas arm might be compatible.

Poogers555 posted: »

I know it sounds kinda weird, but maybe Rhys' future arm is the last upgrade. He has to get it somewhere, and it looks kinda Atlas-y

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

why do you care for dr ted so much? no offense just curious, there is nothing known about him exept that he is brother with zed/ned and he was mentioned only once in a minor dlc

Is a GPS tracker that will lead them to the almighty Dr. Ted, someone who is more valuable than the vaults. Hyperion knew this, and this is why they had it. Since they didn't have Gortys, they were trying to figure out how to us it without her.

• Probably something that will hold the vault in place long enough to open it.

• He is the forbidden brother! He is Ted, he is our god.

why do you care for dr ted so much? no offense just curious, there is nothing known about him exept that he is brother with zed/ned and he was mentioned only once in a minor dlc

• Because of the Mystery surrounding him. I became him. I care for him as i care for myself. I have writing long class concepts and stories of my god. Also cause Doctor.

• I'm expecting that something bad will happen to Gortys. In Episode 3, the trio in present time find the Energy Chassis for Gortys in the Desert by looking at a hole in the mountain. I think Gortys gets shot down in various pieces, explaining why there was a hole in a mountain that led directly to the Energy Chassis. Doesn't look good for her

• But she still should be "alive". Because the Captor said that Gortys needs them both for some reason.

Someguy12 posted: »

I'm expecting that something bad will happen to Gortys. In Episode 3, the trio in present time find the Energy Chassis for Gortys in the Des

• Welp, if she's completely disassembled down to her two core components, she may need Rhys and Fiona to pick those up - you know, since they 'shock other people'.

But she still should be "alive". Because the Captor said that Gortys needs them both for some reason.

• Damn, did not think that through.

Welp, if she's completely disassembled down to her two core components, she may need Rhys and Fiona to pick those up - you know, since they 'shock other people'.

• Yeah I think it would be really cool, like a sign of a good writing in opposite to things that sometimes happen when the devs have to rewrite stuff and things like that.

Nooo, not Atlasio, it has a calculator in it. xD Plus, poor Vaughn deserve to have something cool for once.

Oh ho ho - that is a very, very good point - great catch! I imagine whichever cutthroat Hyperion employee's desk it graces will not be impressed to lose their prized possession - maybe Vaughn (if he's there) can trade them his Atlasio?

• But his Hyperion arm and Echo-eye are able to hack old Atlas computers with no trouble at all.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Maybe his arm is needed to see Gortys' vision? Since she's atlas and his arm is Hyperion. The atlas arm might be compatible.

• Damn, all this would be clever. I really hope the telltale peeps see/remember this

Yeah I think it would be really cool, like a sign of a good writing in opposite to things that sometimes happen when the devs have to rewrit

• edited July 2015

Old Atlas computers

• Gortys may be old but I am sure she isn't as old as that technology in the death rally and in the dome. So they most likely made certain devices compatible with Atlas tech instead of any.
    fayescarlet posted: »

But his Hyperion arm and Echo-eye are able to hack old Atlas computers with no trouble at all.

• I know - Vaughn and Rhys playing pong on the Atlasio in the Jack opening credits is one of my favourite moments of ep 3 - I legitimately want one!

Yeah I think it would be really cool, like a sign of a good writing in opposite to things that sometimes happen when the devs have to rewrit

• Okay, this thread is just full of astute comments!

That would make so much sense as to why The Stranger needs them both...

Welp, if she's completely disassembled down to her two core components, she may need Rhys and Fiona to pick those up - you know, since they 'shock other people'.

• I'm 100% sure Hyperion would soon realize there's a weird metal thing in their base.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Maybe Atlas felt it was the best way to hide it from Hyperion.

• edited July 2015

Alt text

(?)Loaderbot approves.

Gortys will get cyber boobies

• You might have given us another piece of the puzzle! Awesome! :D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.