Is It Possible The Stranger Is _______?

Marcus? I mean the gun he has is pretty much a gun only a vault hunter could get, so maybe a vault hunter sold it to him after they found something better. Marcus is motivated by money a lot. And a vault would obviously be A LOT of money! Also, apparently his model is in the game or something like that. But also, it would make sense that Marcus would know all of these details since he would have heard it directly from Fiona and Rhys. I also found a thread on Reddit that has the same thought here

Comments

• But then Marcus is telling the story of two people telling a story to him?

• sure why not :p

But then Marcus is telling the story of two people telling a story to him?

• Storyception

• That's how he gets all of his stories. Other people come to him/are found by him, tell him stories of their adventures. Then he steals those stories, copyrights them, novelizes them so they can be sold on other planets while he waits for the movie deal to crop up, and make a second fortune alongside the one he made selling guns to the heroes who gave him those stories in the first place.

• Then that means if the stranger isn't Marcus, he must know marcus in some way to be able to tell him this story. Unless Fiona told him it in which case that would probably mean Fiona confirmed for VH in Borderlands 3

Rock114 posted: »

That's how he gets all of his stories. Other people come to him/are found by him, tell him stories of their adventures. Then he steals those

• I think that the Stranger would be somebody more involved in the story, somebody who had a decent role to play. It's just, it wouldn't be a grand reveal if it was a guy Rhys and Fiona had never met in the story before. Just my two cents, though. The Stranger could be anyone.

• The Stranger is Claptrap. You heard it here first!

• I think I'm more convinced by the theory that the stranger is timothy, Jack's double. He's a vault hunter and it would explain why he has that gun. He also needs to hide his face because, well, he's a Handsome Jack lookalike.

• i think its zero

• edited July 2015

Why would he want to hide his identity?

Remember who he's?/
    The mysterious Zer0/
    Writer of haikus

Lies in the shadows/
    With his most lethal weapon/
    The digistruct sword/

Tdurden593 posted: »

i think its zero

• It's probably Vaughn since he likely won't be coming with us to Helios.

• Considering it's my first haiku ever made, I'm not surprised

• Stranger is Nisha, Roland, Wilhelm, Jack, Commander Steel and Angel all shrunk down and standing on each other's shoulders.

• edited July 2015

Pff..
    It's Vaughn.
    He's currently on "Unknown" state.
    He somehow managed to escape from Vallory.
    For some reason is disguised and then he kidnapped his friends.
    Sasha is gonna die, and, obviously, you cannot kidnap a corpse.
    And yes, Vaughn can drag Rhys and Fiona because he's buffed..

• It's Vasquez.Alt text

• I HAVE TO RESTRAIN YOUR FRIEND FROM HIP-FIRING HIS PIMPERNEL INTO YOUR FACE HANG ON NO ZERO NOT NOW-

Axton posted: »

Why would he want to hide his identity? Remember who he's?/ The mysterious Zer0/ Writer of haikus Lies in the shadows/ With his most lethal weapon/ The digistruct sword/

• I'm thinking it's August, because, well...

• Very similar posture and body movements.
    • His mom was able to get a Badass Bandit Technical WITH A WINDOW. She's effing rich. So she could easily get him a Conference Call from Marcus.
    • He's also after the Gortys core.
    • And, well, he demands total honesty from Rhys and Fiona.
  • Hmm, I never even considered August as the Stranger before.

LawmanZero posted: »

I'm thinking it's August, because, well... * Very similar posture and body movements. * His mom was able to get a Badass Bandit Techni

• My guess is Felix. Some spared the bullet, others didn't but who says he really died and didnt survive the bullet? Would explain why he treats rhys and fiona with a certain amount of respect.

• who says he really died and didnt survive the bullet?

I do. Most people do.

After being shot (which indicates that he wasn't wearing a shield), he was in the center of a massive explosion. Nobody survives something like that, not even in a Borderlands game.

Sardia posted: »

My guess is Felix. Some spared the bullet, others didn't but who says he really died and didnt survive the bullet? Would explain why he treats rhys and fiona with a certain amount of respect.

• Also, in Borderlands, so far, any named characters have DIED.

It's even stated in the opening credits of Ep. 2 that Fiona shot him. If Marcus mentions that, Felix is certainly dead.

Piggs posted: »

who says he really died and didnt survive the bullet? I do. Most people do. After being shot (which indicates that he wasn't wear

• Mmmh. Well, then... I liked your idea of August, lawman. But the way the stranger behaves implies somebody older and wiser to me, than August, thats why i thought of Felix. But yeah... Speculations, speculations...

LawmanZero posted: »

Also, in Borderlands, so far, any named characters have DIED. It's even stated in the opening credits of Ep. 2 that Fiona shot him. If Marcus mentions that, Felix is certainly dead.

• edited July 2015

That would be really cool

Greenzoid2 posted: »

I think I'm more convinced by the theory that the stranger is timothy, Jack's double. He's a vault hunter and it would explain why he has that gun. He also needs to hide his face because, well, he's a Handsome Jack lookalike.

• I think is Cassius, he disappeared awful quick and an Atlas employee most likely has some cash. He isn't CONFIRMED dead, right? :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.