Episode 5, a final choice?

Firstly, I'd like to say this is my first time posting on the community forums so its great to be here. I've been enjoying tales from the borderlands as one of my favorite TTG series. Now before you go and say "woah woah woah, we didnt even play episode 4 slow down" NO, this is something that will probably happen anyways, so just work with me and hear me out, okay? Okay.

So in episode 5 I believe that in the end the player will have to choose between Fiona or Rhys to make it to the very end, or the vault maybe? Now there are a bunch of things that say this can't happen mainly because maybe these characters might come into borderlands 3, and many things in game suggest Fiona could later become a vault hunter in BL3. Now as much as I think thats possible, the decision between choosing Rhys or Fiona doesn't necessarily mean death, it could possible mean who gets the riches of vault or whatever they want in the end. now again that cant really work because how would they transfer that decision over to the next borderlands game, so I think that it wont be a direct link sadly, I just cant see that working out. But for once in the world lets look past all of those possibilities and just think its possible. What if you had the choice, would you take Rhys or Fiona to the end? Why? (Before you mention Vaugh or sasha just think that they might not even make it past Helios, I mean we haven't even heard there names mentioned to the stranger yet, is it possible they die on helios? What do you guys think about that?)

Comments

• Maybe, Rhys or Fiona get into the vault, but either way it end up none of them get the riches/tech in the vault

1. Inside the vault is the legendary Dr. Ted, or

2. They get into the vault. Much wow. Such amazing, but somebody does something stupid and ruins it all.

• Even before this game came out I always thought that the last choice might be some sort of Save Rhys or Save Fiona type deal, but I really, really, don't think Tales will end sadly.

• don't think Tales will end sadly.

And that makes me sad.

Poogers555 posted: »

Even before this game came out I always thought that the last choice might be some sort of Save Rhys or Save Fiona type deal, but I really, really, don't think Tales will end sadly.

• What's a telltale game without a somewhat sad ending.

don't think Tales will end sadly. And that makes me sad.

• I think they'll make it past everything and the group as a whole will make it to a vault and open it, but before they get their riches Claptrap screws everything up.

• The Wolf Among Us?

Tac_Poke posted: »

What's a telltale game without a somewhat sad ending.

• Yeah what InGen said, Wolf Among us kinda has a mellow sad ending

Tac_Poke posted: »

What's a telltale game without a somewhat sad ending.

• I... don't know. In my playthrough I made Rhys and Fiona buddies. I didn't choose the negative dialogue options towards anyone really, except Cassius. I enjoy playing as Rhys, it's hilarious. But Fiona is always action packed. >_> Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu
    Alt text

• if by sad and mellow you mean a cliffhanger, then yes. thats actually sad and mellow

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah what InGen said, Wolf Among us kinda has a mellow sad ending

• Vaults always just seem to contain creatures to fight. So...

Maybe, Rhys or Fiona get into the vault, but either way it end up none of them get the riches/tech in the vault * Inside the vault is t

• Before you mention Vaugh or sasha just think that they might not even make it past Helios

NO! That won't be cannon!Rhysa will live 4ever!

• I dunno, it's still pretty bittersweet. Snow starts treating you like a stranger, and Toad, TJ, and potentially Collin are sent me to the farm. Not a fully happy ending by any means.

The Wolf Among Us?

• A theory I thought of is that Fiona becomes a Vault Hunter and a protagonist in Borderlands 3, an Rhys is taken over by Jack or greed and becomes the new CEO of Helios and is the main villain. Though I feel that there would be choices to not become a Vault Hunter or not become evil, if these happened, Gearbox would probably make the before mentioned choices canon in the storyline.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.