What do you think they will do with Athena?

I hope somehow she gets away from their hold. She was one of my favorite characters.

Comments

• This is already answered. They take her to Sanctuary where the interrogate her for the Pre-Sequel story. She's there during the modern day part of TPS and he stays there as seen in the Claptrap DLC.

You won't see her for the rest of the past parts of Tales as I assume, maybe in the present but I personally doubt that.

• I think she's done as far as this story is concerned at least. I'd like for her to come back too but if you've seen the ending for the pre-sequel then you'll discover she's a bit, tied up, with another matter with the same Vault Hunters that took her,

• Agreed. I think her part in Tales is done. However, Fiona, Rhys and company need to get to Helios, and I know of some vault hunters with the codes...

This is already answered. They take her to Sanctuary where the interrogate her for the Pre-Sequel story. She's there during the modern day p

• I'm still wondering where that is on the timeline, Helios isn't blown up...so...

Synotaph posted: »

Agreed. I think her part in Tales is done. However, Fiona, Rhys and company need to get to Helios, and I know of some vault hunters with the codes...

• So I think there might be more vault hunters in episode 4, they have to get up there somehow, right?

I'm still wondering where that is on the timeline, Helios isn't blown up...so...

• Yes but their intentions were to blow it up...

So I think there might be more vault hunters in episode 4, they have to get up there somehow, right?

• Here's a graphic timeline specifically for Athena :) (BL1, BL2, BL TPS spoilers though).

• Easy. They'll find the Gortys part, and THEN blow the thing up. Assuming they all get along.

Yes but their intentions were to blow it up...

• Not easy, The Helios space station is still there in the present day part.

Easy. They'll find the Gortys part, and THEN blow the thing up. Assuming they all get along.

• edited July 2015

probably going to be sold to China

this was a politics joke on greece's current economical difficulties and selling of assets.

• Ah, good point. Maybe Maya was exaggerating? They've got a war coming, so maybe blowing up Helios got put on the back burner? I still think it's a good way to get up to Helios and tie-in the main games cast.

Not easy, The Helios space station is still there in the present day part.

• Well, we know that the BL1 cast is busy...Gaige, Axton, and Aurelia are busy...We already saw Zer0...I honestly wouldn't mind meeting Maya and Kreig up there.

Ah, good point. Maybe Maya was exaggerating? They've got a war coming, so maybe blowing up Helios got put on the back burner? I still think it's a good way to get up to Helios and tie-in the main games cast.

• Couldn't Helios station serve as transit spaceport of sort ?

Saying this because I'd like, even if only a glimpse in thebackground, to see Gaige and Axton hauling Aurelia back to Sanctuary ;) ! Maybe like undercover or something...

Well, we know that the BL1 cast is busy...Gaige, Axton, and Aurelia are busy...We already saw Zer0...I honestly wouldn't mind meeting Maya and Kreig up there.

• Do you think Hyperion would allow them to do that? Because I don't.

Shoogli posted: »

Couldn't Helios station serve as transit spaceport of sort ? Saying this because I'd like, even if only a glimpse in thebackground, to see Gaige and Axton hauling Aurelia back to Sanctuary ! Maybe like undercover or something...

• too soon

Aaira posted: »

probably going to be sold to China this was a politics joke on greece's current economical difficulties and selling of assets.

• Of course Hyperion wouldn't allow it, I was thinking more like undercover, like using the station amenities to refuel in secret, stuff like that ;) !

Do you think Hyperion would allow them to do that? Because I don't.

• Everyone keeps saying that we won't be seeing Athena again as if its some kind of certainty. Its not. In the claptastic voyage DLC for TPS, Athena has remained in sanctuary (where she ends up in the future part of TPS) and is telling Brick, Pickle, and Tina her story about entering claptrap. This doesn't necessarily mean she's up there forever and that she won't return to Tales.

Maybe she won't return to Tales, I have no idea, but everyone who is saying she definitely won't or can't show up again are just wrong.

• She won't...At least not in the past. The interrogation took a far amount of time, including the set up, the actual interrogation, and the fallout. She stayed for long enough for Pickle to be at Sanctuary, there is no way he's there without his sister. There is not enough time for Athena to reappear in the past...Does that mean she can't be in the present part? No. Athena can appear, but not in the past, that much is certain.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Everyone keeps saying that we won't be seeing Athena again as if its some kind of certainty. Its not. In the claptastic voyage DLC for TPS,

• Exactly what I'm saying, and many other people are saying can't happen...

Anyways, I don't actually think she will show up again, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is to think it isn't possible.

She won't...At least not in the past. The interrogation took a far amount of time, including the set up, the actual interrogation, and the f

• what you mean by the code? the part in one of the BL2 DLC's (to avoid spoilers of course) ..

Agreed. I think her part in Tales is done. However, Fiona, Rhys and company need to get to Helios, and I know of some vault hunters with the codes...

• Gaige, Axton, and Aurelia are busy.

busy with what? mind me asking. if you mean the holodome thing, then maybe? but i doubt it. i dont think gaige nor axton or even athena miss on such an action.. thats me. because i want them to go to helious xD i'm biased. but i want to believe that they are there because its going to be crazyyyy

Well, we know that the BL1 cast is busy...Gaige, Axton, and Aurelia are busy...We already saw Zer0...I honestly wouldn't mind meeting Maya and Kreig up there.

• play tps you should find answers you will

• During the holodome DLC, they say they were hunting a vault and Aurelia while the interrogation was happening and some time after.

Mercyva posted: »

Gaige, Axton, and Aurelia are busy. busy with what? mind me asking. if you mean the holodome thing, then maybe? but i doubt it. i do

• They're gonna bring her back to Zeus.

• edited July 2015

One thing we should consider though is it may entirely be possible that all the recollections of all what happens during TPS last no more than a day.

Athena is tied on the pole ready to be executed like maybe at dawn. Seeing as how the lighting doesn't change much, if at all (edit : shadows go in the same direction), she tells her story (normal mode) in about an hour and then is saved by the watcher. She's then freed and goes probably have a coffee or whatever, at Mox or wherever during which Lilith is busy chatting with the watcher. Then maybe she starts telling the story again to Tina (TVHM and UVHM mode), [...] then is joined, say at noon, by Gaige and Axton, and then tells the story again (Holodome mode), (actually nope, see edit below) [...] then Lilith is done chatting with the watcher and gets Claptastic story (normal mode) retold in the beginning of the afternoon, at the end of which btw she genuinely apologizes to Athena for almost killing her by ordering her execution (and many people must have missed this version since most played Claptastic only in TVHM or UVHM), and then in the middle of the afternoon Athena retells the whole claptastic voyage, but this time to Pickle and crew...

I don't remember any clue during all the recollections of TPS events letting us know if all those stories happened the very same day or in the span of a few days. As far as i'm concerned it almost seems like there is a "tell it again" line by whomever as soon as she's done with one of the story because she's always like "what ? again ?!?" ;) ! Kind of a gag of sort.

EDIT : Actually well the Holodome part happens at least a few days after since Gaige and Axton are told to bring Aurelia alive because of the discussion between Lilith and the watcher.

During the holodome DLC, they say they were hunting a vault and Aurelia while the interrogation was happening and some time after.

• She wont be coming back as this game ties in with the present time ''borderlands the pre sequel'' so she wont be coming back because she stays in sanctuary

• bt athena had a job to do! i dont think that was enough for her to call it quits... she said that if i sensed that my work is over i would get out of your lives,, but i dont think she's the one to leave jobs undone. i say that because secretly i want her to appear again! i can hope.. but i dont think we will see her. which is a bummer.

• She may finish the job in BL3 if reunited with Fiona and crew in Sanctuary...

;)

Mercyva posted: »

bt athena had a job to do! i dont think that was enough for her to call it quits... she said that if i sensed that my work is over i would g

• dude.. thats way too long :( .. we wont get any BL3 news anytime soon. i suspect that its a 2017 release. late 2017 to be exact. thats way too long to keep me wondering about athena and fiona :( .. hope telltale give us more of athena!

She may finish the job in BL3 if reunited with Fiona and crew in Sanctuary...

• They're gonna give Athena back to her daddy up on Mount Olympus.

So yea she's in Sanctuary in the present time, she won't die.......right?

• I hope she comes back in EP5 to settle her ''contract'' because she kinda didnt. knowing athena well, she's not the type to leave contracts/missions. so i hope she at least have a scene in the finale.

• My prediction after playing TPS was: Athena was going to be made one of the heads of the Crimson Raiders,Lilith would still be overall leader but Athena probably be above other Vault Hunters like Axton and Gaige. Eventually Janey would move in with her and she'd help the Raiders.

Since the last episode, all that's changed is Janey is going to fly one of her Stingrays up to Sanctuary and make a spectacular entrance with rocker launchers akimbo (Mr. Torgue would be proud) and demand that they release her future wife, only to see that Athena is perfectly safe and just sitting down and having tea with Tina.

• Athena has more knowledge about jack than the other vault hunters as she has worked for him in the past so her knowledge about hyperion could be vital for the vault hunters

• I love the justification for Athena doing The Claptastic Voyage. "Needing money for their rent".... on Pandora lol

Here's a graphic timeline specifically for Athena (BL1, BL2, BL TPS spoilers though).

• edited September 2015

enter image description here

mah favorite <3 (Love that neck snap scene tho)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/3boz6j/what_happened_to_athena/

First chain of comments made me chuckle :> lmao

Here's a graphic timeline specifically for Athena (BL1, BL2, BL TPS spoilers though).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.